this is what my mech told me this morning.

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Okay, this morning i wake up i just realise that my civic hatch, which is already 17 years old next year counted.
there is a small part of bubble( karat i think) starting to popped out, and i know that it will infect the others. so i call my mech la.. so he tell me, "to be honest la, i also told u already, if the body old liao, rust sure will appear.. den will got hole come out if more worst. if wan to fix leh, u grind it out, cover with wad... den wad... den spray... who knows, mayb half year one year will come back out leh..."
here is my question, i really cant cure the core? its just a small part, i wanna heal it before its too late, the part which is "rusted" is like 20 sen size onli..
is my mech true wad he said?

then how come those old school cars, classis cars even my grandmother generations car still look like 2010 brand new i see sometimes?

any pro sifu can lead me for this? thx, if theres a way to solve it, please help me out, im sure theres alot of ef mayb eg encountered this problem before..

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
try to go to another mechanic shop listen what they say. I believe there is a cure for this, otherwise all the cars above 10 years old can become scrap metal.

sicilian_defense

Feb 23, 2009
I just feel that they cant afford to give wARRANty also. buy car mag (motortrader or something) I think I remember seeing a full page ad of some shop.. they offer warranty, and "seeM" very very experience in bodyworks.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Bro, although now only got small part rusted, but actually there should be quite a serious problem underneath those looked good part... Msia culture is we only want to spend a bit but get a lot in return.
If your mech only charge you few hundred bucks to take care the only rusted part then after few months other part also rusted would you angry?? The only solution is strip the car, respray anti-rust and paint and etc then only can be restored 100% but it would incurred few thousand bucks and i believe most of the customer will just :" HUH?? SIKIT SIKIT JA PUN MAHAL GILA??
If you willing to pay decent amount for a nice work then can communicate with your mech lah, normally they will gurantee for few yrs at least...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
usually it will come out after few months coz our weather is humid.....rust will reappear again.
best way is to change the hatch....get it from chop shop....treat it with anti-rust coating before spray paint it...then sure it will last u some time...

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hmm, so u guys mean the best is to respray the whole body and anti rust and few layers of painting would last for few years huh?
how much would cost me for a whole car, im driving civic eg hatch

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Price very much depends on quality of work and paint, can be as cheap as 1k (my car:biggrin:) and up to 5/6k...

G-loon

Aug 21, 2008
Penang
hmm..normally the price of spray whole car (not included interior) will be RM1.6k..

anthenna

Known Member
Jan 28, 2009
Yep... scrap and change the whole hatch. If not 99% will grow pimple again...

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Yep... scrap and change the whole hatch. If not 99% will grow pimple again...
i still dont understand, u mean change the car buy a new 1?
or what Evolution said get it from chop shop. what does it mean?
change the whole hatch?
just buy the car body?

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
do u mean car swap?
get a empty cover and put back what i have it into the new empty cover?
chopshop got 1 full body come de meh? i taught just got half cut

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Erm.. if you dare to DIY, sand paper that pimple off and expose the whole rusty area, go to ACE hardware and buy rust convertor and apply it on the rusted spot, wait for it to dry, sandpaper smooth the stuff and repaint that spot.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys. I am getting an ATF cooler for my Persona, sourced and gonna by it. Been wanting it since the first year of ownership.
Because whenever I go over 4000rpm during a hot day, it will rev another 200rpm just to change from 3 to 4. Not sure torque converter is slipping or the gears are.

Now, I was thinking during the process of fitting the ATF cooler, I wanna install ATF Temp Sensor simultaneously. Found a few on eBay, free shipping as well.

I am hoping not to drill my oem magnetic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience