RX8,Caldina or Altezza

Pisang GTR

Known Member
Feb 9, 2009
in a farm
Greetings......My sister wanted to buy a new car.....She's in dilemma whether to pick rx8,caldina or altezza.....I didn't know much about these car.So,i hope sifus2 out there can help her to choose...And how about the maintainence for these cars?Is it easy to get and how much would it cost?Which car is worth the money?Btw,she wanted to use the car for daily use...... :hmmmm:

Last edited:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
daily car? i've seen many girls drive rx8 around town, but i bet its their boifrenz who pump the fuel for them as its consumption is very high.. even the engine oil have to check more often than the regular car as its a rotary engine..

caldina n altezza is ok i guess, but caldina is 4WD, road tax might be higher..
got girls like altezza meh? i think it looks kinda boyish to me..
juz my 2 cents :wavey:

Pisang GTR

Known Member
Feb 9, 2009
in a farm
thanks 4 the info....yeah....I also think that the altezza looks boyish....But she kinda like it.......Even boys these days drives pink myvi....:burnout:

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
Altezza market price durable summore......few years before till nowaday still at 7xk--10xk:joyman::banghead:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
well, gotta agree on that.. pink myvis.. haha
well, whatever it is, better check if there is a reliable service center or workshop near where your sis is staying.. since the toyotas u mentioned are grey imports, u need a good mechanic who is capable of maintaining it..

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

haha mr khoo, ur avatar is cool man!

Pisang GTR

Known Member
Feb 9, 2009
in a farm
nice avatar khoo.....i laugh my ass out everytime i watch ur avatar....Btw,did u guys know any good service centre for those car near ipoh?

Pisang GTR

Known Member
Feb 9, 2009
in a farm
where to ask?(sorry for asking such a stupid question)....As my sister spend a lot of her time there.......:rolleyes:

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
well, gotta agree on that.. pink myvis.. haha
well, whatever it is, better check if there is a reliable service center or workshop near where your sis is staying.. since the toyotas u mentioned are grey imports, u need a good mechanic who is capable of maintaining it..

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

haha mr khoo, ur avatar is cool man!
nice avatar khoo.....i laugh my ass out everytime i watch ur avatar....Btw,did u guys know any good service centre for those car near ipoh?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:thanks for the compliment.....:five::shakehands:

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

ipoh ar?.. must ask our northern friends la.. as im from seremban oni.. hehehe
hachiroku clan.....u frm s'ban??me too leyh.....btw....i thought my avatar driver is ur avatar la!!!hahahhahah:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
im from ipoh.....my cousin use to maintain his car from REPLICA AUTO MECHANICS that is located after station 18 .....he does alot of turbo car for ex skyline supra mr2 mitsubishi and also honda ...and his price is not 2 bad ....u can go and check his place out his name is eunos...nice chinese guy....

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
:laugh::laugh::laugh:thanks for the compliment.....:five::shakehands:

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

hachiroku clan.....u frm s'ban??me too leyh.....btw....i thought my avatar driver is ur avatar la!!!hahahhahah:rofl::rofl::rofl:
haha i din know the stig stay in sban?
hahaha i drive stock ae92.. how bout u? i see ur profile,l both ur honda sold ady?

yumaji

Jan 20, 2009
Greetings......My sister wanted to buy a new car.....She's in dilemma whether to pick rx8,caldina or altezza.....I didn't know much about these car.So,i hope sifus2 out there can help her to choose...And how about the maintainence for these cars?Is it easy to get and how much would it cost?Which car is worth the money?Btw,she wanted to use the car for daily use...... :hmmmm:
haha....I would go for rx8,but dun get it from Ipoh. Im from Ipoh , I know there are few reliable service center around.

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
haha i din know the stig stay in sban?
hahaha i drive stock ae92.. how bout u? i see ur profile,l both ur honda sold ady?
yes bro.......both of 2 honda sold already.............now im using mr2....:rolleyes: bro...ur ae92 is wht color 1?

MDQ

Known Member
Jun 6, 2005
malaysia
Hi I drive an RX8 so I think I'm more qualified to give an accurate account about owning and maintaining an RX8. 1st hand experience is more accurate than "hear-say"

I don't know what criterion your sister looks for in a car, surely cannot be good looks becos if based on looks, Altezza has none, plus it looks outdated.

Ok as for maintenance, fuel consumption is high if u would compare to altis, vios, city, kancil, viva and so on... but it is rather reasonable if u compare to evo, sti, civic fd 2.0, skyline, caldina etc... What I mean is, u cant compare a cyclist and a weight lifter just becos both are humans.

As for the engine oil, it is not to say u have to top up every week, depends what oil u use, some oil dosnt burn as easily, like i only have to top up about 1ce every month.

There are many myths out there...
out of 100 ppl who gives their opinion on rx8,
80 dont even own an rx8
and base their facts on "hear-say"
and some based on the hear-say about rx7s
20 others are owners
but out of those 20 ppl,
only about 10 rx8ers I would say actually knows about their cars
the other 10 rx8ers ppl are sort of dunggu-dunggu types
just follow what ppl tell them without self investigating
and these ppl usually are automatic rx8 drivers,
know how to drive, dono how to maintain a car.

so if u ask any of the 90 people u r likely to be mis-guided

Feel free to ask me more about RX8

Last edited: