Help. 4g15

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
is this waja crankshaft and pistons easily available bro? and do i need to change my management? or is the stock one should be enough for now?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro iszo, so got the pic already?

Btw can i simply use the 1.6 piston (korek abit) with stock ecu running it? alang2 since i open the engine head.
Aiya.. I forgot to take pictures. Basically the pulley looks like this (it has teeth at the 2nd cog)

The MMC one looks like this :

MMC doesn't have "gigi".

nk guna piston 1.6 4g92??? 75.5 nk korek smp 81mm?? msuk stroker kit waja 4g18 :)
81mm on the stock 4G15 block is too thin la. I don't think it'll work without heavy modification to the cylinder walls. The biggest I've seen that's safe is 77mm.

is this waja crankshaft and pistons easily available bro? and do i need to change my management? or is the stock one should be enough for now?
Waja crankshaft quite hard to find these days. New is is 2k+ and 2nd hand if you're lucky will be 800. Pistons can just use the BLM campro one 77mm but height is just nice. You'll need to rebore the cylinders and personally I think you should replace the cylinder lining. Keep your conrods.

The VDO is smart enough to adjust to accomodate the stroker upgrade. But if you want linear and probably more power, management will be needed. Either the Works EMS-1 (I ada satu for sale!) or the Unichip will work with VDO. If you have a bigger budget, Haltec/Motech/Adaptronic/etc all will work but most shops will ask you don't bother cuz you'll be using maybe just 10% of the standalones prowess.

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
Bro, seems like alot to do if rebore. Might just save my money to supercharge next time. Alang2 use ecu..

So far, ive managed to get the 421 extractor n 2.0" piping (just to prepare just in case...), camshaft n cam pulley, aluminium radiator (for the looks), diy cold air intake, bosch 4 spark plug, properly check everything...
Next is to source the crankpulley as mentioned by bro iszo...

N tbh ive spent well, below my expected budget (lets just say all these items equals to my ex yaris trd short shifter n pulley only, from japan of coz.) :biggrin:

With all these, can I expect any gain? Can play w stock vios? Aha I know for sure weight of satria n vios almost the same.

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
Bro, seems like alot to do if rebore. Might just save my money to supercharge next time. Alang2 use ecu..

So far, ive managed to get the 421 extractor n 2.0" piping (just to prepare just in case...), camshaft n cam pulley, aluminium radiator (for the looks), diy cold air intake, bosch 4 spark plug, properly check everything...
Next is to source the crankpulley as mentioned by bro iszo...

N tbh ive spent well, below my expected budget (lets just say all these items equals to my ex yaris trd short shifter n pulley only, from japan of coz.) :biggrin:

With all these, can I expect any gain? Can play w stock vios? Aha I know for sure weight of satria n vios almost the same.
the internals have to be strengthen as well if you plan to supercharge the engine in the future.

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
the internals have to be strengthen as well if you plan to supercharge the engine in the future.
Tq bro. but for now, i want to see the progress of the hp gain. if it can play with vios or those 1.5 engine, I am going to slow down for a bit and will continue next year for supercharging and maybe a standalone, or maybe i dont have to do it if i am satisfied with the gain so far

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Tq bro. but for now, i want to see the progress of the hp gain. if it can play with vios or those 1.5 engine, I am going to slow down for a bit and will continue next year for supercharging and maybe a standalone, or maybe i dont have to do it if i am satisfied with the gain so far
Bro, stroke + oversize pistons + cams, PNP, balanced and a 3-speed auto wira aeroback and keepup with a Vios easily. Only problem is top speed, 3-speed auto gear ratio not long enough. Too long and you lose pickup.

Imagine what a satria manual can do with a lighter body!

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
im poisoned :rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Bro, stroke + oversize pistons + cams, PNP, balanced and a 3-speed auto wira aeroback and keepup with a Vios easily. Only problem is top speed, 3-speed auto gear ratio not long enough. Too long and you lose pickup.

Imagine what a satria manual can do with a lighter body!
As for my plan now, i dont intend to use oversize pistons or crankshaft yet bro, not this year. I found 1.8 manual gearbox in Miri. Dont know whether it will fit or not, going to search/ lighten flywheel and get a good set of clutch kit. hope the ratio will be better in terms of the top speed issue or maybe RSM to open the rev cut and speed limit

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I want a 1.8 gearbox. My current 1.5 manual ratios are too short. But if I can find the budget, I wanna change the final gear ratio.

Btw, I think cost wise stroke/oversize/pnp/lighten/balance vs supercharge, I think price wise they are very similar. But the SC will give you bigger gains I think. But imagine if you had the stroke and all done before supercharging.

POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
I want a 1.8 gearbox. My current 1.5 manual ratios are too short. But if I can find the budget, I wanna change the final gear ratio.

Btw, I think cost wise stroke/oversize/pnp/lighten/balance vs supercharge, I think price wise they are very similar. But the SC will give you bigger gains I think. But imagine if you had the stroke and all done before supercharging.

POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Mind sharing what sort of pistons and crankshaft you recommend bro? those easy to get pistons? how bout Jasma crankshaft?

Bro i feel you there. hope you find your budget soon. Ive read somewhere in Zth before, modding is money, and money is not easy to get :banghead: thats why it took me months, wait.. years of savings, prioritizing other stuffs and save only bit by bit for my car. good thing is that ive driven the sluggish satria for years, and i hope i can feel the differences with these loads of stuffs and mods to come... will update it bit by bit here :biggrin:

Last edited:

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
Owh yea, and one more thing, i think i need a new speedo (probably wira SE's speedo) and some interior part such as gti gear console?

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

blh..piston n crankshaft 4g18...brand jasma pon ade...conrod asl 4g15
tq bro :)

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
jgn terburu2 mod ni...kne bijak MEMILIH :) happy modding... dh siap bg feedback.. lg best ade video hehe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Mind sharing what sort of pistons and crankshaft you recommend bro? those easy to get pistons? how bout Jasma crankshaft?

Bro i feel you there. hope you find your budget soon. Ive read somewhere in Zth before, modding is money, and money is not easy to get :banghead: thats why it took me months, wait.. years of savings, prioritizing other stuffs and save only bit by bit for my car. good thing is that ive driven the sluggish satria for years, and i hope i can feel the differences with these loads of stuffs and mods to come... will update it bit by bit here :biggrin:
Owh yea, and one more thing, i think i need a new speedo (probably wira SE's speedo) and some interior part such as gti gear console?
tq bro :)
Pistons are very easily purchased at spare parts shops. I was quoted RM160 for a set of 4 BLM pistons. Oh mah! Jasma crankshaft not the same as Waja 1.8. The stroke difference is about 0.7mm so Waja crank more powaaaaaaaaaaahh (actually more stroke la). All depends on what it is you want. Some say shorter stroke faster rpm buildup, some say longer stroke higher horsepower. I dunno. It's all up to your own research.

Interior no need to change la. As long as you're using stock ECU, your rev cut and speed cut will still be in effect, so you won't need different speedos. If you can get your hands on a mivec meter cluster, 11k rpm rev limit yo! But I'm not sure what sort of benefit it'll have on a car whose power band stops at probably 6k rpm.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Long stroke more capacity mah! sure higher horsepower, but as far as I know, long stroke better low end.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Drifting has traditionally been the domain of Japanese sports cars but lately the drift weapons of choice have been getting more and more varied, from American muscle to barge-like Contis.

Regardless, it was always the tipple of the grassroots auto enthusiasts. Now though, drifting has gone upscale, like supercars and the Monticello Motor Club kind of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience