4g63T RVR engine displacement upgrade

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Hi bros, can you recommend me what's the best cost effective way to upgrade the displacement?

1) Stroker kits 2.2L,2.3L etc
2) Change the bottom base to 4g64 parts using only top from 4g63t (can they match?)

I feel like doing so because, i don't want to just depends on the turbo to kick in only.. i also don't want to boost very high as i worry my auto gearbox will kong.. please anyone can give some comments and recommendation? I'm driving perdana with RVR engine and gb. Thanks bros.. :driver:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Hi bros, can you recommend me what's the best cost effective way to upgrade the displacement?

1) Stroker kits 2.2L,2.3L etc
2) Change the bottom base to 4g64 parts using only top from 4g63t (can they match?)

I feel like doing so because, i don't want to just depends on the turbo to kick in only.. i also don't want to boost very high as i worry my auto gearbox will kong.. please anyone can give some comments and recommendation? I'm driving perdana with RVR engine and gb. Thanks bros.. :driver:
hey. same setup here. :driver:

anyway, i think u should go with stroker kit or maybe pistons+cranck+conrod from different engine.

4G64 will fit but i have a fren who use it twice and twice blown. he said that the 4G64 block + internals not kuat enuf. but the mid and highend power will jump quite high.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
if can share with estimate costs would be good too :vroam:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
hey. same setup here. :driver:

anyway, i think u should go with stroker kit or maybe pistons+cranck+conrod from different engine.

4G64 will fit but i have a fren who use it twice and twice blown. he said that the 4G64 block + internals not kuat enuf. but the mid and highend power will jump quite high.
Wow..how's your car's FC? by the way, your fren was running at how many boost? but after that he change to what? Can share?

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Wow..how's your car's FC? by the way, your fren was running at how many boost? but after that he change to what? Can share?
my car gets about:
urban (putrajaya area) 7.5-8.5km/L @ 22.6mpg (UK) @ 18.8mpg (US)
hiway 10.5-11.5km/L @ 31.1mpg (UK) @ 25.9mpg (US)
this depends on driving la, i drive sensibly and boosting once or twice a day for short period only. speeding usually morning going to work. kejar masa, hehe..

my fren used 4G64 block and internals with Evo3 head on his modded Wira (now he's driving Perdana RVR NA auto)
boost is around 1-1.5bar, and he's always boosting away (see fast cars, he sure kejar)
maybe if u use it with low boost and normal driving can last kot. i dono. will ask him later.
u can try it la. cost also low kan? i saw on mudah.my got someone selling 4G64.

Last edited:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
my car gets about:
urban (putrajaya area) 7.5-8.5km/L @ 22.6mpg (UK) @ 18.8mpg (US)
hiway 10.5-11.5km/L @ 31.1mpg (UK) @ 25.9mpg (US)
this depends on driving la, i drive sensibly and boosting once or twice a day for short period only. speeding usually morning going to work. kejar masa, hehe..

my fren used 4G64 block and internals with Evo3 head on his modded Wira (now he's driving Perdana RVR NA auto)
boost is around 1-1.5bar, and he's always boosting away (see fast cars, he sure kejar)
maybe if u use it with low boost and normal driving can last kot. i dono. will ask him later.
u can try it la. cost also low kan? i saw on mudah.my got someone selling 4G64.
Oic.. i not very sure how to calculate the FC bro.. i think quite high.. he crack the block or the piston koyak? someone selling in mudah? Hmm interesting, later go see.. i'm thinking which one can last.. change internals,stroker kit,or swap block? Waiting for your fren reply.. any other sifus can advice? :proud:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Oic.. i not very sure how to calculate the FC bro.. i think quite high.. he crack the block or the piston koyak? someone selling in mudah? Hmm interesting, later go see.. i'm thinking which one can last.. change internals,stroker kit,or swap block? Waiting for your fren reply.. any other sifus can advice? :proud:
to calculate FC, easy.
fill ur tank with petrol to the brim (sampai muncung). then u jalan2, until at least half tank la (i always wait till empty then baru isi), with ur normal driving style. then go fill up petrol again to brim and calculate.
example: u have driven for 300km and u fill rm75 worth of petrol. RM75 = 39.474L (RON95). so u use 39.474L for 300km. so, 300km divide by 39.474L = 7.6km/L. to convert to Mile per Gallon (mpg) UK or US (different value in gallons), use www.convertunit.com/fuel-consumption-calculator.php

in mudah.my, the fella sell 4G64 complete engine with wiring and ECu for rm1988 (Mitsubishi 4g64 complete set - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my). u can call him if u just want the complete block.

my fren said the conrod bearing tangkap/pecah. cant handle the stress. just over 6000rpm, then pecah. 3 times that happen to him.
he also said, if u want a little power up, u can just change the piston head to bigger ones. get piston from Nissan 1JZ engine (86mm piston) and rebore ur block to accomodate the piston.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
to calculate FC, easy.
fill ur tank with petrol to the brim (sampai muncung). then u jalan2, until at least half tank la (i always wait till empty then baru isi), with ur normal driving style. then go fill up petrol again to brim and calculate.
example: u have driven for 300km and u fill rm75 worth of petrol. RM75 = 39.474L (RON95). so u use 39.474L for 300km. so, 300km divide by 39.474L = 7.6km/L. to convert to Mile per Gallon (mpg) UK or US (different value in gallons), use www.convertunit.com/fuel-consumption-calculator.php

in mudah.my, the fella sell 4G64 complete engine with wiring and ECu for rm1988 (Mitsubishi 4g64 complete set - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my). u can call him if u just want the complete block.

my fren said the conrod bearing tangkap/pecah. cant handle the stress. just over 6000rpm, then pecah. 3 times that happen to him.
he also said, if u want a little power up, u can just change the piston head to bigger ones. get piston from Nissan 1JZ engine (86mm piston) and rebore ur block to accomodate the piston.
Ok thanks bro, how big can i bore to? Can use 2JZ pistons ah? hehe..

its toyota 1JZ... not nissan... :peace:
Thanks bro..

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Neuro thinking of buying Silvia s15 thats y he typed nissan haha.....
huh. not silvia la. i want the godzilla...
like this:

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Ok thanks bro, how big can i bore to? Can use 2JZ pistons ah? hehe..
Thanks bro..
how much can rebore, i dono.. :hmmmm:
maybe Danz or other sifu knows..

Last edited:

ruckboyz_85

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
Its is not advisable to extremely modify RVR 4G63T engine block years 95-96 model..this engine model prone to have crank walk problem..this problem also occurs on DSM eclipse engine for the same year of production because of same design with RVR 95-96 model..this engine model have different design of the engine block compared to VR4, evo 1,2&3 & RVR 97 model ( RVR Hyper Sports Gear Z - here we called it RVR RS)..just sharing info from NZ, Aussie and US forumer...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
neuro..
i also wan la...u sell yr number plate can put downpayment for that godzilla edi...
normally not exceed 2mm rebore...if more than that block might crack. i tot is 1jz....