Always TEXT to FAMILY, The No.Plate & Name of The Taxi Driver When Getting In One

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
This is a real case had happened to my mum few days ago.

It was lucky that my mum was quick in making the right decision and suspected something is not right.

Few days ago, my mum went to town, somewhere in KL for shopping. So, she told me that she was taking a cab to KTM Station. The taxi driver is a Malay Guy, love to listen to malay music on his radio. Have a few religion stuffs on his dashboards.

So, my mum was seated at the back. Suddenly, after awhile the taxi driver turn into a corner. It was not so busy area, and ask my mum:

Taxi Driver: You mau pergi KTM Station kan?
Mum: Ya.
Taxi Driver: You mari duduk depan
Mum: (Stunned for a moment)
Taxi Driver: You duduk depan, sebab belakang saya nak bagi kawan saya duduk. You okay kan?
Mum: (Look behind and saw Two Bangladesh guys.) No!
Taxi Driver: Jangan risau, mereka okay punya. Kawan saya.

My mum immediately open the door and ran. The taxi Driver got down as well and started cursing my mum in malay words.

Just want to keep everyone inform there are such cases still with Taxi Drivers. Only God knows what will happen to my mum if she was not quick in making the right decisions.

She could be rob or kidnapped for ransom or worse.

Just whether you are a guy or a girl, best to just text your family the number plate and driver's name and where you are heading in the taxi.

To keep someone inform about them. Best, pretend to make a call saying you are in XXX 0000 Taxi heading to somewhere.

So that, the taxi driver wouldnt dare to do anything knowing you informed someone. Better being paranoid than sorry.

Just thank god nothing happened to my mum. :adore:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry to hear this. Must have given your mom a real scare.
Before text make sure the taxi driver and the photo on the dashboard are the same. What if it is a stolen taxi?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Before text make sure the taxi driver and the photo on the dashboard are the same. What if it is a stolen taxi?
Yes that's right but then is hard to like see the name on the dash before getting in. Most of the time is more like Get in, tell where to go, and that's usually when I get to see the name and number plate on the dashboard.

I guess if not same, just ask to stop right in front instead.

Also sometimes these taxi drivers, they loan the taxi to people then the person who loan it, loan to another one. So, which is why sometimes we get different drivers which don't qualified as licensed taxi driver.

Heard of such cases.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Man, taxi in Malaysia is a total disgrace! When I came to KL the first time, it was a shock for me that it's that bad, simply unbelievable! That time I landed in KLIA, then took the train to KL Sentral. Then I took a taxi to a condo in Ampang. At first I notice how come the taxis all look so crappy and using such old cars. Then I was even more surprised that none of the taxi drivers there want to use the meter and instead I had to resort to haggling the price (cannot remember anymore how much but surely I was chopped that time). Then next small surprise was he did not even help me at all in loading my luggage to the trunk. Ok fine then as long as I can get to my place. Then once I arrived, again I unloaded my luggage myself and came another very unpleasant surprise, the bugger asked me for extra rm1 for having a luggage in the trunk! :mad: I was like WTF, he did not even help at all and yet dare to ask extra money! I was about to lash out at him but since it was already late night and I was new, I did not want to risk it. I complained a bit and gave him a bit of a stare but still paid him the bloody rm1 extra. Afterwards again more unpleasant surprises kept coming when I used taxis like refusing to take me to certain destinations, and then car pooling with other passangers when going from some train stations.

This is even more unbelievable that it is still not yet fixed in any way! It really paints a bad picture of Malaysia especially to newly arrived foreigners like myself that time. I cannot fathom why the govt especially the tourism ministry have not even improve this. Jakarta is much worse in almost every other aspect compared to KL but for taxi, Jakarta is like 10x better than KL! Taxi situation here in is like in Jakarta in the early 80s or earlier. With the price we pay now to use a taxi between KL & KLIA in a crappy old Proton, I could already book a late model C/E-Class Benz taxi picking me up exactly 15 mins ahead of schedule at my house to travel about the same distance and treated like proper guest by a very polite taxi driver in Jakarta!

Anyway, glad your mom escaped unharmed. IMHO if you can avoid using taxi here, then just avoid. I'd rather loose a bit more time by using RapidKL busses & trains than taxis.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
No Offense the whole world knows Malaysian taxis are the worst.. my arab frens from Oman also know the taxi drivers are lying on the price n stuff even they act like they do not know.

Thanked God nothing happen to ur mom... I know sometimes taxis do take more than 1 pessenger but since he said he bawa kwn. It is already fishie.

Since everything went up... crimes are rising...

btw u reminded me of one taxi driver. He used to tell me a lot of criminal activities including how to dispose a child's body (That time Sharlinie was kidnapped). Yes i know it is sick. About the religious part, it is a decoy (to say la it is safe but not). I forgot which criminal (book, fiction or real).. they thought he was religious but a serial murder. I know one was Jack the ripper.

The others i dont know bcoz i cannot recall.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
sometimes bro.. they all rent the taxi as part time job. my neighbor, the uncle drives taxi.
few different no plates he took home. possibility of stolen taxi is likely too.

btw.. dis is alim-alim kucing. appearances could be deceiving.
just gotta be extra vigilant nowadays. never let your guard down.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes that's right but then is hard to like see the name on the dash before getting in. Most of the time is more like Get in, tell where to go, and that's usually when I get to see the name and number plate on the dashboard.

I guess if not same, just ask to stop right in front instead.

Also sometimes these taxi drivers, they loan the taxi to people then the person who loan it, loan to another one. So, which is why sometimes we get different drivers which don't qualified as licensed taxi driver.

Heard of such cases.
looks like she may not be taking taxi alone anymore.....
Long ago I remember got one time took town taxi, half way he asked whether can let others tumpang the taxi. Straight away say no. Same could have happen like what your mother experience...

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Man, taxi in Malaysia is a total disgrace! When I came to KL the first time, it was a shock for me that it's that bad, simply unbelievable! That time I landed in KLIA, then took the train to KL Sentral. Then I took a taxi to a condo in Ampang. At first I notice how come the taxis all look so crappy and using such old cars. Then I was even more surprised that none of the taxi drivers there want to use the meter and instead I had to resort to haggling the price (cannot remember anymore how much but surely I was chopped that time). Then next small surprise was he did not even help me at all in loading my luggage to the trunk. Ok fine then as long as I can get to my place. Then once I arrived, again I unloaded my luggage myself and came another very unpleasant surprise, the bugger asked me for extra rm1 for having a luggage in the trunk! :mad: I was like WTF, he did not even help at all and yet dare to ask extra money! I was about to lash out at him but since it was already late night and I was new, I did not want to risk it. I complained a bit and gave him a bit of a stare but still paid him the bloody rm1 extra. Afterwards again more unpleasant surprises kept coming when I used taxis like refusing to take me to certain destinations, and then car pooling with other passangers when going from some train stations.

This is even more unbelievable that it is still not yet fixed in any way! It really paints a bad picture of Malaysia especially to newly arrived foreigners like myself that time. I cannot fathom why the govt especially the tourism ministry have not even improve this. Jakarta is much worse in almost every other aspect compared to KL but for taxi, Jakarta is like 10x better than KL! Taxi situation here in is like in Jakarta in the early 80s or earlier. With the price we pay now to use a taxi between KL & KLIA in a crappy old Proton, I could already book a late model C/E-Class Benz taxi picking me up exactly 15 mins ahead of schedule at my house to travel about the same distance and treated like proper guest by a very polite taxi driver in Jakarta!

Anyway, glad your mom escaped unharmed. IMHO if you can avoid using taxi here, then just avoid. I'd rather loose a bit more time by using RapidKL busses & trains than taxis.
I don't usually use the town taxis but I do take the airport taxi often as I usually travel to my company factory overseas, and so far they do load and unload baggage for us. I think the town taxis are not used to ferry passengers with luggage unlike airport passengers sure to have.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

sometimes bro.. they all rent the taxi as part time job. my neighbor, the uncle drives taxi.
few different no plates he took home. possibility of stolen taxi is likely too.

btw.. dis is alim-alim kucing. appearances could be deceiving.
just gotta be extra vigilant nowadays. never let your guard down.
Yah! brother, if rented the owner get reported....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro, your mom did the right thing, buy those pepper spray for her...not the cheap Tesco rm 10 ones but maybe rm40-50 ones that has more concentrated ingredient. when she does take the cab again always take the pic of the driver & get her pepper stray ready in her hands...if anything happens again. just spray the farker & run.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I don't usually use the town taxis but I do take the airport taxi often as I usually travel to my company factory overseas, and so far they do load and unload baggage for us. I think the town taxis are not used to ferry passengers with luggage unlike airport passengers sure to have.....
It's not about getting used to it, it's about providing good service with good attitude. Still KLIA/LCCT airport taxis also look very pathetic compared to taxis in Jakarta, doesn't matter airport or city ones.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It's not about getting used to it, it's about providing good service with good attitude. Still KLIA/LCCT airport taxis also look very pathetic compared to taxis in Jakarta, doesn't matter airport or city ones.
Haven't been to Jakarta but Bangkok ones just as bad or worse.....

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

bro, your mom did the right thing, buy those pepper spray for her...not the cheap Tesco rm 10 ones but maybe rm40-50 ones that has more concentrated ingredient. when she does take the cab again always take the pic of the driver & get her pepper stray ready in her hands...if anything happens again. just spray the farker & run.
She ran first because the other two was coming in from behind.....:burnout:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Ya, usually I don't take taxi anymore. Especially in KL, if around my housing area still okay. Just a short distance to KTM Stations and they use their meter usually.

Yes, agree with you that those taxi drivers are very rude and low educated. I remember I was quite young back then, I took a taxi from KTM Station and said I want to go to Kepong. (my home)

He was very rude, and things like that cant remember what he say. Only remember that since he so rude like some low scum, i ask him to stop at somewhere nearby my house but not directly.

He said "This is KEPONG MEH!!!?" I said "Yes, I'm not sure. Everyone call this place kepong."
Pay him and got off. Chinese guy. :mad:

Never take taxi from KL, all never use meter mia. Except the ones at Sungai Wang facing LOT 10.
But make sure they use meter, if not can get down.

Thanked God nothing happen to ur mom... I know sometimes taxis do take more than 1 pessenger but since he said he bawa kwn. It is already fishie.

Since everything went up... crimes are rising...
Ya, when she told me, it reminds me and her of a case where it is the same tactic used. I pick up my friends.

looks like she may not be taking taxi alone anymore.....
Long ago I remember got one time took town taxi, half way he asked whether can let others tumpang the taxi. Straight away say no. Same could have happen like what your mother experience...

I don't usually use the town taxis but I do take the airport taxi often as I usually travel to my company factory overseas, and so far they do load and unload baggage for us. I think the town taxis are not used to ferry passengers with luggage unlike airport passengers sure to have.

Yah! brother, if rented the owner get reported....
Is quite norm, especially at KTM stations, they will try to car pool passengers that heading to the same area together then charge like maybe RM3-RM5 per person. That way he earn more than using the meter and driving one passenger. That time Meter starting was RM2.

Thanks for reminding me, good thing to get my family members one. I will even get one for myself.
Just to spray those farker road bullies if they were to approach me. Is better than getting into
a fight with them. Spray, drive off and report police of a road bully. :biggrin:

Yes, one bad apple is enough to kill the rest of honest and working hard to earn a living taxi drivers. Giving taxi drivers a bad impression.

Found this video btw. Warn our loved ones.

American woman robbed and raped in Malaysia - YouTube

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
In Kazakhstan, at least in the city where I am staying, it is quite normal (yes, quite normal) to flag down any car like a taxi to take us to where we want. In other words, we can hitchhike safely (but need to pay the driver to the agreed fare).

Just stand by the side of the road, stick out your hand, pretty soon within 5 minutes, some car will stop ...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Saying he has a lot of religious stuffs, I think he's a bomoh or some sort.
Most bomohs are bs man. Rape people only. True ones IDK lah.

In Kazakhstan, at least in the city where I am staying, it is quite normal (yes, quite normal) to flag down any car like a taxi to take us to where we want. In other words, we can hitchhike safely (but need to pay the driver to the agreed fare).

Just stand by the side of the road, stick out your hand, pretty soon within 5 minutes, some car will stop ...
Eh, u in Kazakhstan?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haven't been to Jakarta but Bangkok ones just as bad or worse........
Jkt taxis are way much better bro, especially if you get the Bluebird group which is the biggest and best taxi company in Jkt. Their normal taxis are using Vios, all well maintained. Then they have their higher end fleet called Silverbird using Mercedes C/E class, and Nissan President. From my house to the Airport which is about 45-60mins drive will cost just around rm50 already using Silverbird that you can book at specific time to pick you up from your house, and they'll never be late, always arrive 15 mins before schedule. All their drivers always polite as well, no matter Silver or Bluebird level. Other taxi companies not as good but still much better than here as they all compete and have Bluebird as the yardstick.

Bangkok ones, yes rather bad too but I feel still just a tad better than Malaysia. At least they're using better cars like Altis.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<center><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_SPDXKyr9GU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_SPDXKyr9GU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></center>
Up till now, there has not been a test drive review of the 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX but recent unveiling provided the basic specs and new look of the sedan and hatchback...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience