Putra Re-born

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
I think ur oldskool ride would any time cost more than how much my car could sell x 2... Hehe....
maybe i should rephrase my sentence: my car is OLD, full stop! Not old skool.. If sell my car maybe just enough tu get ur 4g93 halfcut.. Hehe
miss lola, i dont quite get it, but is your air filter exposed or its in da box? If its exposed aka open pod, u could opt for a steel pipe for cooler air.. Cool air = better power = happy lola.. Hehe.. Maybe ur alignment is off.. Might want to check that out.. A tire shop would be better, unless u wanna plonk an evo engine into ur putra.. Hehehe can check ur alignment, toe n balancing too..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Oh dude, youve got torque steer ar? Like when you hantam that time the cars pulls to one side?...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
maybe i should rephrase my sentence: my car is OLD, full stop! Not old skool.. If sell my car maybe just enough tu get ur 4g93 halfcut.. Hehe
miss lola, i dont quite get it, but is your air filter exposed or its in da box? If its exposed aka open pod, u could opt for a steel pipe for cooler air.. Cool air = better power = happy lola.. Hehe.. Maybe ur alignment is off.. Might want to check that out.. A tire shop would be better, unless u wanna plonk an evo engine into ur putra.. Hehehe can check ur alignment, toe n balancing too..
Bro, i think steel pipe will make the air hotter due to engine bay heat without proper wrapping, c/f or ori piping provide cooler air, however steel air does improve air velocity which helps in mid~hi power with proper tuning... just my 2 cents~:biggrin:

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
did you hv the waterpump replace as well?? i dont see u mention it in ur latest maintenance do up..

lola2574

Dec 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi boys...

ok... the standard air filter for putra has this black plastic tube, and connected to this black box, which im not so sure what it is,, then its connected to the filter box. the slot in filter..

what the mech did was, he fix the HKS open pod to the black box.. get what i mean? the slot in filter box has been taken out.. so basically its an open air filter..

to bro little wagon, urm.. yeah kind of.. its like.. the car is fast rasa macam nak melayang kereta.. loose control perhaps?

thxxxxxxxxxxx

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

did you hv the waterpump replace as well?? i dont see u mention it in ur latest maintenance do up..
the mech didnt say anything about my waterpump...

cuz i asked him to check everything with the car.. the only thing that is not fix is the allignment.. and he said something about the tires... and my a/c compressor bocor... *sigh

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
the black box dat u r talkin abt is the Air Flow Sensor....
well..to me...to do a stainless steel pipe to replace ur stock rubber pipe is more for "bling bling" factor lo.....
wif the current set up for ur air filter....all u need to do now is to go hardware shop to buy a 3" diameter hose....abt 1.5meters will do....then connect from ur front bumper to the HKS filter...
viola...DIY CAI dat cost less than RM100.....

as for ur "rasa nak malayang" prob...
better go to tyre shop to do up ur balancing n allignment....
since ur car hav been left there for 2yrs....
n also...check the condition of ur tyres....
they may look good as in "bunga" still a lot...
but then same case as the timing belt...rubber tends to get harden over time....
ur tyres may get harden as well...n its very dangerous...ur tyres wont grip/might crack....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Oh dude, youve got torque steer ar? Like when you hantam that time the cars pulls to one side?...
Cool air = higher air density = more oxigen per volumetric = more fuel = more power

= happy lola??? not sure about this.

Bro, i think steel pipe will make the air hotter due to engine bay heat without proper wrapping, c/f or ori piping provide cooler air, however steel air does improve air velocity which helps in mid~hi power with proper tuning... just my 2 cents~:biggrin:
Yes, it's will reduce the drag in the pipe.
We call it intake air ramp.

But like said, it'll also heat up the air if not properly insulated.

Just instal the open pod to the rubber hose. and DIY/Customize/But a heat sheild. Should increase 3bhp.

hi boys...

ok... the standard air filter for putra has this black plastic tube, and connected to this black box, which im not so sure what it is,, then its connected to the filter box. the slot in filter..

what the mech did was, he fix the HKS open pod to the black box.. get what i mean? the slot in filter box has been taken out.. so basically its an open air filter..

to bro little wagon, urm.. yeah kind of.. its like.. the car is fast rasa macam nak melayang kereta.. loose control perhaps?

thxxxxxxxxxxx

The black box u mention is connected with a wiring socket right? That is MAF. U can't remove that or ur fuel injection will go out of control. And u'll see CEL.(Check Engine Light)

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

the mech didnt say anything about my waterpump...

cuz i asked him to check everything with the car.. the only thing that is not fix is the allignment.. and he said something about the tires... and my a/c compressor bocor... *sigh
Ppl suggest waterpump change during the timing belt change is because ur timing belt change at 100,000km. For daily driven to work car, 100,000 km would be a few years... So, it could also be the time the check on the waterpump as well.

Ok, if u feel vibration on highspeed, it might have something to do with your wheel balancing.

Aircond compressor how to bocor..? It's either the magnetic clutch not functioning of it's not compressing.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

well..to me...to do a stainless steel pipe to replace ur stock rubber pipe is more for "bling bling" factor lo.....
wif the current set up for ur air filter....all u need to do now is to go hardware shop to buy a 3" diameter hose....abt 1.5meters will do....then connect from ur front bumper to the HKS filter...

but then same case as the timing belt...rubber tends to get harden over time....
ur tyres may get harden as well...n its very dangerous...ur tyres wont grip/might crack....
Cool air induction kit nowadays with shiny blink blink finishing also cost <RM100.

Agreed with the tyres... Please check.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

Cool air induction kit nowadays with shiny blink blink finishing also cost <RM100.

Agreed with the tyres... Please check.

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
CAI will help ur open pod to suck cooler air from outside. gud upgrade actually. last time CAI cost me about rm110. now, it is getting cheaper.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
i think i mentioned abt it in my previous post.. Thanx 4 reminding me tho.. :)

lola2574

Dec 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

so basically its like putting a rat whole from the bumper rite? they got the shiny covers too right.. i got what u mean.. hmmm true true.. maybe i should try this and put it myself! woop woop! hahahaah hope it will work! hahaaha

but guys.. i wanted to know. some guy is selling cusco extractor for RM580 stainless steel... 4-2-1. what do u think?

thhhhxxx

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
cusco 4-2-1 style header? delicious! go for it. most 93 user like it s much.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
a reconditioned or replica? i think is replica gua... i dunno know the market price for this extractor, but i got mine hotbits 4-2-1 for rm480, just for your pricing reference...

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Another advice for you is dun act impulsively, i kena conned lots of bucks while i started to mod car, very exciting so keep spending... Always double check for product quality, pricing and your own requirement..:biggrin:

lola2574

Dec 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
a reconditioned or replica? i think is replica gua... i dunno know the market price for this extractor, but i got mine hotbits 4-2-1 for rm480, just for your pricing reference...

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Another advice for you is dun act impulsively, i kena conned lots of bucks while i started to mod car, very exciting so keep spending... Always double check for product quality, pricing and your own requirement..:biggrin:
its a replica... new.. and cost around RM580.. i will try to get it more less.. the thing is... i am totally lone 'ranger' in this stuff! lol everything is just by myself and guidence by u guys.

i want to see the extractor first before buying it.. how do i make sure its good quality?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
wei bro's....can any one of you kl members be a gentleman and help a sis in need? go for a TT and help la sikit....wont it be a nice change for once? helping a girl? hahahahahha :rofl: everytime go TT all batang only....for once got diversity ...:rofl:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1st time:
About a year ago, he parked it right opposite of his mother's apartment guardhouse. According to the guards, their view were obstructed when a van parked side by side with my cousin's GTi. When the van moved away, the GTi vanished into thin air just like a David Copperfield magic trick.

It seems that my cousin was a victim of a syndicate that goes around stealing the hatch lock of GTi and making a key from it. Then they replace it back hoping the owner didn't notice it was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience