My cousin's GTi got stolen for the 2nd time

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
1st time:
About a year ago, he parked it right opposite of his mother's apartment guardhouse. According to the guards, their view were obstructed when a van parked side by side with my cousin's GTi. When the van moved away, the GTi vanished into thin air just like a David Copperfield magic trick.

It seems that my cousin was a victim of a syndicate that goes around stealing the hatch lock of GTi and making a key from it. Then they replace it back hoping the owner didn't notice it was missing in the first place. Then they watch your daily routine. Then they find the right time to just walk up to your car and use the key make from the hatch lock to open the door and start the engine and drive your GTi away.

Thanks to a GTi club member who alerted me about the whereabouts of my cousin's GTi, the police managed to recover his car from the public car park opposite of PWTC. Unfortunately the interior and tyres and rims where all taken. Anyway, the insurance company refurbish it to brand new condition..even the trip meter was set to zero.

2nd time:
About a month ago, he parked his GTi in his mother's parking bay in her apartment. Then a few cars including his GTi were broken into and they stole his ICE. Somehow the guards weren't even aware of it until the next morning.

So I advice my cousin to get a 2 Way Alarm system. But since he was about to sell his car, he decided not to invest in any upgrades or modification to his car...sigh..

Then it happened on the 5th of Feb around 11pm to 12am. He parked his car by the road side just behind the Taman Desa Police pondok which is next to his mother's apartment which is the Abadi Villa apartments. Thinking he would leave it there for a while and it would be safe because it's just behind the police pondok. According to my cousin, he had locked his steering wheel with the latest steering lock which utilises pin code entry otherwise it will emit a high decibel alarm pitch.

Sigh... guess what.. it happened again. Damn!!!

So if u happened to see a 1999 GTi , car registration number WHF 8341, please PM me or leave a message here.

Thanks

Scorceror

Known Member
Jul 12, 2004
Shit man,

Dude, I live in Taman Desa. WTF is happening. So sorry for your cousin bro man. Why didn't your cousin park inside the apartments?

Can you imagine that, the back of a pondok police, and these brainless dumbfuck heads have got the guts to steal a car. Shit man.

:ph34r:

Will keep a look out for the car.

mu24

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
My symphaty for your bro, will keep a look out for it too.

stupid retarded ppl tat cant find an honest living. ;)

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Thanks guys.

Scorceror, the thing was that his mother's apartment only has one parking lot. So when it's occupied, he parks outside.

I too used to live in Abadi Villa. I remember a friends of mine who told me of rampant car thef at the area there... specifically, the area behind the police pondok. I didn't believe him at first..because of the false sense of security from the police pondok...sigh

So beware when parking your car in that area near Abadi Villa.

Rekalo

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by Scorceror@Feb 7 2005, 10:05
Shit man,

Dude, I live in Taman Desa. WTF is happening. So sorry for your cousin bro man. Why didn't your cousin park inside the apartments?

Can you imagine that, the back of a pondok police, and these brainless dumbfuck heads have got the guts to steal a car. Shit man.

:ph34r:

Will keep a look out for the car.
Guys me 2 staying in Tmn Desa,

Now Taman Desa become AVOC redy, lots of cars was gone even Benz i heard but dont know which aprt?...Recently my car oso nearly become victom...around 9am my GIRL called and said a white color van was came and stoped beside my car and 4 ppl notice my RIM,rear disk n 1 man was looking my interior thro my door glass, so i asked her to give RM10 2 d guard n asked 2 tell him that she alredy called the cops for help, pitty d old man when i rushed from office in 1/2 hrs he was standing beside my car...then i waited for a while n went the same stupid pondok polis ther,no 1 ther, so i called brikfields balai n 2 maguyvers came...BUT NOTHING DOING...TALKING COCK ONI...Then i park my car inside the d apartment n SCREWED d management guy maximum, coz i notice almost more than 10 cars without stickers or any permission was inside d apartment...when d manager asked the guard BLUR... :angry:....what d hell man...paying magmt fees for nothing :angry: ...nowadays guard oso cant be believe 1 :angry: ...almost every week im hearing some expensive car sure gone1 in Tmn Desa :(

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by InitialD@Feb 7 2005, 00:05
1st time:
About a year ago, he parked it right opposite of his mother's apartment guardhouse. According to the guards, their view were obstructed when a van parked side by side with my cousin's GTi. When the van moved away, the GTi vanished into thin air just like a David Copperfield magic trick.

It seems that my cousin was a victim of a syndicate that goes around stealing the hatch lock of GTi and making a key from it. Then they replace it back hoping the owner didn't notice it was missing in the first place. Then they watch your daily routine. Then they find the right time to just walk up to your car and use the key make from the hatch lock to open the door and start the engine and drive your GTi away.

Thanks to a GTi club member who alerted me about the whereabouts of my cousin's GTi, the police managed to recover his car from the public car park opposite of PWTC. Unfortunately the interior and tyres and rims where all taken. Anyway, the insurance company refurbish it to brand new condition..even the trip meter was set to zero.

2nd time:
About a month ago, he parked his GTi in his mother's parking bay in her apartment. Then a few cars including his GTi were broken into and they stole his ICE. Somehow the guards weren't even aware of it until the next morning.

So I advice my cousin to get a 2 Way Alarm system. But since he was about to sell his car, he decided not to invest in any upgrades or modification to his car...sigh..

Then it happened on the 5th of Feb around 11pm to 12am. He parked his car by the road side just behind the Taman Desa Police pondok which is next to his mother's apartment which is the Abadi Villa apartments. Thinking he would leave it there for a while and it would be safe because it's just behind the police pondok. According to my cousin, he had locked his steering wheel with the latest steering lock which utilises pin code entry otherwise it will emit a high decibel alarm pitch.

Sigh... guess what.. it happened again. Damn!!!

So if u happened to see a 1999 GTi , car registration number WHF 8341, please PM me or leave a message here.

Thanks
Their method of stealing the car using the hatch lock and then duplicating a key is nothing new. It happened to me about 3 years back when I was working and staying in Melaka. One morning when I was going to work, I noticed that the lock for my boot was broken. I knew my boot lid was not opened by the thief as my alarm did not sound (I am using Viper, so it would tell me if the alarm sounded or not). When I was fiddling around to put back the hatch lock back in the original position, I realised that my key could not operate the hatch lock. I examined the hatch lock properly and realised that the lock tumblers were all wrong. Someone changed the my boot's hatchlock to another one. It was so weird, coz I was thinking why would someone do that. I didn't realise that a key can be duplicated from it then. But anyway, just to be safe, I hid my car's alarm reset button. After about 1 week, about 3-4am, my car alarm sounded and woke me up. I thought my sensor had gone harewire again. When i step out from my balcony, I saw someone coming out from my car and walking away to another car which sped off without headlights. Then it hit me, the thieves managed to duplicate my key and tried to steal my car. Luckily as they could not find the alarm reset button and saw me coming out, they gave up. It was a very close call for me, and after that I upgraded my alarm further and ever since have been very fanatical about the safety of my car.

junauto

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Thanks to a GTi club member who alerted me about the whereabouts of my cousin's GTi
How did he know?

psyk

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
gti club member.. how to be member? i wanan be member in the forum.. can ah? have to pay ah? mahal ahh..

gunter

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
InitialD.. Sorry to hear abt yr cousin's car.. I suffered the same fate and now after 4 months, still car less.. GTi also.. and I think I was also followed.. coz my car equiped with after market alarm.. still kena..

PhiKK

Jul 31, 2004
im not surprised at this... still ongoing gti theft bull****. Im an ex gti club member with 2 diff gtis stolen. 1st without aftermarket alarms. 2nd car with every damn thing available. still stolen. boo hoo.

but if i see the car u are referring to.. i'll be sure to inform you ppl here

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
actually its quite f@rked up one la this arseh0|3s.

i m a sgti owner oso and quite paranoid about my car, just the other day my gf's bro's car parked near tmn megah ming tien kena smashed the glass (passenger side) but they didnt manage to take anything cos her bro came back quite fast( as he only had a quick dinner) less than 20 mins...

so he was one of the few "lucky" ones laa..bugger still got to replace the friggin glass.

anyway pplz...it doenst matter which alarm system we are using, if they really want ur car, THEY WILL take your car...

another incident, car kena towed away...can u imagine the B@LLS they have.

so guyz just be wary of where we park la...let us make an effort to protect our things..

netken

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
HamuHamuChan
www.2advanced.com
Originally posted by trex92@Feb 26 2005, 14:12
Their method of stealing the car using the hatch lock and then duplicating a key is nothing new. It happened to me about 3 years back when I was working and staying in Melaka. One morning when I was going to work, I noticed that the lock for my boot was broken. I knew my boot lid was not opened by the thief as my alarm did not sound (I am using Viper, so it would tell me if the alarm sounded or not). When I was fiddling around to put back the hatch lock back in the original position, I realised that my key could not operate the hatch lock. I examined the hatch lock properly and realised that the lock tumblers were all wrong. Someone changed the my boot's hatchlock to another one. It was so weird, coz I was thinking why would someone do that. I didn't realise that a key can be duplicated from it then. But anyway, just to be safe, I hid my car's alarm reset button. After about 1 week, about 3-4am, my car alarm sounded and woke me up. I thought my sensor had gone harewire again. When i step out from my balcony, I saw someone coming out from my car and walking away to another car which sped off without headlights. Then it hit me, the thieves managed to duplicate my key and tried to steal my car. Luckily as they could not find the alarm reset button and saw me coming out, they gave up. It was a very close call for me, and after that I upgraded my alarm further and ever since have been very fanatical about the safety of my car.
[snapback]769507[/snapback]​
Trex,

what is the latest alarm combination you are using now? cos i want to upgrade my car alarm system too.. from your post u seem to have quite an experience in twarfting car thiefs... care to share ur system?

the car market here is so dilluted with all sorts of marketing gimmick uuntil we don't really know which alarm system is good anymore... cheerios..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If anyone of you are interested in getting one of the best rate for mortgage please do let me know . Because i have an outsource company which is tied up with 13 banks. So we can actually make a proposal for you to compare all the banks we have in Malaysia with financial information you provided. Is better doing in this way than to beat around the bush with dozens of random bankers from dozens of random bank . So just drop your contact/name and several important details so we can assist and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience