Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toyota Altezza SXE10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hardcore ones have how many hp by average for NA mod. Previously you mention 4G18 crankshaft + 77mm CFE pistons can get around 120-140hp is it?

Izso mentioned several times that more fuel + more air = more power.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-modification/439219-open-pod-on-automatic-car-2.html
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/features/389412-car-modifications-the-dummies-guide-part-1-a.html
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/features/390088-car-modifications-the-dummies-guide-part-4-a.html

So, change into high flow filter will allow more air to enter the engine. Which means that the injectors will spray more fuel to burn the extra air to compensate? Correct me if I am wrong.
Depends one lah. Super subjective.
Btw, nice find lol. I didn't know the existence of the threads.

hgbee

Known Member
Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
No la. My 4G15 is nothing. I've seen really hardcore street builds and drag builds. Justin Merrill for example is legend, I'm just a cheapass DIYer.

TS wanna buy my car or not? :biggrin:
Still dunno yet leh izso. Parents say we still have a lot of time to think and until i can drive.

What car are u planning to get?

jason4883

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Selangor
Too bad, TS doesn't prefer a 2 door car. Else, Satria or Putra would be a good choice for him to start learning about modification. Plenty of modification can be done to the 4G engine and yet it is not that expensive.

The maintenance of a BMW is not cheap at all even though I don't own one.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if your dad has passions in beemers then get 1, u wont regret.
like my cousin he & his dad has an MR2 each.....both of them rebuild their cars at home, they share the same passion.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hardcore ones have how many hp by average for NA mod. Previously you mention 4G18 crankshaft + 77mm CFE pistons can get around 120-140hp is it?

So, change into high flow filter will allow more air to enter the engine. Which means that the injectors will spray more fuel to burn the extra air to compensate? Correct me if I am wrong.
The stroker kit and oversized pistons combo will easily increase your horsepower to touch 100bhp easily. But a little more will be needed to hit 140bhp dude. Once you're ready to pull out your 4G15 I'll teach you :biggrin:

Still dunno yet leh izso. Parents say we still have a lot of time to think and until i can drive.

What car are u planning to get?
Don't know yet. Perfect la. Gives me time to think and gives you time to prepare. Hehehe.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
like my cousin he & his dad has an MR2 each.....both of them rebuild their cars at home, they share the same passion.
Gah, rebuild rebuild. I've been dreaming about it. Everyday read build threads.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Too bad, TS doesn't prefer a 2 door car. Else, Satria or Putra would be a good choice for him to start learning about modification. Plenty of modification can be done to the 4G engine and yet it is not that expensive.

Izso's Wira also 4G mahahahaha

hgbee

Known Member
Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

Trust me, i want a two door . But u know la, have to fetch family go gaigai. Im not even thinking about the bmw anymore hahaha

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

My dad likes bimmers and mercs cuz they look classy haha.

Rebuilding a car with my dad? Haha the only thing he knows is engine displacement. Everytime he sees a car thats 2.0 he'd be like that car very powerful . I do hope i get to rebuild a car with my bro tho

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

The stroker kit and oversized pistons combo will easily increase your horsepower to touch 100bhp easily. But a little more will be needed to hit 140bhp dude. Once you're ready to pull out your 4G15 I'll teach you :biggrin:

Don't know yet. Perfect la. Gives me time to think and gives you time to prepare. Hehehe.
Yeah exactly. What how much did ur wira get on the dyno?

jason4883

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Selangor
OK. 2 door car is out since have to fetch family members go gai gai.

May be you should consider of getting a cheap stock standard car and start your modification project.

Project NA (Naturally Asipirated) : either VTEC or MIVEC
Project turbo : Evo III or RB20 lorrrrrr....

My newbie 2 cent.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Throw in Plastic dip two orange ears.......:driver::biggrin::biggrin:

Aiyah! Bring for DIT we polish up for you too......
Polish mine too :rofl:

I got a Wira which is inherited from my family. Good enough for me but still feel a little not satisfied because lack of budget and proper knowledge to mod it.

If bought yours, what am I going to do with my car? Already a little tight on budget because of the fees for uni... Don't dare to request for a change of car.
Sell off yours and buy Izso's one. You bought yours how much?

Not proven save fuel nor more fuel consumption. To me, I just want to save on buying the ori air filters which cost RM80. Might as well I get a K&N which I can reuse it.

jason4883

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Selangor
Polish mine too :rofl:

Not proven save fuel nor more fuel consumption. To me, I just want to save on buying the ori air filters which cost RM80. Might as well I get a K&N which I can reuse it.
Agree with you bro. Can't really prove the fuel efficiency or the performance after install aftermarket air filter (regardless drop in or open pod). Most important is can reuse it. I can wash it anytime I want. :proud:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok guys lets not talk about buying over my car anymore, if anyone is interested just PM me. We can talk.

hgbee : Dyno-ed the car 3 times that's worth while mentioning. Stock auto, after rebuild still auto and after another rebuild with manual.

The sad thing is the figure started low, then went up, then went back low again. Hence my need to mod the head again. I can't understand why the 2nd rebuild reduced my bhp by 10bhp.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Izso mentioned several times that more fuel + more air = more power.

Yup, fuel + air = power. The more fuel + air as in displacement or forced induction = more power.
High air flow, how to get more fuel? unless you cheat the ECU, then restricted as injector too small, then change to bigger injector and so on and on and on = mod and mod and mod.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, fuel + air = power. The more fuel + air as in displacement or forced induction = more power.
High air flow, how to get more fuel? unless you cheat the ECU, then restricted as injector too small, then change to bigger injector and so on and on and on = mod and mod and mod.....hahahahaha:biggrin:
Sifu then sifu. Pointed out the injectors. Hahha. I also didn't thought of that.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Depends one lah. Super subjective.
Btw, nice find lol. I didn't know the existence of the threads.

Civic EG9 or EK4 also can be considered. Although ori EG9 and EK4 is rare, there are still converted ones fitted with B16A,B16B,B18C or B18C Type R.

You need to give me some time first. When the time comes, I'll seek advice from you for sure. :biggrin:

Gah, rebuild rebuild. I've been dreaming about it. Everyday read build threads.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Izso's Wira also 4G mahahahaha
4G got a lot of series. 4G1 series, 4G9 series, 4G6 series. :biggrin:

Mine bought for 40k plus. Around 15 years ago. Bought by my dad but he's not around anymore, if you know what I mean.

I thought the stock ECU will compensate and inject more fuel from the injector due to extra air?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Civic EG9 or EK4 also can be considered. Although ori EG9 and EK4 is rare, there are still converted ones fitted with B16A,B16B,B18C or B18C Type R.

You need to give me some time first. When the time comes, I'll seek advice from you for sure. :biggrin:

4G got a lot of series. 4G1 series, 4G9 series, 4G6 series. :biggrin:

Mine bought for 40k plus. Around 15 years ago. Bought by my dad but he's not around anymore, if you know what I mean.

I thought the stock ECU will compensate and inject more fuel from the injector due to extra air?
4G15 only lahhh.

Dude, u used the 'if you know what I mean' so wrongly.

Stock vs stock injector should be okay. Unless BOT then cannot dy. Pushing more than what the stock injectors can go I guess.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guy

did your konw why to buy this think,how if 2nd hand ?
or any comment for it

thanks

ftfong
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience