Upgrade For Perdana 4g63T RVR

fighter1869

Oct 12, 2005
Hello to all..im new to this forum...would like to make new frenz and share knowledge...

I have a Perdana Rvr 4g63T Auto..completely stock..and i never use turbo engine bfore..
So what can i do to upgrade power abit ? just some basic mods would do..do want to change turbine or wat..any suggestion ?

fighter1869

Oct 12, 2005
DanzEterna...im not suprised you're the first to reply my post..seen your nick in most of the threads..thx anyway

Hmm..i was thinking bout E-manage blue..but can i up the boost using E-manage ? or do i need to buy boost controller...thinking to up lil bit only..lets say from 0.6 to 0.7 sumthing like dat...

Still new to turbo ..sikit2 tau la

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
get an engine oil cooler kit and ATF cooler. that would be my recommendation.

then u can start playing with boost controller, engine management system and fueling system.

fighter1869

Oct 12, 2005
Thanks..the Rvr Halfcut i bought comes together with the ATF cooler..so i guess im ok to do minor upgrades...but still confuse bout wastegate,boost controller..do i need to change or not..i just want to add lil bit more basic things bfore final tuning with e manage ..and thats it

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
oh..sorry..my mistake for not knowing that u already hv ATF cooler.
your aim was to have a bit power. if i were u..i would do the basic things first.

by anymeans..Turbocharged engine is a really hot...

Cool the incoming air - Compressing air raises its temperature. However, you would like to have the coolest air possible in the cylinder because the hotter the air is, the less it will expand when combustion takes place. this why the purpose of intercooler for turbocharged and supercharged are made for..

so having said that..

u can start by doing a cold air intake and upgrade your intercooler size (i'm assuming your are using OEM RVR intercooler) don't go to big.

Let air come in more easily - As a piston moves down in the intake stroke, air resistance can rob power from the engine. Some newer cars used polished intake manifolds to eliminate air resistance Bigger air filters can also improve air flow. its easier to say that porting and polished your engine head, intake manifold will help.

Let exhaust exit more easily - If the exhaust pipe is too small or the muffler has a lot of air resistance, this can cause back-pressure, which has the same effect. High-performance exhaust systems use headers, big tail pipes and free-flowing mufflers to eliminate back-pressure in the exhaust system.

those mention above are the basics. the engine management should be the last thing that u should add..after u are satisfied and have no other near future plans.. wont want to be tune and tune and tune again everytime u mod ur engine didn't u? :biggrin:

as for wastegate and boost controller..from my opinion those are not basics.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Thanks..the Rvr Halfcut i bought comes together with the ATF cooler..so i guess im ok to do minor upgrades...but still confuse bout wastegate,boost controller..do i need to change or not..i just want to add lil bit more basic things bfore final tuning with e manage ..and thats it
just go for the boost controller and emanage
the emanage cannot control the boost level
u will need a boost controller for this
and the emanage will ensure that u have sufficient fuel and an optimum air fuel ratio at the various boost levels
i think the rvr standard intercooler is quite small \
just get a front mounted evo 3 intercooler that should help with the temperatures :top:

fighter1869

Oct 12, 2005
Thanks Kumar...noted

Yeah Rvr intercooler is pretty small..maybe now i am thinking i should just do this

-Front Mount Evo3 IC
-Air Filter
-Exhaust piping
-Boost Controller
-E-manage

Just want to have a relax daily driving...hehe

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
oh..sorry..my mistake for not knowing that u already hv ATF cooler.
your aim was to have a bit power. if i were u..i would do the basic things first.

by anymeans..Turbocharged engine is a really hot...

Cool the incoming air - Compressing air raises its temperature. However, you would like to have the coolest air possible in the cylinder because the hotter the air is, the less it will expand when combustion takes place. this why the purpose of intercooler for turbocharged and supercharged are made for..

so having said that..
Cooler air = denser air = more oxygen per volumetric. That's the whole idea.

u can start by doing a cold air intake and upgrade your intercooler size (i'm assuming your are using OEM RVR intercooler) don't go to big.
Yes... Good choice.

Let air come in more easily - As a piston moves down in the intake stroke, air resistance can rob power from the engine. Some newer cars used polished intake manifolds to eliminate air resistance Bigger air filters can also improve air flow. its easier to say that porting and polished your engine head, intake manifold will
Let exhaust exit more easily - If the exhaust pipe is too small or the muffler has a lot of air resistance, this can cause back-pressure, which has the same effect. High-performance exhaust systems use headers, big tail pipes and free-flowing mufflers to eliminate back-pressure in the exhaust system.

those mention above are the basics. the engine management should be the last thing that u should add..after u are satisfied and have no other near future plans.. wont want to be tune and tune and tune again everytime u mod ur engine didn't u? :biggrin:
I think the cost spent onthis can buy an E3 cylinder head with inlet manifold n header. Plug n play with ready outlet for future TD05 16G. No headache. No issue with imbalance port cause by workmanship.

Btw, I have a different opinion here. I think tuning is the heart of all mods. Air fuel n ignition is the key to avoid lean and knocks.

A stock untuned car and a tuned car already makes the difference.

as for wastegate and boost controller..from my opinion those are not basics.
Yes. They aren't basic. But it's also not something high-tech n complicated.
[/QUOTE]

just go for the boost controller and emanage
the emanage cannot control the boost level
u will need a boost controller for this
and the emanage will ensure that u have sufficient fuel and an optimum air fuel ratio at the various boost levels
i think the rvr standard intercooler is quite small \
just get a front mounted evo 3 intercooler that should help with the temperatures :top:
Emanage also helps in the ignitio. Timing.

DanzEterna...im not suprised you're the first to reply my post..seen your nick in most of the threads..thx anyway

Hmm..i was thinking bout E-manage blue..but can i up the boost using E-manage ? or do i need to buy boost controller...thinking to up lil bit only..lets say from 0.6 to 0.7 sumthing like dat...

Still new to turbo ..sikit2 tau la

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
Thanks Kumar...noted

Yeah Rvr intercooler is pretty small..maybe now i am thinking i should just do this

-Front Mount Evo3 IC
-Air Filter
-Exhaust piping
-Boost Controller
-E-manage

Just want to have a relax daily driving...hehe
decent choice. good luck friend. :driver:

ruckboyz_85

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
For the oil cooler, i think standard RVR engine installed with water cooled system..I dont have any idea which is much better, water cooled system or oil cooler or can use both at same time..hope someone with much experience will answer it..make sure your current fuel system is enough to support your engine when boosting.otherwise, your pistons will "berlubang"..install aftermarket AFRP first..then u can can start thinking to upgrade what the next..that my personal opinion..correct me if wrong

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
bro the upgrade is depends on ur budget to be frank,u can pm me as am using 4g63 as well :)

fighter1869

Oct 12, 2005
Hi guys...sorry i've been away for a while..thanks for asking bout my car...anyway at the moment i have start doing the basics things first.. like Hks fIlter, Front Mount Intercooler piping, and Exhaust piping...using 2.5" as i follow the original rvr piping..thats all at the moment..after all that then only i will start thinking some other mods..depend on budget :)

Rakesh- Thanks bro...im really new to 4g63 .. good to have guide from you

Dont Forget to support out FOOTBALL TEAM vs Indonesia tonight AFF CUp FInal! Malaysia bOleh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): The SXE-10 Altezza cult is very much alive everywhere and what we have here is Abcastillo's involvement in a recent Spanish Altezza club track meet. Check out the abundance of track-ready tezzas...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience