Putra Re-born

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
thanks you guys...

seriously i felt .. abit upset cuz i send the car already.. :(

its alright.. as you said... first lesson.. the next, i will definitely try to get to know someone who actually has a putra and could at least help me a bit to whom i should send my car to....

the mech said he change the timing belt set which are original parts from 'mitsubishi' and the engine oil.. he said is the 'good ones' so im not so sure.. as well as some other parts like the bearing mounting bla bla bla

:(( lesson learned...

and calvin,.. urm join TT?

and to all the brothers who helped me.. really appriciate it.. as refer to all of u.. it seems that the overall changes thats been done to my car basically really expensive.. but seriously... im taking this respectfully and i accept it.. as goes to the mechanic and the person who is incharge of the overall quotation, either its good or bad.. i'll leave it to the 'Above' to handle it.. Karma.....

anyways, we will see what happens tomorrow then.... :)

ps: Gong Lai gong hui? who that?? :)))

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

nope!!

am not scared to get my hands dirty!

anything for my ...UNICORN...

and i did pass my 'license' to hands dirty.. did tire change for a couple of times by myself.. urm.. tolak kereta turun bukit nak start engine.. urm.. and belek2 tengok engine.. lol

but soon i will learn from you'all.. i mean from this forum la.. :D
Gong lai gong hui means "at the end of the day" in Chinese...
Wad I was trying to say was

at the end of the day, he just wanna know miss Lola... lol... Well, happy moding girl... Enjoy the process... It's fun.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Lola,

you have good spirit and you are very positive ... :top:

usually we guys will be bitching by now saying "Farking mech overcharge my a$$,kaninia !!" hahahahha :rofl:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Lola,

you have good spirit and you are very positive ... :top:

usually we guys will be bitching by now saying "Farking mech overcharge my a$$,kaninia !!" hahahahha :rofl:
AGREED!!!!!!!!!
:adore::adore::adore::adore:

lola2574

Dec 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
olllaaa

am back with my car! yay! no sedih anymore..

ok well the mech actually change the whole timing belt set..

mmc timing belt 1
N0k timing oil seal 3 ----???
Timing bearing 2 (koyo perdana twin cam)
5pk 114x Fan belt
Q8 Engine oil
Engine Mounting (timing side)

oh and i tried to ask him to give me someting at least fits the price..
HKS Air Filter Mod..

well soo far... i drove from bandar sri damansara to PJ, well how to say.. i love the pick-up.. urm about the timing belt... how can i know and feel the difference.. ok when i was still using the old one.. i can feel that when the engine is running at 100km/h, its like this tiny bit of jerking.. so im not so sure it has to do with the timing belt... hmmmm help guys...

hmmm abot the air filter... the more air intake to the engine.. the higher the power rite? even to NA ones. rite?

but overall... i have to drive a dar or two to see the difference.. i hope.. its better..

and when i was there i was caught by the 2 skylines next to my car doing something to their engines... damn ... so distracted.. lol but yeah...

hope to hear from u guys about what u guys think....

ps: my allignment, and he said something about cam ? ? i cant remember... shoot...

but be right back at u... thankssssssssssssssss

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
olllaaa

am back with my car! yay! no sedih anymore..

ok well the mech actually change the whole timing belt set..

mmc timing belt 1
N0k timing oil seal 3 ----???
Timing bearing 2 (koyo perdana twin cam)
5pk 114x Fan belt
Q8 Engine oil
Engine Mounting (timing side)

oh and i tried to ask him to give me someting at least fits the price..
HKS Air Filter Mod..
well soo far... i drove from bandar sri damansara to PJ, well how to say.. i love the pick-up.. urm about the timing belt... how can i know and feel the difference.. ok when i was still using the old one.. i can feel that when the engine is running at 100km/h, its like this tiny bit of jerking.. so im not so sure it has to do with the timing belt... hmmmm help guys...

hmmm abot the air filter... the more air intake to the engine.. the higher the power rite? even to NA ones. rite?
More air goes through the filter = more air goes through ur MAF = more fuel also...
And HKS filter sounds good and produce more power. That's due to the filteration elements that is not too close.

And this will cause ur TB to dirty fast.

Check out the link of the test i posted few days ago.

When timing belt is old... normally noisy.
Difference between expensive n cheap is the material and durability. The tensile stress it can take. Example, gates belt.... for heavily moded machine...

MMC... nothing much. Just OEM parts.

but overall... i have to drive a dar or two to see the difference.. i hope.. its better..

and when i was there i was caught by the 2 skylines next to my car doing something to their engines... damn ... so distracted.. lol but yeah...

hope to hear from u guys about what u guys think....

ps: my allignment, and he said something about cam ? ? i cant remember... shoot...

but be right back at u... thankssssssssssssssss
Skylines..? I love skylines...

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Ur car doesnt jerk at 100kmh maybe due to the mounting i guess.. I might be wrong..
Air filter helps the engine to breathe easier, thus slight improvement on power.. If too much air, you could be running 'lean' that is lack of fuel in the air/fuel ratio but not to worry, u wont be getting into this prob with the air filter change..
The last bit, i think he meant the chamber..I better let the pros get into this..
p/s: i love skylines too! Hehe

Last edited:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
..and its stiff is REALLY STIFF...
i reckon my non-adjustable GAB is kinda stiff oso.
i hafta say bye-bye to the cd player & upgrade to USB mp3 player if wanna listen to radio/music.. :banghead:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Ur car doesnt jerk at 100kmh maybe due to the mounting i guess.. I might be wrong..
Air filter helps the engine to breathe easier, thus slight improvement on power.. If too much air, you could be running 'lean' that is lack of fuel in the air/fuel ratio but not to worry, u wont be getting into this prob with the air filter change..
The last bit, i think he meant the chamber..I better let the pros get into this..
p/s: i love skylines too! Hehe
running lean n cause premature detonation would be the least thing to worry if u're not increasing the compression ratio/advancing the ignition timing too much. Our Injectors are oversized. So, there are sufficient allowance for mild modification as long as u don't touch the stroker.

When iddle, we have have O2 sensor to auto correct the af ratio, when WOT, air fuel mapping runs on open loop. So what is there to be afraid of?

If 4age can runs on 4 open throttle with 3 intake valve each side, so why worry an open port? Hehe...

i reckon my non-adjustable GAB is kinda stiff oso.
i hafta say bye-bye to the cd player & upgrade to USB mp3 player if wanna listen to radio/music.. :banghead:
I stop supporting GAB 1 year ago due to the The Malaysia Boleh service of the Malaysian gab. It was a bad experience. And also the quality of the Malaysian GAB... If Japan GAB(not the red/white) from halfcut, yes. I agree they were among the best.

BTW, automotive does require sacrifice... I'm facing something worse. Due to the stiffness of my 180 Tein mod into satria, the USB also can cabut. Hehe....

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
speed...
dat should b wat u want huh??
coz its impossible for me to meet miss lola also la...
i'm in JB wei....heehee

anyway...
i guess u guys r getting too technical/advance wei....
sure she'll hav prob understanding.....

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Olaaa,

yes yes agree with bro calvin...a bit too technical...suddenly detonation all coming out..heheh...

the HKS filter green and round like a mushroom right? he gave for free ? good for you :top: at least he gave something ...hehehe.that filter is known for least air restriction.if that is the filter he gave you...that is known as an open pod filter.

Yes...more air = more petrol = more power.

about the car jerking at 100km/h can elaborate more ? several things can cause that jerk...did you change your spark plugs?

lolx...skyline...big boys toys....actually....Rich Man/Boys Toys.... :rofl: not really a fan of skyline...i just love their engine..but not the car... :rofl:

your Unicorn needs to get its alignment checked cause that day also you mention steering feels funny....

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
speed...
dat should b wat u want huh??
coz its impossible for me to meet miss lola also la...
i'm in JB wei....heehee

anyway...
i guess u guys r getting too technical/advance wei....
sure she'll hav prob understanding.....
Oooo cause earlier u mentioned abt tt first ma... Hehe...

Olaaa,

yes yes agree with bro calvin...a bit too technical...suddenly detonation all coming out..heheh...

the HKS filter green and round like a mushroom right? he gave for free ? good for you :top: at least he gave something ...hehehe.that filter is known for least air restriction.if that is the filter he gave you...that is known as an open pod filter.

Yes...more air = more petrol = more power.

about the car jerking at 100km/h can elaborate more ? several things can cause that jerk...did you change your spark plugs?

lolx...skyline...big boys toys....actually....Rich Man/Boys Toys.... :rofl: not really a fan of skyline...i just love their engine..but not the car... :rofl:

your Unicorn needs to get its alignment checked cause that day also you mention steering feels funny....
ok... Too technical... Sorry.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
running lean n cause premature detonation would be the least thing to worry if u're not increasing the compression ratio/advancing the ignition timing too much. Our Injectors are oversized. So, there are sufficient allowance for mild modification as long as u don't touch the stroker.
When iddle, we have have O2 sensor to auto correct the af ratio, when WOT, air fuel mapping runs on open loop. So what is there to be afraid of?
If 4age can runs on 4 open throttle with 3 intake valve each side, so why worry an open port? Hehe...
good for u, but my car no 02 censor.. Huhu old skool mah!
I agree, this thread becoming too technical, its just like sitting at a table, the girl ask a simple question, and the guys talking technical stuff.. Btw now i know, suspensions could affect the sound system.. Hehehe

lola2574

Dec 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hiii boysss!

wooo there... hang on a min... yup yup calvin! im trying my best here to understand the technical stuff lol

let me get a good shower.. and i'll come back at you'all with what i discovered today about my
sweet ride... ;))

and Mr.Speed2Horizon... OMG.. i feel like a little kancil trying to chase a mustang loll.. jokes.. but seriously thankxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
good for u, but my car no 02 censor.. Huhu old skool mah!
I agree, this thread becoming too technical, its just like sitting at a table, the girl ask a simple question, and the guys talking technical stuff.. Btw now i know, suspensions could affect the sound system.. Hehehe
I think ur oldskool ride would any time cost more than how much my car could sell x 2... Hehe...

hiii boysss!

wooo there... hang on a min... yup yup calvin! im trying my best here to understand the technical stuff lol

let me get a good shower.. and i'll come back at you'all with what i discovered today about my
sweet ride... ;))

and Mr.Speed2Horizon... OMG.. i feel like a little kancil trying to chase a mustang loll.. jokes.. but seriously thankxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
my apology again for the terms n content... For ur airfilter, this is the site I posted earlier if u missed it.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/
all the compared filter cost almost the same. But has different characteristic in terms of performance/filtration effect. Don't worry abt engine knocking. It'll be fine. Open pods sounds sweet. I'll vote for the apexi.

Problem with the HKS is, the air into the engine is just not clean enough. Thus affecting ur throttle to clog up with carbon. Just the matter of time.

Last edited:

lola2574

Dec 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
ok am backkk!!

hmmm premature detonation? woo... means it detonate with short period of time? ok but in that sentence.. i have no idea what u r talking about,.. :S... so sorryyy i wish i could understand it clearly...

but the basic is that putting and open pod filter will put in more air and more power.. and more fuel.. yup.. i can feel that with my car today...

but the problem now is that since my allignment of the car is totally .. herot.. my steering herot ke kiri... so for example when i shift to my first gear.. and the car is pretty pick up.. it kind of lost control.. the feeling is like... the car is fast.. but almost felt like flying and abit of lost control.. the causes... urm.. is it cuz im using a standard suspension? or the car is not lower enough? or my allignment has totally gone wrong..

the car was good.. i cant see the timing belt but so far.. it feels a bit different.. how to explain this.. feels more tighter.. ?

non adjustable GAB.. until your mp3 usb player cant work? cuz of the stiff vibrations? lol tercabut ker radio? hahahahahha or i got it wrong.. lol

and yeah.. the mech shops actually repairs skylines around 3-4 of them was there!!!, fairlady, evo 7, perdana turbo,wira turbo, kancil turbo, even kereta mini bikin utk drift, and theres this one wira which they modified the front cover of the car.. they have 2 hands with deck of cards coming out from the car top nose. Wat ta... hahahahha and it has dyno test thing.. (damn.. how come i didnt notice its going to be and expensive mech) but so far.. my car is good.. for now.. :)

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

all the compared filter cost almost the same. But has different characteristic in terms of performance/filtration effect. Don't worry abt engine knocking. It'll be fine. Open pods sounds sweet. I'll vote for the apexi.

Problem with the HKS is, the air into the engine is just not clean enough. Thus affecting ur throttle to clog up with carbon. Just the matter of time.[/QUOTE]

i told the mech wether he has apexi filters,... n he said that its better hks cuz u cn always change the filter? (the green sponge thing).. if i use apexi, thrs no way i can clean it n it will get dirty more. but since i got the hks for free, i just give it a try... once i get a proper apexi, then i'll put it in.. ;)

ps: better with pipping modification or leave the standard one n connect it directly from this one box.. i dont knnow wht its called... another black box right before the filter box...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Send my car to the carwash recently. I think the guy at the carwash accidentally turn on the wiper when the windshield is dry. Now, I'm left with one ugly looking wiper scratch on my windshield.

Anybody know where can I get it fix and how much is it?? :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience