• Toyota Altezza SXE10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
what about Mazda Rx8? ermm anyone?
* it will take sometime for me to digest all d info from the RE section hehehee...
RX-8 is already discussed many times over here. Rotary engines are thirsty and requires rebuilding after a certain interval of mileage. Around 40k kilometers for RX-8 if I am not mistaken.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Bro, Tezza forum only left you kah?
No lah... bro.... Most of us now on Altezza Club facebook page which is more active....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/74645600649/
u can get what you need there..... We update events, sell parts and general support...

Anybody can join....you dont need to own Altezza.
I do come here once in a while to update the FAQ....

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
No lah... bro.... Most of us now on Altezza Club facebook page which is more active....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/74645600649/
u can get what you need there..... We update events, sell parts and general support...

Anybody can join....you dont need to own Altezza.
I do come here once in a while to update the FAQ....
Join dy lo bro. I'm the one who posted the various Tezza kits. :D

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

RX-8 is already discussed many times over here. Rotary engines are thirsty and requires rebuilding after a certain interval of mileage. Around 40k kilometers for RX-8 if I am not mistaken.
Depends how u drive it. Saw some rarely drive, 3 months, kong jor.
Make sure to use the premix and eo for rotary.
I got sell. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
40-50k u can get 325i.. forget about 320i... if u opt for 320i, might as well go for Altezza. Btw, don't think Altezza's cheap to maintain or mod...

These are 2 very good cars. I'm surprised it came from a 17 year old boy like you. Kudos. But u must get a good mech to check out the rides u've shortlisted
I'm shocked! You didn't wet blanket his choice of cars? :biggrin:

Do you guys think both the cars will have lost a lot of power due to it's age? If the owners took care of it very carefully then it would be no problem right?

Dude, since no one else is going to be upfront, let me be brutally honest with you. Both of these cars are out of your league for now since you'll be working part time only. Let's talk realistically, at best you get RM20 per hour (at best!) and you work 20 hours a week (at best again). That's RM1600 a month at best without any deductions (EPF, Socso, food, etc).

A 40k car (2nd hand) will have about 3.3% interest rates, and assuming it'll be a 5 year loan, with your dad paying 10k downpayment (awesome dad btw), that means your loan will be 30k.

So calculations :

Interest for 5 years = (3.3% * 30,000) x 5 = RM4950
Car loan = RM4950 + RM30,000 = RM34950
Monthly instalment = RM582.50

That leaves you with RM1600 - RM582.50 = RM1017.50

So say your average travel distance per day is 50km, times 5 days is 250km per week. These cars aren't exactly fuel friendly cars but I'll give them benefit of the doubt and give you 10km/L and I'll just estimate they have 40L tanks. That's about RM74 a week (you won't leave it until empty to refill right?) meaning RM290 on average for fuel per week.

Meaning you'll be left with RM1017.50 - RM290 = RM727.50

If you take away food (average RM10 a day for lunch, skip BF) RM200 a week that leaves you with RM500 odd loose change.

That's barely enough to replace the battery for the beemer, much less the parts you'll need to replace with the age of those cars. Of course there's the exception where you buy a car from a brother who completely overhauled the car and fixed all outstanding things before selling to you. If yes - then great... but these are old cars. There'll always bound to be something he forgot to fix.

I'm not familiar with the BMW nor the Tezza, but the S60 Volvo I do know. There's these joints in the front suspension that make a helluva racket after some mileage (about 20k km odd) and need changing. Those joints are RM180 a piece without install. So that's RM360 gone leaving you with barely enough money to buy a girl a meal. I mean come on, you buy a car like this for two reasons :

1. They are awesome cars and you just wanna own a piece of awesomeness
2. You got a hot chick you wanna impress

And with the amount money left behind #2 is kinda hard. And breaking down in an awesome car with a hot chick in it is not awesome.

So if you're insisting on buy either one of these cars, I'm thinking the only solution is to have a higher downpayment or minimally 25k, then find that high paying part time job that I was talking about (RM20 an hour) will be another matter.

Dude, you're better off with a new car la. I personally hate the Myvi even though I own 2 so I would totally discourage you from buying it. If you wanna get a cheap car get the Persona LE, for RM40k+ you can get a new car. Or if you can top up your budget, the Preve LE, that one is turbo goodness with the manual option. Plenty to mod on both these cars but less gaya mutu keunggulan compared to the beemer and tezza. But less headaches since parts cheaper and less parts to fix.

My 2 cents. Don't mean to be a wet blanket.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Join dy lo bro. I'm the one who posted the various Tezza kits. :D

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Depends how u drive it. Saw some rarely drive, 3 months, kong jor.
Make sure to use the premix and eo for rotary.
I got sell. :biggrin:
Eh, studies ended already?

Dude, since no one else is going to be upfront, let me be brutally honest with you. Both of these cars are out of your league for now since you'll be working part time only. Let's talk realistically, at best you get RM20 per hour (at best!) and you work 20 hours a week (at best again). That's RM1600 a month at best without any deductions (EPF, Socso, food, etc).

A 40k car (2nd hand) will have about 3.3% interest rates, and assuming it'll be a 5 year loan, with your dad paying 10k downpayment (awesome dad btw), that means your loan will be 30k.

So calculations :

So say your average travel distance per day is 50km, times 5 days is 250km per week. These cars aren't exactly fuel friendly cars but I'll give them benefit of the doubt and give you 10km/L and I'll just estimate they have 40L tanks. That's about RM74 a week (you won't leave it until empty to refill right?) meaning RM290 on average for fuel per week.

If you take away food (average RM10 a day for lunch, skip BF) RM200 a week that leaves you with RM500 odd loose change.

That's barely enough to replace the battery for the beemer, much less the parts you'll need to replace with the age of those cars. Of course there's the exception where you buy a car from a brother who completely overhauled the car and fixed all outstanding things before selling to you. If yes - then great... but these are old cars. There'll always bound to be something he forgot to fix.

I'm not familiar with the BMW nor the Tezza, but the S60 Volvo I do know. There's these joints in the front suspension that make a helluva racket after some mileage (about 20k km odd) and need changing. Those joints are RM180 a piece without install. So that's RM360 gone leaving you with barely enough money to buy a girl a meal. I mean come on, you buy a car like this for two reasons :

And with the amount money left behind #2 is kinda hard. And breaking down in an awesome car with a hot chick in it is not awesome.

So if you're insisting on buy either one of these cars, I'm thinking the only solution is to have a higher downpayment or minimally 25k, then find that high paying part time job that I was talking about (RM20 an hour) will be another matter.

Dude, you're better off with a new car la. I personally hate the Myvi even though I own 2 so I would totally discourage you from buying it. If you wanna get a cheap car get the Persona LE, for RM40k+ you can get a new car. Or if you can top up your budget, the Preve LE, that one is turbo goodness with the manual option. Plenty to mod on both these cars but less gaya mutu keunggulan compared to the beemer and tezza. But less headaches since parts cheaper and less parts to fix.

You're giving this new guy a cold shoulder... But realistically speaking, you are right about all this. Maintenance of these cars is rather expensive for a 17 year old. Plus, you still haven't ruled out the possibly of money used for entertainment purposes as most teenagers won't just sit quietly at home 24/7 without going for an outing with friends.

BTW, why din't suggest cars like Wira, Satria or Putra. They can be quite fun to drive too and it's a good car to start with.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You're giving this new guy a cold shoulder... But realistically speaking, you are right about all this. Maintenance of these cars is rather expensive for a 17 year old. Plus, you still haven't ruled out the possibly of money used for entertainment purposes as most teenagers won't just sit quietly at home 24/7 without going for an outing with friends.

BTW, why din't suggest cars like Wira, Satria or Putra. They can be quite fun to drive too and it's a good car to start with.
Not cold shoulder. Just wet blanket. Big difference! Besides, I'm just being realistic so he doesn't make the same mistakes I did. If I had not messed around with ICE so much last time, I'd be able to afford a lot of nice cars now. Yes... ICE is bloody expensive. Oh but the sound is so bloody awesssssssommmmmmmme

Forget about entertainment. Who buys a BMW or Tezza just to admire at home? Sure will rev the shit outta it sometime. When that happens helloooooooo wear and tear and other scary stuff breaking down.

And good point - Wira and Putra. Fuuuuh.. especially Putra NA, clean and simple. Awesome base for mods

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

So calculations :

Fark, Im too outdated.

MANUAL MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stutututu (BOV).

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Eh, studies ended already?

Yeap. 2 months dy, happily graduated.
Too bad u in Ipoh. Gonna have an opening.
Wira can be quite fun but the looks too outdated dy. Sorry izso.
Your lembu still looks great tho. :biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
im a 320i owner as well but e90 model, anyways its true that beemers require extra attention & $$$.
its true that 320i is under powered compared to 323,325,328i, but for a slow driver like me I can adapt to it.

but if im in your shoes, single & rich parents id go for the altezza 6 speed manual.

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Just my 0.02 on both cars. I am comparing IS300 vs 328i. Very good choices.

Toyota/Lexus IS300. What can I can. Relaible. Not as expensive for parts & maintainence. Exterior design is nice all around. Interior is pleasing. Braking & power is sufficient.

BMW 328i. Reliable if it is maintained properly. As usual for European cars. Electrical gremlins. Vanos seal. Oil seals, etc. Exterior is as usual very well design. Interior is luxury & seats are firm but ergonomic. Braking is better than IS300. Power is great over the rpm, IS300 is lack on the low end.

Since you are working to pay for it and school. I would go for the IS instead. If you are full time working & can do some wrenching, then go for the BMW.

Either one, good luck & have fun.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Just my 0.02 on both cars. I am comparing IS300 vs 328i. Very good choices.

Toyota/Lexus IS300. What can I can. Relaible. Not as expensive for parts & maintainence. Exterior design is nice all around. Interior is pleasing. Braking & power is sufficient.

BMW 328i. Reliable if it is maintained properly. As usual for European cars. Electrical gremlins. Vanos seal. Oil seals, etc. Exterior is as usual very well design. Interior is luxury & seats are firm but ergonomic. Braking is better than IS300. Power is great over the rpm, IS300 is lack on the low end.

Since you are working to pay for it and school. I would go for the IS instead. If you are full time working & can do some wrenching, then go for the BMW.

Either one, good luck & have fun.
Good points, but is actually the 320i and not 328i

iejoi

Aug 7, 2010
Kluang Johor
im a 320i owner as well but e90 model, anyways its true that beemers require extra attention & $$$.
its true that 320i is under powered compared to 323,325,328i, but for a slow driver like me I can adapt to it.

but if im in your shoes, single & rich parents id go for the altezza 6 speed manual.
Now only i know Danz hehehee... slow driver? nope... i dont think so :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not cold shoulder. Just wet blanket. Big difference! Besides, I'm just being realistic so he doesn't make the same mistakes I did. If I had not messed around with ICE so much last time, I'd be able to afford a lot of nice cars now. Yes... ICE is bloody expensive. Oh but the sound is so bloody awesssssssommmmmmmme

Forget about entertainment. Who buys a BMW or Tezza just to admire at home? Sure will rev the shit outta it sometime. When that happens helloooooooo wear and tear and other scary stuff breaking down.

And good point - Wira and Putra. Fuuuuh.. especially Putra NA, clean and simple. Awesome base for mods
Din't know that you are that into ICE. I thought you are more towards performance.

About entertainment, surely TS will have some friends to hang out with. Like yum cha session, TT or even bringing friends out for a ride in the BMW or Altezza. All that requires $ as well. At the end of the day. TS probably cannot even have any savings at the end of the month.

If Wira, Satria and Putra, better recommend C99 chassis. Besides, I do remember you mention before over here that parts for Wira can be cheaper than parts for Perodua cars. One example you gave is the price of engine mounting if I am not mistaken.

Fark, Im too outdated.

MANUAL MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stutututu (BOV).

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Yeap. 2 months dy, happily graduated.
Too bad u in Ipoh. Gonna have an opening.
Wira can be quite fun but the looks too outdated dy. Sorry izso.
Your lembu still looks great tho. :biggrin:
Eh wait, manual Preve is only available in standard IAFM not CFE wor...

Nice, so fast graduate already. I still have years to go. Congrats for having a new job btw.

Wira is that outdated already? If so, then count it as old school car. :biggrin: Wira is fun, got various different modding pathway to take. Stay original and go for 4G1 series engine mod also can. 4G9 series can go NA in MIVEC or turbocharged in 4G93T or like some did, combine 4G92 MIVEC head with 4G93T. And there is still the 4G63T to play with but that is illegal now (still can do it by combining 4G67 with 4G63T parts).

E90 should be okay for you since you used to take care of 6A12TT before. :biggrin:

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
( parents pays for the deposit and id pay for the rest)
Altezza, banks don't loan anymore.. unless you're seeking Credit Company

BMW E46, loan still can be applied for 2004 models... if lucky with good papers can go for 2003 models aswell...

In my experience, i was seeking both of these cars one time... comparing quality build and drive feel, take a BMW, you will not turn back.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Good points, but is actually the 320i and not 328i
I think he is comparing to cars that are familiar to him that is similar to TS's suggestions.
I think US doesn't have the IS/RS200. Only AS200(2JZGE).

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Din't know that you are that into ICE. I thought you are more towards performance.

About entertainment, surely TS will have some friends to hang out with. Like yum cha session, TT or even bringing friends out for a ride in the BMW or Altezza. All that requires $ as well. At the end of the day. TS probably cannot even have any savings at the end of the month.

If Wira, Satria and Putra, better recommend C99 chassis. Besides, I do remember you mention before over here that parts for Wira can be cheaper than parts for Perodua cars. One example you gave is the price of engine mounting if I am not mistaken.

Eh wait, manual Preve is only available in standard IAFM not CFE wor...

Nice, so fast graduate already. I still have years to go. Congrats for having a new job btw.

Wira is that outdated already? If so, then count it as old school car. :biggrin: Wira is fun, got various different modding pathway to take. Stay original and go for 4G1 series engine mod also can. 4G9 series can go NA in MIVEC or turbocharged in 4G93T or like some did, combine 4G92 MIVEC head with 4G93T. And there is still the 4G63T to play with but that is illegal now (still can do it by combining 4G67 with 4G63T parts).

E90 should be okay for you since you used to take care of 6A12TT before. :biggrin:
Just got news from PaulTan!!!
Yippeee.
Proton six-speed manual to be paired with CFE engine - Lukman

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Mini name will be echoing in the rallying world once again after the iconic brand made a return to the World Rally Championship (WRC) with the debut of their Mini Countryman WRC at the Rally Sardinia last week.

Although the marquee, which has tied up with Prodrive for their rally team, will only be participating in some of the rounds of this year’s calendar as a refinement step before going for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience