What Can I DO With My OLd KancIL EX660 ?? SOmeone PleAse TeLL Me??

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
gohkokeng said:
hahahaha u very the fucking shit one........
me just boring that day.. zzz headache also..

anyway.. serious, as in what i would probably do to my kancil if i ever had one (seriously would like one for normal driving nowadays.. sigh~)

performance: L2 turbo swap. I've no knowledge in k-car modification, but from what i heard i bet that engine will give you twice the power of your stock kancil, so.. its like what more can you ask?

modification: mostly just make your car handles abit better. the kancil is a small car, and you are about to put in an engine twice the original power, it would be suicidal without any handling upgrade. semi bucket would be nice too. If you can make do without all the meters and gauges, then do without them. waste of money if you just want a car to drive, beside a boost meter to make sure there's no boost leak or anything.

beautification: give it a nice paint job, and some mild bodykits would be nice. You don't want to overdo it cuz with that pish pish sound and overly kitted body, you'll be a police magnet.

extra tip: sleeper rulez!!!

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
kokeng : why are u so keen on encouraging him to sell his car??he's a student...if ur gonna pay for his new car every month then he'll surely be very glad..kancil not good enuf??

L2 gives 64hp. the stock kancil engine churns out about 26hp(not exact but 20++)
get a half cut.comes wit ventilated brakes.

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
waiting for wat oh bro.. if u haf de budget there, masuk MIRA L200 turbo liaw beneath the hood.. cheers! :regular_smile:

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Hello bro, as a student, RM2000 is very precious.

What will i do with RM2000 on a kancil is;

I'll let it be what it is first and not rushing to do anything.

1) The interior is important to me. Interior enhance the driving experience and mood. Make sure no tear. All in good shape. Colour up with some cheap colour carpets RM10 = 2 pieces at JUSCO. Meters working. Warp seat with nice covers. Clean interior is my first priority.

RM200 for materials + DIY for the interior

2) The engine, make sure no leakage, good condition and i don't even bother about the performance as i am still a student. The fuel consumption must be normal for a kancil and do a service check. Don't transplant to L2 yet. You will be out of budget and sell off your underwear for money? Timing belt, belts, mechanical parts in the engine, alternators, compressor, brakes, and a lot more.

RM600 for the engine maintanence.

3) Exterior wise, i'll go patch up every hole and dents. Change brackets and linings, rubbers and etc to new ones. Make sure all lights are working. I'll go for those normal kancil skirtings ( extras ). Finally, a layer of new paint.

RM800 for solid painting + RM100 exterior touch ups + DIY

4) I still have RM300 and i am not going to spend on extra stuff yet. Check whether the absorber is in good condition. Bushes are important too. There are many more mechanical parts. Exhaust may crack and leaking. Make sure tyres and not botak. If have extra money also i will get those cheap cheap jrd heavy rims but this is considered extra stuff liao.

Just plan properly bro. Don't simply spend just on the engine itself. Balanced it while you are still a student. I am a student also. Hahah!

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i also student driving kancil with limited budget.

wat i do is make sure the condition of the car is good. do a service, full checkup first. u may need RM100 to maybe RM2k for a whole checkup include repair fees if ur car got some serious problem like aircond, gearbox or engine and chasis.

after u do that, if u got extra money, now is the time to decide which way u wan to go. whether interior or exterior. i choosed interior although my exterior suck

wat i do is i change all my interior parts because i believe i m the 1 who drive this car. and i should enjoy the driving. not for looking. i had spent over 4k for the interior and ice system. now my interior is great but my exterior is suck.. imagine a 8 years old stock paint still on my car..+ white color somemore....

if u choose interior, make sure it is comfortable for everything...get something useful..dun get those bulu bulu decoration thingy...it sucks...to me..
i change the dashboard to new kancil1..the round light kancil..and it look damn good in my car. but before u change the dashboard, i suggest u change the seat first..kancil seat is totally suck no matter it;s 660 or 850...get a L2 seat at about 400 is good enuff...if u not into racing, dun get a bucket seat,,u will suffer from it for the comfortable and usabilities.

erm, did i say ice just now? maybe u can start to change to a nicer ice system if u are not satisfy with current 1....do it withing ur budget..but i do sometime overbudget but still get it...haha..dun ask me how i do it..

if u got any prob, can find me...i can share my knowledge in kancil with u...good day

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
anyone know any website explain about all these daihatsu cars and models and engine specs? i've been looking but not much info found (i'm lazy to visit page 2 of google)

wildseven

Jan 23, 2006
Hmmm thaNks Bro !!!

I know dats rm 2k is not enuf to completely change my old KanciL into DaiHatsu Mira, but i think i'll start it slowly.... wuts bro Ken n HowieChoo suggest make sense... !!!

Interior first and make sure da performance of my KanCil is okie !! But i still wanna have dats cool L2 enginee!!!

RM200 for materials + DIY for the interior

RM600 for the engine maintanence

RM800 for solid painting + RM100 exterior touch ups + DIY

Total up = rm 1.7k / still have rm 300 more.

HOw muCh da CosT of L2 engiNe + L2 engIne ReQuirEmenT at Half-Cut ????
Iz it morE tHan rm 1k ???

huhuhuh... i thiNK i Need to Find A PArt Time Job to SaVE up soME mOney !!!
hu hu hu.... soUnds LikE TaKUMI InItIal D ?? hAhahhaha !!!

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Me noobie and newbie also bro. It's just that i am sharing my student experience where money don't come easily. The cost of L2 engine would be around RM2800 including installation and basic maintenance parts required.

Kancil is a good car to start with. Next time you use the car to work and get a monster to guard your house.

wildseven

Jan 23, 2006
oooooOOOOOooooooo !!!!!

okie !! i will read all da post then !!!

SO now .... !!!! i wanna know where can i get Them ?? HalF Cut ??? Where?? Address ??? LOcatioN ???

ANy tiPs on Buying the Half- CUt engines, hows the condition ?? Wut SHoulD i Pay attEntion at ??? the piPing?? da Engine Cover ??

Huhuhu.... i'm so lucky by join this forum !!!! do all of u a member of anY Clubs ???

abu-7h

Known Member
Mar 15, 2006
i did my kancil about Rm1900..

- half cut about rm1400 L2s ( engine, disc brake, dashboard, fuel tank)... no body part
- installation Rm500

pretty cheap i suppose... :)

abu-7h

Known Member
Mar 15, 2006
i bought the half cut at mun lee... then the installation at shah alam.. next to power zone... a special place just for k car... (dt tuner auto services) or my friend can do it with the same price. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have the folowing problem. I have bouth the alarm a cupple jears ago.(4jears) at a dealer in holland. it was installed in a old corsa.(wife's car) when the car went to the junkjard i removed the alarm.
In this time i moved to a diverend house. so the original box and munual where trown away by my wife!:banghead:

I whent back to the dealer for a new manual so i could install it in my own car. unfurtuntly the dealer dousn't exist anymore.:mad:

I tride to find the manufacter of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience