Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toyota Altezza SXE10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think he is comparing to cars that are familiar to him that is similar to TS's suggestions.
I think US doesn't have the IS/RS200. Only AS200(2JZGE).

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Just got news from PaulTan!!!
Yippeee.
Proton six-speed manual to be paired with CFE engine - Lukman
2JZ-GE is AS300.

Saw the news too earlier. But they haven't confirm when will the six speed manual cfe engine combination be launched. Pricing also not out yet.

hgbee

Known Member
Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I'm shocked! You didn't wet blanket his choice of cars? :biggrin:

Dude, since no one else is going to be upfront, let me be brutally honest with you. Both of these cars are out of your league for now since you'll be working part time only. Let's talk realistically, at best you get RM20 per hour (at best!) and you work 20 hours a week (at best again). That's RM1600 a month at best without any deductions (EPF, Socso, food, etc).

A 40k car (2nd hand) will have about 3.3% interest rates, and assuming it'll be a 5 year loan, with your dad paying 10k downpayment (awesome dad btw), that means your loan will be 30k.

So calculations :

Interest for 5 years = (3.3% * 30,000) x 5 = RM4950
Car loan = RM4950 + RM30,000 = RM34950
Monthly instalment = RM582.50

That leaves you with RM1600 - RM582.50 = RM1017.50

So say your average travel distance per day is 50km, times 5 days is 250km per week. These cars aren't exactly fuel friendly cars but I'll give them benefit of the doubt and give you 10km/L and I'll just estimate they have 40L tanks. That's about RM74 a week (you won't leave it until empty to refill right?) meaning RM290 on average for fuel per week.

Meaning you'll be left with RM1017.50 - RM290 = RM727.50

If you take away food (average RM10 a day for lunch, skip BF) RM200 a week that leaves you with RM500 odd loose change.

That's barely enough to replace the battery for the beemer, much less the parts you'll need to replace with the age of those cars. Of course there's the exception where you buy a car from a brother who completely overhauled the car and fixed all outstanding things before selling to you. If yes - then great... but these are old cars. There'll always bound to be something he forgot to fix.

I'm not familiar with the BMW nor the Tezza, but the S60 Volvo I do know. There's these joints in the front suspension that make a helluva racket after some mileage (about 20k km odd) and need changing. Those joints are RM180 a piece without install. So that's RM360 gone leaving you with barely enough money to buy a girl a meal. I mean come on, you buy a car like this for two reasons :

1. They are awesome cars and you just wanna own a piece of awesomeness
2. You got a hot chick you wanna impress

And with the amount money left behind #2 is kinda hard. And breaking down in an awesome car with a hot chick in it is not awesome.

So if you're insisting on buy either one of these cars, I'm thinking the only solution is to have a higher downpayment or minimally 25k, then find that high paying part time job that I was talking about (RM20 an hour) will be another matter.

Dude, you're better off with a new car la. I personally hate the Myvi even though I own 2 so I would totally discourage you from buying it. If you wanna get a cheap car get the Persona LE, for RM40k+ you can get a new car. Or if you can top up your budget, the Preve LE, that one is turbo goodness with the manual option. Plenty to mod on both these cars but less gaya mutu keunggulan compared to the beemer and tezza. But less headaches since parts cheaper and less parts to fix.

My 2 cents. Don't mean to be a wet blanket.

--------------

After reading what you wrote, i realised im really naive haha. I didnt even think about the interest rate nor the road tax. Plus, these are old cars and with my lack of knowledge about engines, id be ALL of my money sending my car to workshops to get it fixed since they're old cars. I think if i get those cars i dont even have to rhink about modding them, cuz ill be constantly replacing broken or worn out parts of the car.

Ive thought about getting the 320i because i thought that it could be one of the only cars that are used, around 40k and wont need much work on it ( wont have lots of problem) .

I didnt choose these cars because i wanted to impress a chick by the way haha. I want a car that would impress me, not someone else :p

I would REALLY wanna get a wira or old civic type r (s), or maybe even a cheap long toyota sedan ( chaser etc )and learn more about mods or engines and maybe bring it to tta but my dad probably wont approve because he thinks it's not reliable and safe.

I still have a lot of time but till then feed me with more knowledge pls! :)

Thanks for using ur time to write such a long reply.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

im a 320i owner as well but e90 model, anyways its true that beemers require extra attention & $$$.
its true that 320i is under powered compared to 323,325,328i, but for a slow driver like me I can adapt to it.

but if im in your shoes, single & rich parents id go for the altezza 6 speed manual.
Thanksfor the info.

Parents are not rich thats why im aiming for a long term car and pay most of it myself :)

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Good points, but is actually the 320i and not 328i
Sorry. We do not have 320i nor is200 here in US. That why I am comparing the 328i and IS300.

Btw, what is the going price for IS200 or E46 320i over the in MY??

Thanks.

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
To thread starter,

if i were you, i will buy AE101 with 4age blacktop. you can get it below 20k. spacious, fast, still beautiful (for me), good fuel consumption for normal driving, a lot of spare parts still available....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
--------------

After reading what you wrote, i realised im really naive haha. I didnt even think about the interest rate nor the road tax. Plus, these are old cars and with my lack of knowledge about engines, id be ALL of my money sending my car to workshops to get it fixed since they're old cars. I think if i get those cars i dont even have to rhink about modding them, cuz ill be constantly replacing broken or worn out parts of the car.

Ive thought about getting the 320i because i thought that it could be one of the only cars that are used, around 40k and wont need much work on it ( wont have lots of problem) .

I didnt choose these cars because i wanted to impress a chick by the way haha. I want a car that would impress me, not someone else :p

I would REALLY wanna get a wira or old civic type r (s), or maybe even a cheap long toyota sedan ( chaser etc )and learn more about mods or engines and maybe bring it to tta but my dad probably wont approve because he thinks it's not reliable and safe.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Thanksfor the info.

Parents are not rich thats why im aiming for a long term car and pay most of it myself :)

Actually - I just came across a very very very well built completely built up AE101 Corolla with a fully built Toda engine (Japan) hooked up with a 6-speed manual. The only thing I'd change is the black and red leather interior but otherwise the car is a sure shot. If you like I could hook you up with the owner who's letting it go for 26k negotiable. It's already modded and has a classy black paint job, is quite cheap and will eat a lot of cars for breakfast lunch and dinner. Not too expensive to maintain (non turbocharged) so I personally think it'll be a good buy for you. Let me know.

(Go google-up Toda... you'll like)

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Izso: i'm not that big an asshole laa ... apa la deiii
Hehehehe :biggrin:

hgbee

Known Member
Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Actually - I just came across a very very very well built completely built up AE101 Corolla with a fully built Toda engine (Japan) hooked up with a 6-speed manual. The only thing I'd change is the black and red leather interior but otherwise the car is a sure shot. If you like I could hook you up with the owner who's letting it go for 26k negotiable. It's already modded and has a classy black paint job, is quite cheap and will eat a lot of cars for breakfast lunch and dinner. Not too expensive to maintain (non turbocharged) so I personally think it'll be a good buy for you. Let me know.

(Go google-up Toda... you'll like)

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Hehehehe :biggrin:
Do you have a pic? So tempted la but then my dad wont let me buy such old cars although they're awesome as hell. Fun too

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Now only i know Danz hehehee... slow driver? nope... i dont think so :driver:
Nah, just that Danz are starting to see things slower whenever he drives.

To thread starter,

if i were you, i will buy AE101 with 4age blacktop. you can get it below 20k. spacious, fast, still beautiful (for me), good fuel consumption for normal driving, a lot of spare parts still available....
A good choice and a good car to start with for a starter. Not too costly to maintain too.

Do you have a pic? So tempted la but then my dad wont let me buy such old cars although they're awesome as hell. Fun too

Then how old is old only your dad allow? Used Altezza is not that new as well. at least 8 years right? Some should be close to 10 years old. Those also consider old what.

Might as well ask your dad to buy you the SEG with blacktop cash rather than paying downpayment for a car. Pay it cash with the downpayment meant for Altezza or BMW 320i.

For a start, you won't regret it. Enough to smoke a few cars. :rofl:

Either that, if you don't want headache. Just buy IZSO's Green Lembughini made in Malaysia (proton Wira aeroback) at RM15K.

Confirm good condition and you will like it. Buying from Izso nothing can go wrong.
Just might find some chicks under garments in his wira if you are lucky. Consider it as freebies.

Cabut :vroam:

Last edited:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
--------------

Thanksfor the info.

Dude, get yourself a brand new persona if your budget is 40k to 50k. Forget about these old car such as civic type R (this old civic i think u cant even get a load for it) and the old toyota chaser. The cars you plan to get are not low maintenance and drink fuel like you drink water. Forget about modding, it might cost more than you pay your car monthly installment. Listen to Iszo master what he has told you in his previous reply.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'll get new Myvi if don't plan to mod. Good fuel consumption for normal daily use :biggrin:
If not get a used 2006 Kelisa. Around RM22K. Great car, stable and good handling. Save up the rest of the money for better use.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Btw, no need to buy BMW or Tezza, trash stupidcar's Persona as training 1st. When you are good enough only get your dad to buy the BMW or the Tezza. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mazda North America Operations arrives at the 2016 SEMA Show with 2 guises of its MX-5 roadster; the MX-5 Speedster Evolution and MX-5 RF Kuro.

MX-5 Speedster Evolution

The Speedster Evolution which is based on last year’s Speedster concept has undergone...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience