:: Clutch pump always kong::

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
Hello all taikor and sifus,

Any advise for me coz I already changed 3 clutch pumps within 3 months (but luckily the mech didn't charge me for the 2nd and the 3rd time). My mech said it is due to semi-clutch pressure plate, is that true or it might be some other reason...?

Thank you. :(

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
experiencing same problem. also using semi race clutch set. but i ignore. top up fluid once every 3 days

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
obviously la it will kong , cause your standard pump seal is meant for standard clutch system . the heavy duty pressure plate , is about three times harder then your standard pressure plate , so u need to work the clutch padel & pump 3 times harder . it will give alot of stress to your pump seals and not to mention your fork / shaft . some people experience bent fork .

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
Hey thanks guys.

I think changing to a semi-race clutch is not a good idea though... Yes, more pickup and response but have to change the clutch pump quite often...wrong investment...thinking of put in the standard clutch already.

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Originally posted by cypress8@Mar 1 2005, 13:57
Hey thanks guys.

I think changing to a semi-race clutch is not a good idea though... Yes, more pickup and response but have to change the clutch pump quite often...wrong investment...thinking of put in the standard clutch already.
dude , get some reliable brand for the pump seal la , upper & lower piston seal , don't get those cheap cheap ones . lucas is not bad , RM 28 for the upper piston seal , and RM 16 for the lower piston seal .

make sure before installing it , ask your mech to put some rubber grease in the cylinder , it will last longer that way .

picture of my 1st & 2nd set of piston seals k.o in in between in widthin 1 year 8 months . now im using my 3rd set :lol: . and im runing on stock clutch

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
Thanks Vestax! Yup will definately talk to my mech about this :D

For the Lucas seal, where can I get those seals? Are they available in the sparepart shop?

Once again, thakns for your help, you're the man!

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
sure can get in any spare part shop , don't really take my words that lucas is good , there might be some other better brand , just ask around & make sure you don't buy those local made seals , cause local made rubber quality really out like hell la . same goes for mountings , drive shaft rubber boots , local made one does not last at all . get those made in japan ones you`ll be fine .

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
I am using Triniti Friction Disc ( clutch disc ) with stock clutch cover. So I get sports clutch grip but maintain stock pedal feel/pressure.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Originally posted by vestax@Mar 1 2005, 12:49
obviously la it will kong , cause your standard pump seal is meant for standard clutch system . the heavy duty pressure plate , is about three times harder then your standard pressure plate , so u need to work the clutch padel & pump 3 times harder . it will give alot of stress to your pump seals and not to mention your fork / shaft . some people experience bent fork .
oi.. patutla ves... i change to semi-racing clutch also but the trouble getting stuck at the red lights and need to push the car aside is a "malu" thing... hahaha.. coz gear cannot masuk already due to leaking clutch pump seals.... i kena both upper and lower seals b4... bitten once twice shy... hahahahaha