4g63T c.o.p conversion

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
there are quite lots of confusions and questions before i take the words from vrturbo.... since into mod.. just do it... then i did it today:smokin:

20150325_173628.jpg

BEFORE

20150608_154202.jpg

AFTER

instead of some blink blink effect and more neat looking, what i feel is increase in engine response:driver:... at least i noticed that my boost kicks in earlier 300-500 rpm than previous plug cable set up... normal around 3500rpm 0.7bar full now around 3000-3200 full boost (tested in slow climb from 2k rpm in 3rd and 4th gear) .... which i consider is an upgrade for my car:biggrin::biggrin:..

however, i do notice my fuel is little lean out from previous set up from the highest point i get while full boost 12.2 to 12.6.. which mean that the spark power is increased but need to took extra care since the car is lean out now.. even it is still in safe range for my boost level but i haven't and not dare try it on high boost level:burnout:... since i plan to re-tune and upgrade management later, so i will just leave it there for the moment since my wideband and knock meter shows it is still safe to run low boost:love::driver::smokin:

so.. i think that these c.o.p conversion really increase in spark energy which leads to increase in car response provided your engine is healthy of course:listen: take note that

1. my engine is fully rebuilt not long ago, even with excessive blowby when engine is getting hot, compression test result are all 10 bar for all cylinder and no leak in compression

2. "stock" tdo5h turbo is used with upgraded size intercooler and piping

3. this thread i wrote on the same day i just install the conversion kit and tested along while i driving back for about 60km, so any future problems are still unknown

4. my distributor, TR unit and wiring etc are in good condition

5. aftermarket exhaust is used

6. if any ZTH geng have different result or feeling from what i posted here, please dont :damnmate: me... thank you:rolleyes::adore:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Nice and neat.....
if it last long, then it will really be nice and neat... but my mech said already done quite few conversion here and all seems no problem till now.. hopefully:nurse:

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
Nice cop...the rocker breather mod is awesome

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if it last long, then it will really be nice and neat... but my mech said already done quite few conversion here and all seems no problem till now.. hopefully:nurse:
Since done by him and no problems should be ok. Enjoy the new found power.....:driver:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
So you finally sorted that out? Did you get the controller unit?
Nope.. it is a unit which only wire up 3 wire and get signal from stock distributor and TR unit to work...:burnout: in some US forum i see them called this waste spark cop:hmmmm:

I did consult with drex chan abt tmworks direct power hardness... he say need custom for my application since socket different and he need to know my wiring and socket... and tmwork nt for my application since i cant take power direct from battery since my battery relocated to rear... however.. good news is my mech told me he already gt such relay and wiring and it is already on my car( my car previously is his car) but he lazy to find socket and wire up for me unless the cop still not power enough...but look at the direct effect it lean of my fuel i assume that cop gt increase in ignition power:biggrin:... btw his application is taking power direct from fuse box i assume:hmmmm:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Nice work dude. Engine bay looks nice.

I know ignition is a important factor but didnt know the result is as significant as you case. Maybe i should start looking at ignition systems as well :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

So TMworks eh....I see got alot of products....What does the Hyper Direct Coil and Ignite Rev does? Power Harness has been explain already. Hahahahhaha

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
I only know tmwork direct ignition hardness..other product i dunno.. perhaps same as msd.. external high output coil and another is kind of ignitiin amplifier...and also the ignirev maybe kind like beerev R for launch control perhaps..really dunno

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Wow.. i'm interested! How much does it cost?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kumakubo Nobushige, behind the wheel of his new Lancer Evo IX defeated Kuroi Atsushi's RB26 powered S13 to take the win.

The victory did not come easy though, it took Kumakubo and Kuroi three rounds of sudden death and one tire change...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience