perdana sei ENGINE mod..

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Hi Cch,
It is very hard to answer this kind of question. Well, JDM means Japan Domestic Model as Tuned said is from having different engine specification with carry higher house power compare to other. 6A12 is mitsubishi engine no doubt because the engine code is mitsubishi engine code. Hereby, you got few choices. It depends on you which you wants to go for.

Good Luck and happy motoring.

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
oooo.....den means is same type with proton original engine izzt?
but the JDM is got mitsubishi brand and higher HP?

thx~
its the same model but different version....
yes, the JDM would be mitsubishi.....and they have both 145hp (similar to our local V6) and 170hp version which suggested earlier....

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
What ever engine that drop till proton hand..the HP sure drop...
haiiii...not increase....very wired...

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
ok...i asked the shop le....
from klang....i have to change the whole half cut of the perdana....but the manual 4g63 gearbox still can be use on 6A12 engine(proton ver/JDM also)....
its cost RM4000++ and my spare part(etc engine,alternator, electronic,mounting)
can trade in to them....the price of trade in still in negeotiate.....
but about the JPJ have to check 1st.....
duno my spare part worth how much only....if can trade in more than RM1500++ i tink i will tranplant it...

until now....im juz scare about...if i change whole half cut again....i scare may be half year later appear problem again...bcoz as we all noe..haih..proton parts..."mana boleh tahan lama"
bcoz in 2 years time...i spent 10k++ to repair tis car....after change the part...other part sure appear problems again....
i reali dun hope i will repair tis car again in the future few year....bcoz tis car so many trpuble.....
and as we know....the second hand 6A12 also have a long age....hard to grantee that u can take a good maintence engine....
so whats u all opinion about the 6A12 engine in the future?

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
twin turbo is not ur taste?the cost is not much diff from the n/a version

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
Since transplantation is on decision, rather to transplant V6, I suggest to go for E2, same engine code, same mouting. And if stick to stock without modification, E2 will make almost the same fuel comsuption as V6 did. Power-wise, E2 is better.
i totally agree with kk9972. get a 4G63T engine, but first make sure in good condition.

here is the power output for these engines

1. 4G63 = 118bhp (like in Perdana SE)
2. 4G63T = range from 220-280bhp (from galant Vr4 to Evo3)
3. 6A12 = 150bhp (as in perdana V6)/ 170bhp for JDM with sports ECU
4. 6A12 mivec = 190-200bhp
5. 6A12TT = 230-240bhp

figures from wikipedia.org

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
i totally agree with kk9972. get a 4G63T engine, but first make sure in good condition.

here is the power output for these engines

1. 4G63 = 118bhp (like in Perdana SE)
2. 4G63T = range from 220-280bhp (from galant Vr4 to Evo3)
3. 6A12 = 150bhp (as in perdana V6)/ 170bhp for JDM with sports ECU
4. 6A12 mivec = 190-200bhp
5. 6A12TT = 230-240bhp

figures from wikipedia.org
thx~!! but i dislike turbo engine....turbo engine more more and more maintenence....
i hope the coming engine tat i tranplant is a less maintenence engine and i did not hope the engine is high HP or wat.....
the 4g63 tat u said ...i tink is not suitable for me.....
i hope to change to V6 bcoz the v6 have a quite engine sound....and the HP of the V6 are suitable to drive comfortable....

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
twin turbo is not ur taste?the cost is not much diff from the n/a version

yaya....v6tt is not my taste acuali....more fuel....turbo more maintenence.....
i change to V6 bcoz want to drive comfortable in the future~

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
ok...i asked the shop le....
from klang....i have to change the whole half cut of the perdana....but the manual 4g63 gearbox still can be use on 6A12 engine(proton ver/JDM also)....
its cost RM4000++ and my spare part(etc engine,alternator, electronic,mounting)
can trade in to them....the price of trade in still in negeotiate.....
but about the JPJ have to check 1st.....
duno my spare part worth how much only....if can trade in more than RM1500++ i tink i will tranplant it...

until now....im juz scare about...if i change whole half cut again....i scare may be half year later appear problem again...bcoz as we all noe..haih..proton parts..."mana boleh tahan lama"
bcoz in 2 years time...i spent 10k++ to repair tis car....after change the part...other part sure appear problems again....
i reali dun hope i will repair tis car again in the future few year....bcoz tis car so many trpuble.....
and as we know....the second hand 6A12 also have a long age....hard to grantee that u can take a good maintence engine....
so whats u all opinion about the 6A12 engine in the future?
well the 4G63 gbox would work with the 6A12....but well the original manual gbox for the 6A12 would still be a better idea...as original gbox that comes with the engine..has been designed have its gear ratio for the engine to enable optimized usage of its powerband........and besides, if the engine u acquire is an auto....u'll have more headaches later....wiring ecu compabilty would be an issue...

best, seek a 6A12 that comes originally manual....then it'll solve most of the headache....as for future problems?...well..if the halfcut's in good condition....and the owner takes good care of it.....i dun why see it won't last....

Last edited:

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
well the 4G63 gbox would work with the 6A12....but well the original manual gbox for the 6A12 would still be a better idea...as original gbox that comes with the engine..has been designed have its gear ratio to be able to optimized the power band of the engine........and besides, if the engine u acquire is an auto....u'll have more headaches later....wiring ecu compabilty would be an issue...

best, seek a 6A12 that comes originally manual....then it'll solve most of the headache....as for future problems?...well..if the halfcut's in good condition....and the owner takes good care of it.....i dun why see it won't last....
but...acuali if the JDM 6A12 come with manual....will expensive more than the local proton's 6A12? the price is expensive more?
that u means...if i use the local 6a12 (auto) will get many problems on maintenence in the future?

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
well....JDM 6A12 manual halfcut would come in price tag of 2 to 3k ....that's usually including the engine, gbox, harnesses, dashboard, meter panel, and digital aircond controls.... not forgetting, possibly the 170hp version...
good choices are the galant V6 versions that were produced up to the late mid 90s....

the local 6A12 (145hp) only comes in auto, and the price varies from 1.5 to 2.5k depending on condition and "demand"....haha....
anyhow, becareful of the autobox which tends to fail prematurely due to overheating...hence, a transmission oil cooler is recommended...
besides that transmission....i guess the 6A12 V6 is pretty much hassle free....

all in all, get a good workshop/mech, make sure they source u a good engine/halfcut....not forgetting a good conversion job....then it'll fine....

Last edited:

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
oo....the price ok wert....half cut for JDM juz 3k....
and dashboard, gearbox...i dun need that also....as i know...the meter panel still can use .....
well, i tink the alternator, mounting, air-cond pump have to change only.....and two stuff...i duno wat is ta...is control petrol and minyak hitam de electronic part.....those also juz used for half year...all spare part is quite new.....i tink can trade in higher price.....

if negiotate sucess....i will use the JDM 6A12 manual version....

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
if u r going the halfcut direction...then u practically can salvage everything under the hood....from the halfcut (provided its in good condition)...

just get a good mech..and u need not worry wat needs changing and wat need not...

good luck...

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
oic...that u means is....if i directionhalf cut....i will no ned woory got wat addtition ned to purchse oso?
acuali....i tink the alternator tat all also hav to change~
acuali the shop tat i asked is from klang also....near klang parkson thr~u heard b4?
u r klang ppl....? and a good mech will charge kira kira how much on installation?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all,

i got the GAB SS series adjustables for my vios. so, i will be spending time tweaking it! however, some queries below:

1. my front spring rate is 6kg and my rear is 4kg. with my damping set to hard, the car is bumpy, but in corners, slight body roll is noted. should i up my spring rate to further reduce body roll, or is slight roll acceptable? I have thought of installing anti-roll bar to the rear, but was advised not to do so as it may distort the suspension from doing its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience