Why SENSORS (TPS/MAP) always got problem?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Guys,

Need your opinion.

WHAT makes SENSORS go bad ?

Myself and some of you guys as well, seem to be facing this constantly.

I'm referring to our car's MAP & TPS sensors.

some of you know, In the past 1/2 year, I changed 3 TPS sensors, because they keep mati :banghead: tps failure causes the car to jerk due to incorrect reading of throttle %.

and 2 months ago, I changed my MAP sensor due to intermitten incorrect readings , and now, it's starting to fail again, causing the car to choke.

In your opinion, why do my sensors keep "kong" ? :bawling:

I'm running RBC intake manifold and BDL 70mm throttle body.

is it water kena sensor?
is it the throttle body problem?
is it wiring / harness issues?

Opinions appreciated guys ! :wavey:

Last edited:

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
Tim I believe the main reason would be the modification done to our rides. Vented hood, RRC/RBC, poor mounting can cause the TPS to fail. In many case, the more mod done the less reliable the car goes. Although all modification isnt extreme but just simple bolt on, problems just keep coming. :stupid:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
yes ............ i agree ..... the more mods, the less reliable.

but why do other people with the same mods as me have such healthy sensors ??? :rofl:

ok , say less reliable.

but MAP sensor rosak in 2 months is ridiculous :banghead:

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
yes ............ i agree ..... the more mods, the less reliable.

but why do other people with the same mods as me have such healthy sensors ??? :rofl:

ok , say less reliable.

but MAP sensor rosak in 2 months is ridiculous :banghead:
there are many others who are going through the same thingy...just they dont say...:stupid:

btw i dun any prob with map sensor or i just don't know!!!1:rofl::rofl:

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
hehe...your bornet got a big big cool air intake..also the water cool ...true the tps senser n maybe u r rep..but the last u change the sensor u didnt clean it nicely maybe got fungus inside the socket ..n the votz cant go true ..to be the senser kong...haha.just my 2cen...if wrong don taruk me ah..hahah.........cheers

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
I thought i had some problems with it yesterday, some issues with idling.
But today the problem hilang already.
Idling is back to normal.

I suspect its due to me switching fuel from ron 95 to v-power.
Now that i think back, it started just as i left the petrol station.
Maybe ron 95 and 97 fuel concoction in my fuel like temporarily disrupted my idling.

Hope it doesn't come back.

My car is stock standard by the way, so your theory of modification = more unreliable sensors doesn't apply to me

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
hehe...your bornet got a big big cool air intake..also the water cool ...true the tps senser n maybe u r rep..but the last u change the sensor u didnt clean it nicely maybe got fungus inside the socket ..n the votz cant go true ..to be the senser kong...haha.just my 2cen...if wrong don taruk me ah..hahah.........cheers

good advice bro !

but one thing i've learnt is, MAP sensor shouldnt use air-gun to clean ............. that will destroy all pressure sensitivity :rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

there are many others who are going through the same thingy...just they dont say...:stupid:

btw i dun any prob with map sensor or i just don't know!!!1:rofl::rofl:

bro, trust me , if MAP sensor got problem, you'll feel it one! :bawling:

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Maybe ron 95 and 97 fuel concoction in my fuel like temporarily disrupted my idling.

My car is stock standard by the way, so your theory of modification = more unreliable sensors doesn't apply to me

again , you keep saying your car is stock standard :rofl:

liar liar pants on fire!!!

as far as I know , a few of us guys have been having issues with the tps sensors.

I wish there was more R&D done on this topic .......... :banghead:

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007

tambah octane booster bro.....:burnout::burnout::burnout:

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

tim..
u can get from spare part shop for the cleaner for elect .....someting like tinner..or mentehol..spray only......

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
TIM i think its your vented hood problem made your TPS&MAP sensor gone fast
for me so far was ok i drove it about 60k miles after rebuilt i only have TPS failure 1 time
and the TPS don't know how old before its put it in my car

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
for me so far was ok i drove it about 60k miles after rebuilt i only have TPS failure 1 time
b'coz you the great dcloo....built and use the car yourself...:driver::driver:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007

I think you could be right . but I wrapped my whole top-part of the throttle body with Tayar Tube , to prevent water from touching any of the sensors.

i'll take a picture and post it up later.

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
hehe;;TIM the bornet got hole mean water can go inside your engine...n when u move or start your car......engine hot..than water go in..will be got STIM...wap...i donno how to spell..la..haha
even u wrap with the tude...still got the heat n stim go in true your senser n engine..........check all the cornecter...n service it...will be fine..

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
water confirm..........do a cover to divert water from rain and also car wash.........tried, tested ...no more issues....also when TPS spoil, please change to new one, not 2nd hand. I have one spare if anyone wants. :) take care

steviedevil

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
I've one problem here... after changing to RBC, and then tuning, my check engine light appear once a while and even after tuning my RPM is not stable which is running 1300-1400 at times, then I went to tune back again to 1000 rpm, but then after one day it will return back to 1300 rpm.

Anyone knows what is happening here? Is the TPS sensor rosak or I have to correct the degree of throttle same as my ECU, this is what told by my mechanic to me. Hm... need some solutions and who can i refer to??? DCLOO you can help on this??

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
I've one problem here... after changing to RBC, and then tuning, my check engine light appear once a while and even after tuning my RPM is not stable which is running 1300-1400 at times, then I went to tune back again to 1000 rpm, but then after one day it will return back to 1300 rpm.

Anyone knows what is happening here? Is the TPS sensor rosak or I have to correct the degree of throttle same as my ECU, this is what told by my mechanic to me. Hm... need some solutions and who can i refer to??? DCLOO you can help on this??
what ecu you use it and what TB

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007

I'm facing same issue now.
high idling , but every time I reset the ECU (by unplugging the battery, or the ECU fuse), it goes back to normal idling. but after a while , sometimes a few hours, sometimes 1 day, after driving, it goes back to idling quite high, 1400 to 1500 rpm with aircon off.

I'm running a Hondata with a BDL 70mm TB.

hahf

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
KL
same with everyone using big TB
my idling some time 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 lol

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
same with everyone using big TB
my idling some time 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 lol

but i was running my Big TB for 1 1/2 years already lor ......... now only got this kind of problem :banghead:

so sad .................

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
after sometime your guy using a big th body..your need to doing service...my advise is go to the spare part shop buy a cubrater cleaner...like a can with alcohol or what..keke..just spray it directly to your senser n th body....cos lot of time the dust going inside n after long time the senser cant detect..so idle will be not so staber....n maybe your guy need a clean filter like K&n...can service n reusesable...............lot filter is make high hp..but not so good for filter dust...cheers.............

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mr. Solarturbine....is there anything wrong with you, your hand or your head?

WTF!!, are you doing keep simply disliking other people's post even disliking the forum R&R. You just do for fun or what? Yup, you've got my attention and You're not gonna like it. I've seen your way of replying to other people's posting and its really childish and F**king stupid to me....If you are having erectile problem then I advice you better don't come in here, if you are a wannabe super negative...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience