mitsubishi colt ralliart version r convert to 4g93t or 4g63t

coolguyd101

Oct 17, 2006
Hi guys...im kinda new in this forum...currently im driving a mitsubishi colt ralliart version r with the 4g15 mivec turbo engine ( which was the same engine with those lancer ck but only different was the head got mivec and got turbo) I wasplanning for rebuilt aactually and upgrade the engine internal and bigger turbo..but my mechanic told me the price that I pay, and the hp they I got after the rebuilt was not worth it....he suggest me to do an 4g93t or 4g63t engine transplant and call it a day...I have been looking around and found out that 4g63t from evo 4 or evo 5, no matter they are engine lantai or engine kosong...they are cheaper than the 4g93t..which caught my attentiion...so I want to ask is is it legal to convert from 4g15 to 4g63t? And should I one shot use the 4wd gearbox and lock 2wd or suggested I get those manual gearbox from waja or from 4g92 mivec? What should I be careful with when I want to do the transplant?

coolguyd101

Oct 17, 2006
if u asking me, i would just go for manual conversion + turbo upgrade..
Bro if go for bigger turbo, piston and conrod need to change...custom turbo for this car aint cheap too..hybrid the ori turbo with td04 compressor side about 2.5k for the new set ready made...my machanic advice me better to go for 4g93t which is more worth..what all sifu think?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
why do u need to go for other piston and conrod? are u going for 2.0++ bar of boost? how much power u r aiming for? up your boost and go tuning first.. do u know that colt version r is as fast as stock golf tsi on the track..?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Coolguy where you from?sarawak? Desmond?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i hav dis prob... cold start its jus so hard to start da car... onli cold start, once da engine is warm enuff, no prob startin da car alr... y ar?

also, sometimes when i leave mah car idle... for 5 mins max to 10 mins, sometimes mah check light comes on... y? sometimes when i rev it a lil or move da car, check lgiht also on... SOMETIMES ONLI... can it b ecu? air flow been changed few times... still same prob...

dis is a GSR wif gti dashboard, so i dunno how complete are da wirings... also...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience