Proton electrical problem.

capyjohn

Feb 1, 2024
So ive had this check engine light on my dash for some time and it gave me a p0703 code. This code has been there for god knows how long. I have tested the brake switch and changed it but still no change. Until one day is magically went away after i adjusted the brake pedal.... Buttttt it came back in after a week with the same goddam code. I jst tried removing the battery and drain the electricals, left it for 15mins and the code is still there. Ive also checked the new brake switch and its working fine. Everyone of my brake light and fog lights are working and ive even added a relay to the brake switch for my brake lock. As i though that the brake lock is drawing too much current. I even removed the brake start that was added with the physical brake lock.

capyjohn

Feb 1, 2024
Does this unit have fault code delete function. Don't think removing battery will erase the code....
Yes it comes with a clear code function. I have tried it and it works and even had a mechanic use their one.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes it comes with a clear code function. I have tried it and it works and even had a mechanic use their one.
In that case since you can delete the code and it still appears, means the fault is still there. You need to repair the fault first.
Like my SUV the O2 sensor code appears once in a while, after clearing it, will appear again after one month sometimes longer. Had is changed once, but came back after a year or so, therefore I keep deleting the code for the time being....... :smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone can help me out here..i need the manual for blitz meter SJ model...i dont have the manual so cannot set the 180kmh cut off..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience