perdana sei ENGINE mod..

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
i have a perdana SEI (manual)....is a old car~
now the piston ring of the engine are appear prolem.
i asked before....if change the piston ring only... have to spend RM800++on it....
so, i plan to change to proton V6 engine by use the original car gear box....
as we know, the proton V6 engine all tramission is AUTO...

so can the proton V6 engine mod into my car without change the original gear box????

help me pls.....give your segestion pls~
thx very much~!!

Lean

UnderCoverProject Founder
Oct 30, 2006
KL
undercoverproject.blogspot.com
u can straight away go into v-sixers tread and ask ...many sifus there..
just my 2 cents =)..

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Since transplantation is on decision, rather to transplant V6, I suggest to go for E2, same engine code, same mouting. And if stick to stock without modification, E2 will make almost the same fuel comsuption as V6 did. Power-wise, E2 is better.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
4G engines pro and cons will be better thn v6..
If u wanna best result and safe u money, can try vr4rs also..
The g/box can be match coz i have a fren whom is using v6tt still using 4g93 g/box as his previous v6tt is auto engine but there will be a slighly slip when launching...
Good Luck:marchmellow:

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
easy mate.get a v6 engine and gearbox lah.
coz a manual set of pedal for perdana cost at least rm500 in the market

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
sorry im newbie about car.....

V6tt that u all means is original proton perdana V6 engine?

acuali the V6 engine performance will better than my original SEI engine?

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
well not sure if the JPJ would still allow 4G63 conversion to 6A12 for the SEi coz it involves some mounting changes...many has got thru though..so should be ok...

anyway, no your stock 4G63 transmission would not go with a 6A12 V6....but since u r looking forward to get a 6A12 conversion and would like it manual.....

my suggestion would be to look for a JDM 6A12 Eterna/Galant halfcut.....those has manual versions, whereby you can just plonk the engine and transmission in straight from the halfcut <- bare in mind, the mounting will still require some changes as ur original engine's a 4G63....

and y a JDM? coz JDM versions has got a 170hp version (that comes in both auto and manual) instead of our local 145hp versions which only comes in auto

hope these helps...

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
sorry im newbie about car.....

V6tt that u all means is original proton perdana V6 engine?

acuali the V6 engine performance will better than my original SEI engine?
nope V6TT is the twin turbo version of the 6A12 V6 deriving from mitsubishi eterna / emeraude / galants....

the local V6 are just 6A12 V6 which is not significantly more powerful than your existing 4G63.....

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
1st all.....thx very much to "tuned"~!! u helped me much....

the cause that wan me tranplantmy 4G63 to 6A12 because....
now the piston ring are appear problem....i repair the piston ring in 2 years ago...but now appear problems again~

i tink the 6A12 engine will be less problem than my existing 4G63 engine izzt?
and because the cost to repair the piston ring near RM1000....so if i change the engine just add few thousand and get a better performance.....

and izzt u sure the 6A12 will not powerful than y existing 4G63 engine?
and the 6A12 engine will so trouble....and more maintence than my $G63 engine?

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
the 6A12 is smoother, power wise it shouldn't vary significantly from your stock 4G63...... about reliability, the 6A12 on the local V6 tends to have less problem compared to the 4G63...mainly because they are newer... the only issue u'll need to look at...is the automatic transmission which tends to shortlived prematurely... as for a JDM halfcut, yes they have manual....shouldn't be any problems provided u gotten urself a good halfcut...

maintenance wise, you'll have to consider....maintaining a V6 will be a lil' pricier than your 4G63.....i.e. the timing belt kit costs 400+, the plugs costs 60 to 70 bucks each, engine oil has to be at least 5liters....and fuel consumption would be a lil' higher...

anyhow, i'm not wrong, it would cost pretty much the same, either u get a local version or a JDM version which has better power figures....as labor costs are standard.....

in short, if u really wanna do it...

1. get a reliable and experienced workshop and get the overall cost quoted....
2. get them to source u a reliable engine (local or halfcut)...or get them to help confirm its condition for u...
3. get a reliable runner who can get ur ride approved with PUSPAKOM/JPJ

beware of hidden cost though....there are sure to be some...

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
ok... tuned...
acuali JDM tat u means is recond engine?
6 use more oil...i dun mind it...acuali i will few drive tat car soon....bcoz i juz wan repair bek tis car...and keep it....
bcoz i reali love tis type of car....so ....i will repair it and keep it..

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
JDM = Japan Domestic Model....

hence, in this case, halfcut of the japanese models of mitsubishi that came with same 6A12 engines

good luck......

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
JDM = Japan Domestic Model....

hence, in this case, halfcut of the japanese models of mitsubishi that came with same 6A12 engines

good luck......
oooo.....den means is same type with proton original engine izzt?
but the JDM is got mitsubishi brand and higher HP?

thx~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:itsme:Hello folks

Summer greetings from Mauritius and best wishes to you all

The owner of this BMW came to see me several times but I couldn't work on his car due to my job and time constraints, and given I had to travel to China for a training in education, the school holidays were cut short. This is the last detail I did in 2013 and will be reserving the first week to work on my own car before school starts. actually, i completed this ride at 6 pm on the 31st.

The work on this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience