RvR 4G63T engine dies off when comes to a stop

cfphoon

1,500 RPM

cfphoon

1,500 RPM
May 10, 2007
kuala lumpur
Hi guys. I'm having this problem with my engine for quite some time and I still can't resolve it. I'm currently running a standard Mitsubishi RvR 4G63T engine in my wira and the problem is the engine often dies off when coming to a stop while running with the AC on. Without on AC will dies off also but not that frequent. Recently just replaced stepper motor but still the same. Anyone faced this problem before?

parakey

1,000 RPM

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Is this manual or auto? Engine stalls when you're braking down from a fast speed, right? When braking from a slower speed, it doesnt stall?

cfphoon

1,500 RPM

cfphoon

1,500 RPM
May 10, 2007
kuala lumpur
Is this manual or auto? Engine stalls when you're braking down from a fast speed, right? When braking from a slower speed, it doesnt stall?
It's a manual. Braking slow speed is fine but recently I noticed that the engine stalls too without on ac. Coming downhill to a stop would make the engine stalls too

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I'm not an expert but when we brake to slow down, couple of things happened at the same time;
1.Throttle body closes as we lift off the gas
2.Brake servo uses the vacuum from the intake.
3.RPM drop which causes alternator current supply to be lower.Alternator works like the dynamo on our bicycle,the faster it spins, the higher the amp it produce.

I would take a look at the vacuum hose to see if there is any leak, then check the alternator if its supplying steady current at low rpm, then the air flow sensor.

parakey

1,000 RPM

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not an expert but when we brake to slow down, couple of things happened at the same time;
3.RPM drop which causes alternator current supply to be lower.Alternator works like the dynamo on our bicycle,the faster it spins, the higher the amp it produce.

I would take a look at the vacuum hose to see if there is any leak, then check the alternator if its supplying steady current at low rpm, then the air flow sensor.
What he said :emoji_point_up_2: .. but also check the grounding as well

cfphoon

1,500 RPM

cfphoon

1,500 RPM
May 10, 2007
kuala lumpur

I'll definitely check again on the vacuum hose but I doubt it got leak.. How to check the air flow sensor?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I'll definitely check again on the vacuum hose but I doubt it got leak.. How to check the air flow sensor?
Easiest way is to swap the sensor or using a computer scan tool.
Hard way is to use a multimeter but u must know the normal figure first,which most of us dont know.

When u are stationary with aircond on or off ,have u tried pressing the brake pedal multiple time and does it affect your idling?
If not then i suspect its poor wiring contact which include grou ding. Can happen.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, current load, vacuum all play a part. Mine last time with air con off is ok, but with air con on it drops until very low rpm, and sometimes dies off. Change FICD work a while then FICD konk again, seems common problem. Then add manual ficd from kembara, modded it on....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have some questions to ask all the sifu around here that i had a gti year 2000...
1. how to install a safc with siemen ecu???
2. what size of exhaust and how to suit for it... ori is around 2' ... what i mean is after 4-2-1 to the end???
3. i heard that some ppl said that change the ecu and head to mivec will be improve a lot... only change that 2 things??? how abt the piston and valve??? and how abt the fuel respond will be use more or least???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience