Need some info about brake pads

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
550c not up to standard ah? Care to elaborate more?

I think what he meant was is not up to track standard. Perhaps on track you need higher heat range as the temperature on track and also the extend of your brakes being use is much higher compared to street or spirited driving use. Maybe for the 550c can only got 2-3 power laps, then must rest already. Correct me if i am wrong.....:biggrin:

Bro Shinjite, RapidStop 550c makan rotor alot ah? Coz i spoke to them and they said is metallic compound. Sound and dust leh? Malaysian made right?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Really that bad? is the rotor stock 1.5 size? previously i tried ebc green with my stock 1.5 rotors, not really biting that well too current 1.8 rotors with metal king bite better than that ALOT...
My Wira had GSR calipers with 1.6/1.8 rotor, I think same as the 1.5 one. Slotted and cross drilled front and back and both were using metal king. Mind you - when the pad heated up it grips damn good, but when cold it's virtually useless.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Rapidstop is malaysian made and I know the botak fella.

I dunno, perhaps that time when I was using I got a bad batch or he was experimenting with new formula. 1st time I ever used RS was when he first launched the brand. Awesome pads. Second time I used it the formula had changed and the result was less satisfying. After that I swapped to other brands already.

I think generally any brake pad will makan rotor. Just a matter of how aggressive it is only. So doesn't really matter if it makan rotor or not la.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
I think what he meant was is not up to track standard. Perhaps on track you need higher heat range as the temperature on track and also the extend of your brakes being use is much higher compared to street or spirited driving use. Maybe for the 550c can only got 2-3 power laps, then must rest already. Correct me if i am wrong.....:biggrin:
Ahh i see..i get it now, have to wait for bro shinjite to explain what he really meant though hahaha

My Wira had GSR calipers with 1.6/1.8 rotor, I think same as the 1.5 one. Slotted and cross drilled front and back and both were using metal king. Mind you - when the pad heated up it grips damn good, but when cold it's virtually useless.
Wow that set up is quite aggressive for me, 1.6/1.8rotor is larger than the 1.5 ones in diameter..Is your servo upgraded as well? As im still using normal rotor only, front metal king titanium rear using ferrodo zero.. yeah once they have some heat, it grips damn good.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Rapidstop is malaysian made and I know the botak fella.

I dunno, perhaps that time when I was using I got a bad batch or he was experimenting with new formula. 1st time I ever used RS was when he first launched the brand. Awesome pads. Second time I used it the formula had changed and the result was less satisfying. After that I swapped to other brands already.

I think generally any brake pad will makan rotor. Just a matter of how aggressive it is only. So doesn't really matter if it makan rotor or not la.

The price they offered is quite reasonable. I mean for a performance pads 550c. But i am just concern of how aggressive it makan rotor only. If is very aggressive, then maybe i have to think twice about it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bendix General is bullshit as well, couldn't provide stopping power plus ate/burnt my rotor like hell.

I could vouch for Trestor blue advantage the bite is real good. Only drawback is it is powderful.
Bendix General CT for general use only. Cold bite is good, dust less but cannot use until too hot as it will fade

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
550c not up to standard ah? Care to elaborate more?
What he meant was for track. Track need up to 800 degree ones. 550 will still fade after a while.
I have tried a King's brand 800 degree pads for my VR twin pot. Cold bite is of no existence means really no bite at all and even after normal 1 to 2km needed for heat Bendix Metal King, it does not work for these pads. Even after 15km to office still not hot enough. So on weekend went driving it around and stepping on the brakes to heat it up. Really took a long time but after it has heated up the bite is just fantastic. At higher speed like 140kph you just tap the brakes and it will bite and slow down, but problem is during daily use no bite at all. I took them out after one week, they are still in my store room.....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm I'm using the Metal King only for the rear pads though, so not that critical. My front I use Project Mu B-Spec (up to 500 deg.).

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
No, is not same. Even though same manufacturer in Malaysia, they are different. Bendix Metal King I think same as Trestor Metallic Plus only and Bendix General CT is Trestor Deluxe Organic.

Trestor Advantage pads is slightly higher than the metallic pads. I have used Bendix from Metal King Plus to Gold and then to Titanium then switch to Advantage pads. They bite from cold, and have better friction. Overall braking is so much better....:smokin:
Yup, Trestor Blue Advantage really bite even when cold. Even better when hot. The only disadvantage is that your wheels will turn black/dark grey very fast. :driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Because I drive a stock car.. Akebono pads are damn good.. now they are renamed something else i can't remember what they are called..

I used EBC Ultimax, that was good too, but omg dust like hell. Unless you own a car wash, forget it. And it squeals like a pig when new.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Bro VR you should get dealership from Trestor hahaha then you can sell or get commission! Perhaps my car is light, I had no problem with it during my run at elite. The brakes and tyre did fade a little bit during scorching hot late afternoon in the last 2 laps which caught me off guard and understeered a few times. IMO it is good enough for daily and softcore track use.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wow that set up is quite aggressive for me, 1.6/1.8rotor is larger than the 1.5 ones in diameter..Is your servo upgraded as well? As im still using normal rotor only, front metal king titanium rear using ferrodo zero.. yeah once they have some heat, it grips damn good.
Aggressive meh? It's only just a larger piston compared to 1.5/1.6 calipers. Servo was stock Wira SE one which is the same as every other Wira I guess. Pedal didn't sink at all after the swap so it was sufficient me thinks.

I've used Ultrex 700deg pads and these are probably the best pads I've ever used. Cold or hot, they bite like a bitch on heat. Awesome pads at any temperature (cold or hot I mean).

The price they offered is quite reasonable. I mean for a performance pads 550c. But i am just concern of how aggressive it makan rotor only. If is very aggressive, then maybe i have to think twice about it.
Go get Ultrex pads la. 700 deg ones would be good for you, cold or hot they bite and I've never had fading issues with this brake pad ever.

I don't know about the newer RS pads though. I haven't used them. Probably Shinjite would know since he's pretty buddy with Bernard.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, Trestor Blue Advantage really bite even when cold. Even better when hot. The only disadvantage is that your wheels will turn black/dark grey very fast. :driver:
Well, I prefer my brakes to bite rather than to have a clean rims......hhahahhahahah:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Because I drive a stock car.. Akebono pads are damn good.. now they are renamed something else i can't remember what they are called..

I used EBC Ultimax, that was good too, but omg dust like hell. Unless you own a car wash, forget it. And it squeals like a pig when new.
Still named Akebono, but I think have local or imitation already.

EBC Ultimax are OEM replacement pads only....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro VR you should get dealership from Trestor hahaha then you can sell or get commission! Perhaps my car is light, I had no problem with it during my run at elite. The brakes and tyre did fade a little bit during scorching hot late afternoon in the last 2 laps which caught me off guard and understeered a few times. IMO it is good enough for daily and softcore track use.
Since I am using them and find them good, so recommend loh!:biggrin:

Already mentioned not for track. For you, probably just need to replace your front rotor to slotted ones will probably reduce your brake fade.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a feature of MadMike's MadBul, the awesome FD3S equipped with 26B normally aspirated rotary engine pushing upwards of 600 horses. This is arguably the epitome of rotary and FD3S goodness, the sound of it is ungodly awesome and in my honest opinion puts any engine to shame.

MadMike with MadBul...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience