RX8,Caldina or Altezza

andrewk

Jan 9, 2009
I like the look of the Caldina - very aggressive styling. I've seen some samples around with nice bodykits and wheels.

If your sis wants the Caldina, suggest she find a GT4-N version with a sequential auto gearbox, recaro seats and all wheel drive, though the last one might just bring fuel consumption up....

Caldina has quite a strong owners club here as well. Might be good to ask around that forum for advise.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

maybe u should post it at the 1000 or 2000cc category..
post in toyota forum enough already, sure get positive comments on caldina n altezza..
but the rx8 or 350z thread which i linked in previous post, even tho its posted in mazda category, people still say 350z is better.. :confused:
good sign for your sis to test drive these cars and make her choice for herself..
its her that will end up behind the wheel, :driver:
not us :rofl:
agreed with u bro..............:adore::adore:
IMHO, stock altezza is starting to show its age. Design wise looks like the evo 7- 9 era. Not exactly old, but not new too. However, with a nice bodykit, it'll certainly command some presence.

Last edited:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
Well it's all personal preference. If you don't mind joining the stream of the many RX8s and Caldinas around then it's up to you. I wouldn't say the Altezza is exclusive but it is less on road. So yeah, if you prefer something that is a lil different.

Yes, a stock Altezza is showing it's age, no doubt. But it still managed to turn heads around everytime the Tezza pass by, and people will go, "what car is that?". Well yeah, any car with a nice bodykit will certainly boost up it's appeal.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Well it's all personal preference. If you don't mind joining the stream of the many RX8s and Caldinas around then it's up to you. I wouldn't say the Altezza is exclusive but it is less on road. So yeah, if you prefer something that is a lil different.

Yes, a stock Altezza is showing it's age, no doubt. But it still managed to turn heads around everytime the Tezza pass by, and people will go, "what car is that?". Well yeah, any car with a nice bodykit will certainly boost up it's appeal.
totally agree, theres alot of 8's n caldinas on the road now, and altezza is a rare sight..
never fail to make me smile when i see one (once in a blue moon).. :proud:
and to see other people's reaction when one passes them..

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Brother, just narrow down your list into "rx8" and "altezza". But for girl, Rx8 look nicer ^_^
Anyway, ask your sis to look on other car such as Mini cooper, VW beetle or VW golf GTI, especially GTI!

yumaji

Jan 20, 2009
Greetings......My sister wanted to buy a new car.....She's in dilemma whether to pick rx8,caldina or altezza.....I didn't know much about these car.So,i hope sifus2 out there can help her to choose...And how about the maintainence for these cars?Is it easy to get and how much would it cost?Which car is worth the money?Btw,she wanted to use the car for daily use...... :hmmmm:
I can take ur sis for a ride in ipoh, I bet she will love rx8. pm if interested. or pm if need advice on service and maint.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
PisangGTR,

most importantly is what she wants. yeah i agree girls would love the RX8 more because it's almost a 2 door and it's sleek looking. but it's just too mainstream. :)

end of the day is what she wants, practicality, power, and such.

Pisang GTR

Known Member
Feb 9, 2009
in a farm
thanks for the advice.....yeah my sis love the shape of the rx8....but,she is still having a tough time to decide what car she should drive..

andrewk

Jan 9, 2009

Totally agree. You hit it right on the nail...Its all about personal preference. If you like a certain car, why bother how many they are on the road. You can make it "yours" by adding different kits and wheels anyway

On the other hand, if you really want something a lil different, why not get a proton tiara? It's not exactly exclusive, but i hardly see any on the road these days. Even less than the altezza....

Bottom line is, get what suits you best.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Totally agree. You hit it right on the nail...Its all about personal preference. If you like a certain car, why bother how many they are on the road. You can make it "yours" by adding different kits and wheels anyway

On the other hand, if you really want something a lil different, why not get a proton tiara? It's not exactly exclusive, but i hardly see any on the road these days. Even less than the altezza....

Bottom line is, get what suits you best.
100% agree!

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
bro......the title of this thread is discuss about rx8,caldina n altezza la.........

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
Pisang GTR,

If ur sister is experiencing a hard time to choose whether it's GT4, RX8, Altezza, a Cooper or even a Tiara, make some free time to test drive all those cars & hangout with the owners..you can hv lists of comments of all these cars from the members but in the end it'll come down to personal comfort and preferences..and the only way to experience these is by sitting inside, drive the machine with ur own feet pressing the pedal and ur own hand shifting the gear..

On maintenance issues, i think Ipoh is an established city whereby there are lots of reliable mechanics that can handle turbos/NA..even few workshops on the way to Menglembu (near the Perodua & FNN) service luxury cars e.g Merc, Bimmers, Jags, Estimas, Alphards etc..you just hv to ask around the right guys on where to spend ur money at..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, recently i've asked about how do i need to modify on my Waja 4g18 exhaust system, a sifu suggested me to change the extrator to 4-2-1 and mid box only.
is that enough to gain the performance that i needed already? exclude the sound or whatever muffler that are for cosmetic purpose only. thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience