Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Handbrake light always light up

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

muskasim

Known Member
My car handbrake light always on and after drive awhile it gone itself. Beside warning light for the handbrake, what else??

My car was a Wira converted to 4G93T wif mitsubishi meter panel.

Last edited:
its also a sign for low brake fluid level. just top up if fluid level is low. check for leaks by feeling the brake pipes/hoses. if sport rims wet on the inside, also sign for brake system leaking.
when brake fluid is low, its a sign that brake pads are worn out or so thin.

if after top up, light still on try clean the sensor inside the reservoir tank. good luck!

btw, this is the best time to get the whole system bled, or upgrade to better brake fluid. eg from DOT3 to DOT4.

had this problem that day too
filled up brake fluid, and fixed it all
lights went away

originally only when i do heavy braking, the later on, constantly on

i have this problem last time, the handbrake light on even i nvr pull up the handbrake...and then after some driving it will go off. and after few weeks continuous like that, my rear drum brake jam while i am driving. so i think mayb is some problem with the rear brake...mayb it can release after u press the brake...so it give the handbrake on signal. so better check it.

if the warning light pop up suddenly..most probably is ur brake fluid not enuf...check it.....

should be no big deal....or the brake fluid socket at brake pump there 'tercabut'.....

brader....check for da resevor cap....maybe da cap rubber seal inside pop out....push in da rubber n close da cap.

if kenot....look inside da resevor....got a white color hook like thing....try shake it a lil...maybe da brakefluid sensor sangkut a bit

Cheong Mou Kei 4G9XT said:
brader....check for da resevor cap....maybe da cap rubber seal inside pop out....push in da rubber n close da cap.

if kenot....look inside da resevor....got a white color hook like thing....try shake it a lil...maybe da brakefluid sensor sangkut a bit

yeahh..it's the rubber (black) of the cap pop out...

last time i ran too low on brake fluid...sometimes when press brake the car feels like it wont stop...still going straight...checked and found out that the rear drumb pump is jammed and leaking fluid....scary shit...

Top Bottom