What is meant by sambung bayar??

Aug 15, 2020
Hi, I'm sorry to ask what is this meant in car payment or loaning thing. I'm new to all the document things in car since I'm just a teenager, but i wanted to know what is meant by sambung bayar...and i know it holds a lot of risk to do this and is bad..:itsme:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To what I know, is that you continue paying the car installments but car still registered to previous owner. Why would you want to do that....

Lwen

Aug 15, 2020
To what I know, is that you continue paying the car installments but car still registered to previous owner. Why would you want to do that....
Ohhhhh thank you, thank you. No i wouldn't do that, i asked because of some of Malaysian car youtuber mentioned about 'sambung bayar' :itsme:

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Hi, I'm sorry to ask what is this meant in car payment or loaning thing. I'm new to all the document things in car since I'm just a teenager, but i wanted to know what is meant by sambung bayar...and i know it holds a lot of risk to do this and is bad..:itsme:
Basically, you serve other's people car loan. End of the day the car is not yours.

The only positive for you will be saman not under your name. LoL...

Reactions: Lwen

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Basically, you serve other's people car loan. End of the day the car is not yours.

The only positive for you will be saman not under your name. LoL...
haha, but in the end, the car belongs to the registered owner........lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Just like others explained, u are taking over payment of others. Vehicle is not yours.
Any other agreement/'surat mati stem' are not valid as only the original loan document between the lending bank/financial institution and the original borrower is valid.

Why sambung bayar exist due to demand....Demand from people whom cant afford down payment, black listed, etc.
Where does this vehicle comes from?
It comes from people whom could no longer serve their loan repayment, people cant cover their loan if they sell their car, and worst is used car dealers.

The vehicle is legit.....the process is not. When shit happens, it really stinks.

Oh, not just cars but bikes oso got sambung bayar.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This is basically an illegal scheme because of people who actually cannot afford their cars yet forcing themselves to buy for whatever reason. From a seller perspective is because they bought cars that they cannot serve loans anymore hence forced to try find someone who can continue it. Then from buyer, unfortunately again got people who actually cannot afford such cars yet still stubborn to buy and trying to get it using thus scheme.

Risks are present in both sides
1. On seller, car is taken but buyer runs away with it and not ontinue to serve the loan, hence legally the bank will still chase the seller. Seller's consolation are that legal title and the down payment.

2. On buyer, if continue serving the loan, there's that the seller in the end does not transfer the title for whatever reason, or the seller dies for example. Seller also might do a scheme as if the car is stolen.

So in summary, just don't do it! If want to buy a car, buy what you can really afford, try not to take too long loans.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ohhhhh thank you, thank you. No i wouldn't do that, i asked because of some of Malaysian car youtuber mentioned about 'sambung bayar' :itsme:
One more thing apart from what everyone here has mentioned : Some sambung bayar sellers will promise a letter between buyer and seller stating that upon completion of loan term the car will be transferred to you etc. Even with a legal lawyer stamp - this document will not hold up in court if the seller decides to screw you over. Ultimately you'll lose out if the seller is a bastard, however the same is true if you wanna screw the seller over with a dozen speeding tickets and all that.

Reactions: minibeany and 6UE5t

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
now we have car rental service. i think this will be better than sambung bayar. although mahal tapi tak payah susah tak ada kereta masa rosak/ service. you get a replacement

Reactions: Tom and Izso

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You pay for my car, you get to use my car. End of the day, it is still my car UNLESS I honour the deal and transfer the name to you.

In summary, you put your balls in my hands and hope I don't crush them.

• Haha
Reactions: 6UE5t

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You pay for my car, you get to use my car. End of the day, it is still my car UNLESS I honour the deal and transfer the name to you.

In summary, you put your balls in my hands and hope I don't crush them.
yeah but I go rob a bank in your car, I speed 200kmh in every AES in m'sia and I abandon the car in KL - it'll be you who'll get arrested........

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
yeah but I go rob a bank in your car, I speed 200kmh in every AES in m'sia and I abandon the car in KL - it'll be you who'll get arrested........
But u can easily said your car is stolen?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
But u can easily said your car is stolen?
@Izso this
As for saman, bear in mind upfront you would have paid me a lump sum deposit. And because I'm smart, I would have installed a hidden GPS tracker in the car. I can "repossess" the car anytime I want.

I would also have your identification. I can just say you borrowed my car and I loaned it to you from the goodness of my heart. And prove that I was somewhere else.

Hassle, sure, but remember you're at the losing end. Cause I already took your deposit upfront, and if the car is total lost I get paid by the insurance company, not you.

EDIT: My mother always say, be the person holding the cash.

I improve on that, be the person holding the cash, not the car keys.

Reactions: minibeany

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can this shine anymore?
Hello friends! :itsme:

I was back from KL, meeting KC. I had to start my first detail after the trip.

This was my baby, a 2004 Honda Civic V-tec. (Not anymore! She’s someone else’s now. But I still love her.)
Obviously, being a house member, she expected more attention from me. So, I couldn't choose any other ride. I remember KC saying take care of the family first!

(I’ve lost a lot of pictures of her due to a data transfer gone wrong. What’s remaining...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience