BMW M3 and S1000 RR chase each other w/video

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The debate on whether two or four wheels are quicker has been around longer than that of the chicken or the egg and lucky for us, the attempts at solving that lingering question hasn’t shown signs of slowing down either.

Though common logic states that the more the merrier, that isn’t always true. BMW Motorrad decided to take a crack at providing an answer, thus they lined up two of the fastest pieces of machinery from the German manufacturers stables, a BMW M3 and an S1000 RR.

Both machines weren’t left stock standard though as the M3 was handed over to Akropovic Evolution for some fine tuning that allowed it to gallop further with 442hp to drag a weight of 1,620kg around. The crotch rocket’s engine was left stock with 198hp but it was put on an intense diet to bring the weight down to a staggering 197kg, giving it a horsepower-to-weight ratio of 1:1.

The challenge had both vehicles starting from opposite ends of the track and the goal was catch the racer in front of you. The first one to catch the other vehicle would claim bragging rights, albeit temporarily, over the other.

If you’re too lazy to watch the video, the technical details mentioned above should give you a rough idea of the victor, who eventually took 15 laps to catch the other.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JUAfXnmjyz0" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
no sir, its not gonna be the other way around, unless next time u challenge an old kapcai. nuthing beats the adrenaline rush of an sbk, unless its a rocket, lol

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
power to weight ratio 1:1... sweettt...
take Venom GT (1200hp/1220kg). Race this both up n it'll be more fun!

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
still a fun race to watch :biggrin:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Bike is 200 +++ kg along with the rider .... Car is 1620 +++ kg with the driver ... Make the calculation lo ... I don care which wheelers win , in the end who is more comfort with the way they drive or ride wins ! Well at least i love driving , don't like to soak in wet during rainy days if i was riding a bike ...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
when i can accelerate fast on an sbk, i dont think iam gonna care about rain anymore. guano di?

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
when i can accelerate fast on an sbk, i dont think iam gonna care about rain anymore. guano di?
Absolutely bro!

:adore:

But just like many said I love how easy it was to push the normal sportscar(in general term) compared to normal sportsbike(I cant even push my 250cc to its potent limit...aisehhh I was too scared to going even further) & how much better it was when I dont need to scared with the accelerator as much as I was afraid with the throttle of bike when riding in wet rainy session.

But I do love the feels of go anywhere in fast manner,no need to even think twice about traffic jam during rush hour & the pull of acceleration,with the open-ness thrill all around is always mesmerizing(which is why I rarely ever had my car going out even if it was rainy unless the situation is stormy until its turn to be extremely gripless & cold as sh1t! )

BTW,good video by BMW...but still love the HP2 Sports boxer,or R1200 Boxercup over the new S1000RR.:love:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Mitevo,
cars n bikes have its own enthusiasts, no matter slow or fast one. if it is not, then why F1 and MotoGP exist. talk about rain or not or soaking wet, that's not the issue in this video. it is fun to watch two fast machines play chase. where else can we watch bike n car race. hehe..

remember the Reventon play chase with, i forgot, but it was a fighter jet,. and also veyron vs Christiano Ronaldo. doesnt matter who wins.. it just plain fun.. n maybe funny too....

dont get me wrong, i am no intention to bash anyone... hehe.. peace bro!

Last edited:

A Post Every 5 Mins

The market for B-segment hybrid sedans have long been dominated by Toyota's Prius, a well established car of this segment for more than a decade now. It's likely first to come to mind when you think of a hybrid car.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience