Saga BLM Braking Power

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If you send back to SC, sure they will change your pads back to OE ones. Since only 8 days old, still think they are not bedding in yet.
You can also check your servo working or not. With engine off, step hard on your brake pedal until cannot move down anymore, then start the car. Once the engine starts the pedal should go down some more to show that the servo is working.

If you need fast fix, change the pads to Bendix General CT. They come with bedding material on the pads to aid bedding in, so you get instant feedback.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

195/50/R15

Wrong size?
To me is not the tyres, unless oversize, but 195/50R15 is okay....

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
If you send back to SC, sure they will change your pads back to OE ones. Since only 8 days old, still think they are not bedding in yet.
You can also check your servo working or not. With engine off, step hard on your brake pedal until cannot move down anymore, then start the car. Once the engine starts the pedal should go down some more to show that the servo is working.

If you need fast fix, change the pads to Bendix General CT. They come with bedding material on the pads to aid bedding in, so you get instant feedback.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

To me is not the tyres, unless oversize, but 195/50R15 is okay....
Except General CT. Is the FBK have the bedding aid too?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm Driving Saga Brake Lagi Makan (A). So far, I find that the stock brakes are not too bad if compare to Myvi. I'm not sure
but my own preference, I still find it good, just that it will lock my wheels at times like late sudden emergency brake when
I didnt see a bump, it will skid a little. Wheel Lock.

Just to me, the car brakes are okay, just no ABS so will skid. Maybe shud get the SC to check.

The only thing that irritates me is that the SC told me that cars with brake drums is like that....sure will have the screeching
sound, then i ask? so what can u do about it? Nothing is normal, when the drums warms up then is okay cuz is just all the
brake dust gather inside adi...

Then my friend told me to insist to change Brake Drums next SC, I dont think they will change for me other than me writing in
to their HOD...

Will try to ask for a change for the brake drums, adi repair for me more than 3 times still same. No sound awhile, after 1 month
come back again...

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
Yes, General CT works from cold, but not Metal King, which needs about 1 to 2 km of drive before getting better bite.
Brought General CT. Will change later & try how is the result.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

I'm Driving Saga Brake Lagi Makan (A). So far, I find that the stock brakes are not too bad if compare to Myvi. I'm not sure
but my own preference, I still find it good, just that it will lock my wheels at times like late sudden emergency brake when

Just to me, the car brakes are okay, just no ABS so will skid. Maybe shud get the SC to check.

The only thing that irritates me is that the SC told me that cars with brake drums is like that....sure will have the screeching
sound, then i ask? so what can u do about it? Nothing is normal, when the drums warms up then is okay cuz is just all the

Then my friend told me to insist to change Brake Drums next SC, I dont think they will change for me other than me writing in
to their HOD...

Will try to ask for a change for the brake drums, adi repair for me more than 3 times still same. No sound awhile, after 1 month
come back again...
If u r talking bout braking sound. Tat might b the rear drum brake pump jam & causing the sound of screeching.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Brought General CT. Will change later & try how is the result.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

If u r talking bout braking sound. Tat might b the rear drum brake pump jam & causing the sound of screeching.

Yup, screeching especially when it is cold. Really beh tahan...just like telling everyone im going
to work every morning :rofl:

Will get them to replace it since adi more than 3 times still same...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

to their HOD...

come back again...
Actually if you compare disc brakes and drum brakes, drum brakes have more contact surface and bites better then disc, but because drum brakes are enclosed they heat up fast and braking power fades. Brake dust also accumulate inside.
Disc brakes however are open and cools faster. Those ventilated ones have groove in between for even better cooling, therefore overall Disc performs better.
If you can brake to lock and your car skids then you need better tyres.....

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Yup, screeching especially when it is cold. Really beh tahan...just like telling everyone im going
to work every morning :rofl:

Will get them to replace it since adi more than 3 times still same...
They might just clean the inside, sand down you brake shoes and then fit back.....:rolleyes:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Actually if you compare disc brakes and drum brakes, drum brakes have more contact surface and bites better then disc, but because drum brakes are enclosed they heat up fast and braking power fades. Brake dust also accumulate inside.
Disc brakes however are open and cools faster. Those ventilated ones have groove in between for even better cooling, therefore overall Disc performs better.
If you can brake to lock and your car skids then you need better tyres.....

They might just clean the inside, sand down you brake shoes and then fit back.....:rolleyes:
Silverstone that time was terrible, even my sister drive also say skid a little and got screeching
sound when cornering...so XM2 better not too bad..but still not good enough in terms
of grip. Daily use okay la...:listen:

No wonder always got sound la...Celaka betul...but if the replace the drums should be able
to see is new like my new disc right?

My brake disc the change for me adi...thought sound settle...then still same...that time
do major service.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, of course the XM2 are better then the Silverstone....

Oh! you want them to change the whole drum, I thought only the drum brakes shoes.....:rofl:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Silverstone that time was terrible, even my sister drive also say skid a little and got screeching
sound when cornering...so XM2 better not too bad..but still not good enough in terms
of grip. Daily use okay la...:listen:

No wonder always got sound la...Celaka betul...but if the replace the drums should be able
to see is new like my new disc right?

My brake disc the change for me adi...thought sound settle...then still same...that time
do major service.
Note that is recommended to resurface or skim the surface for the new pad, bcos diff pad diff contact surface, the sound may came from the new pad touching the edge of the old surface creating unwanted sound.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Note that is recommended to resurface or skim the surface for the new pad, bcos diff pad diff contact surface, the sound may came from the new pad touching the edge of the old surface creating unwanted sound.
Thanks for the note bro, even before and after change already got sound...so that's what the exec
in proton told me that might cuz the drums got brake dust gather inside adi...

So, since i came and complain that more than 3 times, they only decided to change the disc...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the note bro, even before and after change already got sound...so that's what the exec
in proton told me that might cuz the drums got brake dust gather inside adi...

So, since i came and complain that more than 3 times, they only decided to change the disc...
They mention drum got dust but they change the disc??:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is the max Temperature that this pad can withstand ?

How much is the market price now?

The ride is Suzuki Swift 1.5 the pad is for front brake ~

Thanks =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience