How to improve low end performance?

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not too sure myself about the unlock thing.

I was just told to get back to SC and ask them to unlock ECU / unlock DVVT? No idea what it meant.

So called helps solve the problem.

As for the 0-30 I'm not comparing with at any car its just that from 0-30 its sluggish its like the car feels heavy.
Adjust your aircond lower abit, don't let it work so hard would help abit..

Drive a Campro and feel the sluggishness and see.
U will be speechless.
haha campro power wei after 4krpm.. stock setting 4-1 short disturbed the low end torque abit :banghead:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I used to drive Gen 2 Campro IAFM and honestly, from 0-80 its smooth to me.

So if I were to compare with Campro IAFM, i think 0-30 for Honda City is worst than Gen 2. LOL.

But after 30, I would say Honda City over Gen 2.
Gen 2 got normal and CPS only ma not meh.
I don't recall Gen 2 with IAFM. It is smooth but the engine revs slower.
Although, I have not driven a City before.
But a 1.8 Civic is good. ahah (Incomparable)

Adjust your aircond lower abit, don't let it work so hard would help abit..

haha campro power wei after 4krpm.. stock setting 4-1 short disturbed the low end torque abit :banghead:
Wah really wei. After 4k then good dy.
Still, it sucks for city drive ma.
Shifts at 6500rpm really syiok.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Unlock in what sense? Remove speedcut and remove rev cut? On a stock car? Not advisable.
I also scratching head what to unlock? Most ECU needs to reprogram for power or piggy to cheat it...:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Unlock in what sense? Remove speedcut and remove rev cut? On a stock car? Not advisable.
Remove speed cut is ok even in stock car provided that the car indeed have speed cut and the car indeed can reach much more than the speed cut. I've removed mine. :biggrin: For Honda city though, I don't think it has speed cut as it's not one of the JDM imported cars. For Honda City though to really reach 180kph also will take relatively long time so pretty dangerous to flat out full gas for a long period of time.

Agree though that removing rev limiter is no use and not advisable on std car as it's meant to protect the engine and it won't gain any power as well.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

So if I were to compare with Campro IAFM, i think 0-30 for Honda City is worst than Gen 2. LOL.

Campro IAFM is an improvement over the original Campro in Gen 2 as it fixes the low rpm torque defect so it's already much better. The original Campro is very lethargic at low-mid rpm.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I was just told to get back to SC and ask them to unlock ECU / unlock DVVT? No idea what it meant.

As for the 0-30 I'm not comparing with at any car its just that from 0-30 its sluggish its like the car feels heavy.
Honda iVTec la. DVVT is Perodua. Not quite the same technology but very similar concept. It's already enabled (iVtec) on all Honda cars, just a matter of what RPM and what speed it opens up. Nothing to unlock.

Anyway dude, seriously - take the car down to Penang and back and rev it like a mad cow. By the time you get back it'll be ready for first service. Ask to use fully syn oils and then only see how it goes. I have a Honda City in the family and quite frankly I dislike driving it. Not because of the speed or torque, but because of the handling. And I don't see/feel the low end torque problem you're complaining about.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

You mean M-Line Gen 2? Only test drive the 1st Generation Gen 2 before only which comes with 1.6L Campro. Not the current M-Line model.

1st Gen, Gen 2. Really sucks to the max. Those is what I call sluggish. 1.3 Campro IAFM Saga Blm is better.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam

auto cars always sluggish around that speed..

and Honda doesn't use DVVT.. it uses i-VTEC

:wink:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
auto cars always sluggish around that speed..

and Honda doesn't use DVVT.. it uses i-VTEC

:wink:
Must be Honda made a mistake and plonked in 1.5L 3SZVE inside. DVVT Kicked in Yo! :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Must be Honda made a mistake and plonked in 1.5L 3SZVE inside. DVVT Kicked in Yo! :rofl:
3SZ-VE is Toyota engine isn't it? I also dont know since Daihatsu and Toyota are closely related because Toyota owns Daihatsu. Myvi 1.5 and Alza call it DVVT while Toyota calls it VVT-i. It's the same technology.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
3SZ-VE is Toyota engine isn't it? I also dont know since Daihatsu and Toyota are closely related because Toyota owns Daihatsu. Myvi 1.5 and Alza call it DVVT while Toyota calls it VVT-i. It's the same technology.
:top: Correcto. My kelisa no DVVT :rofl: :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone tried before installing reverse sensor? There are few wires but dunno which wire taps to which existing wire...

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience