Need help about brakes...

Ellipse506

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
KL
Hello there...

Just want to ask all you sifus and taikors out there...

I have a protong Waja and it is mostly stock... for now... haha... I want to get some parts done first... to get the ride and handling right... and I happened to think about my brakes... still stock remember???... I was thinking... would changing the hoses to steel braided ones (think that is what u call it...) be of any use at all???... brake pads are still stock... alot of dust i know... but serves me well and its cheaper...

coz I may have to change the brake fluid soon and I thought I might as well consider this part... How much issit???... or changing the brake servo to a better one is better???... not too high on the budget tho...

Thx

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Ellipse506 said:
Hello there...

Just want to ask all you sifus and taikors out there...

I have a protong Waja and it is mostly stock... for now... haha... I want to get some parts done first... to get the ride and handling right... and I happened to think about my brakes... still stock remember???... I was thinking... would changing the hoses to steel braided ones (think that is what u call it...) be of any use at all???... brake pads are still stock... alot of dust i know... but serves me well and its cheaper...

coz I may have to change the brake fluid soon and I thought I might as well consider this part... How much issit???... or changing the brake servo to a better one is better???... not too high on the budget tho...

Thx
if ur car is totaly stock....and u wan beter brake system...change beter brake pad enuf lo....and flush ur brake fluida nd put dot4....dun need so extreme until change braided hose....

beter brake pad + beter brake fluid = OK

my 2 cents

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
just thinking of it this way

are you having a spongy feeling from pressing the brakes?
if yes, then you may have to change the brake hose
else just leave it

what braided hose does is the same as a new hose
just that it last longer than the normal hose

how is it this way
cause braided hose just prevents the hose from expanding when applied preasure
thus more preasure will be directed to the braking system
hence the better braking power

which is the same as new brake hose, which does not expand much since its new (if it does expands a lot, you will get the spongy feeling when pressing the brake and what you should od is throw the hose back to the bugger mechanic)

if everything is stock, then just go for new brake pads
how long have you been using your brake fluid?
if just a year or two, then dun bother changing it too

cause as far as i know, brake fluids can last at least 5 years (depending on certain criteria also lar, if poorly maintained or the owner always open the brake fluid cover, different case lar)

better not post too long anymore, can hear lighting and thunder all around the house

correct me if i am wrong, always open for new knowledge here

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
put in 4 pot brakes...i got..alcon...better stopping power...when you are racing or driving fast or just driving downhill from genting...if coupled with stell braided hose...

Ellipse506

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
KL
If u dun mind me asking stupid questions... what are 4 pot brakes???... and i guess that it is just me coz i driv a little fast at times and i want to be safe... esp with our drastic weather and what it can do to our rubber brake hoses... thats one of the main reasons as to why i am looking at the steel braided brake hoses... what brake pads do u ppl recommend... one that wont hurt my brake discs and not too soft at that same time to compromise stopping power... as considering buying my friends brombos... but thought twice... coz i dun think that i am going to sepang with the car... haha... and a waja 1.6... tell me guys.... brembos are overkill right???...

Ellipse506

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
KL
oh yeah... one more thing... if any of u ppl know where is a good and reliable shop to get the steel braided brake hoses... and one that is good to do long term biz with... pls PM me... and pls let me know how much would be needed to do so... as well as any pads that u ppl recommend... thx... cheers...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm using a Proton Wira 1.5GL(A). I'm yet to service my auto transmission fluid. my mileage is 52K.

I would like to know about the AT dip stick. It has 3 part.

Cold, Hot and Adjust when is hot.

What is the meaning of all this 3 parts along the dip stick of the gearbox?

Please help.:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience