Swap from NA 1.8 Putra Engine to EVO3

koreng

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Hi Sifus and fellow Brothers,

I need a solid advice from you guys, i have a friend who wants to swap his EVO 3 Turbo engine with mine. I own putra 1.8 standard engine.

So, whats the rate like on workmanship to replace gearbox and swapping engine?

Im new to this turbo thing, i think i'll be fun to try it out. What should i consider to look closely at a friend's engine. Should i overhauled it before everything?

Guys, thanks in advance for the inputs. .

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i'm no sifu especially in mitsu but i believe this is quite general. labour will vary from 1k-1.5k... and maybe more.

it would be wise then upon swapping, u do the necessary replacement of all the wear/tear parts such as timing belt(all the belts la), engine oil, gear box oil etc. (extra cost)

if u have the extra budget, overhauling it would be ideal, but alot of ppl dont do it cuz the price of overhauling can vary... depending on whats needed to be replaced...

koreng

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
RM 1 - 1.5K ? That expensive. hehe. .Okay thanks for the input.

What should i do next? should i go to JPJ and endorsed the engine or there is no need for me to do a thing? What is the cost like for engine endorsement?

thanks brother

carlmc

Known Member
Jun 5, 2008
Dont think JPJ would approve for 1.8 to 2.0 conversion nowdays...but If u do get to endorse it now pls tell me how..hehehe

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Dont think JPJ would approve for 1.8 to 2.0 conversion nowdays...but If u do get to endorse it now pls tell me how..hehehe
GOT $$$$ anything also can sadly i got no $$$ so cannot play with evo engines lah i mean legally lah :biggrin:
i know some people who pay runner like between 1-2k depending on car can lulus puspakom without ur car even leaving ur house :top: chun anot???

koreng

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Guys, do you know where can i send my car for swapping? reliable and reasonable workmanship. .My workshop quoted RM2000 for each car. .expensive?

koreng

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Back here in ampang, yes include wiring.

i heard the range is about RM 1000 - 1500 . . .TRUE?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

Need a little help here. I wanna change my car name from previous owner to my name. I understand that need to take the car to PUSPAKOM for inspection. My car is a satria 1.3 fully stock engine and performance all stock except body kits. Fully modified bodykits (hood, fender, front bumper, rear bumper, side skirt and spoiler ) also i change da car paint from metallic black to matte black. Do i need to change back all to stock bodykits before i go for the inspection?

Thank you so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience