Perdana SEI brake upgrade enquiry

ThunderGod_Cid

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
Hi guys,

Am thinking of upgrading my Perdana SEI brake system as I occasionally touge with this car. Last round I went down genting, rotors turned red but the EBC pads i had were still biting. I very well know that I need bigger rotors. I know my way around braking systems but am a tad unfamiliar withthe kind of upgrades that are available for my perdana.

Below are the choices I have and my requirements :

1. Front twin pot upgrade. I am looking at this but am not sure which caliper is a plug n play on my sei knuckle. I know that the mount holes on the v6 knuckle is different. Does anyone know of a plug n play solution? Evo3? I'd like to keep my options open in a way that i can source for brand new rotors in the near future at an affordable price, along with pads.

2. Front 4pot, rear twin pot. I heard and seen this on perdanas before. What i'd like to know is; which car are these from, how much do they cost including installation, can anyone recommend me a mechanic to do it? Sourcing for new rotors n pads would be hard for this. Would the drum brakes still work? I'd like the front n rear done together as i do not really believe in having 4pots in front and stock brakes on the rear, fearing that the fronts may lock up too soon. My ABS is no longer working.

I hope that you guys can help me with the above. Most importantly, i'd like to rrtain the 4lug config if possible. It would be even better if there's a perdana for sale with configuration no.2 which allows me to swap and top up, along with whatever 5lug rims thats available as well if this is a last resort.

As for the current configuration of the car, below are its specs :

Looking doreard to hear from you guys soon.
Fully rebuilt 4g63p BOT. (Tryyyyy not to ask me, "why not evo swap")
Front brakes : trw xps rotors. Ebs greenstuff pads
Rear brakes : stock rotors. Ebc ultimax pads
Suspension : bc racing
Tires : hankook ventus rs3. 235 45 17 on 9jj rims

Thanks

Elton

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
danz eterna might have an opinion on this. Me not well versed with perdana. But all i can say is, if u opt for F4pot R2pot, R32, R33 and R34 are good to go. (not the brembo ones though) is not that 'pain in the ass' type of brakes in terms of replacement parts.
no problem also with F4pot and rear normal disc brakes. I've been with this set up with my 20DET. mine was : Front R32 4 pot, Rear 2.0 disc brakes. The real danger is if the rear brakes harder than the front.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yeah, it depends on how much hp your engine is churning out, if its less than 300whp, twin pots for the front will be sufficient. but u may go bigger, 4pot from Mitsu GTO (there are 2 types, 5speed & 6speed, 6speed is more expensive as the rotors are slightly bigger). alternatively u could opt for NISSAN r32/s13/s14/s15 4pot calipers. much cheaper than GTO ones.

but take note that u need to fabricate the bracket to hold the calipers. can costs bout rm400-600.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello,

I have a BMW with manual gearbox that require ATF oil. Can I use Tufoil with this ATF oil?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience