Do Ultra Racing Bars increase Car Safety?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I agree and disagree with that cvkit.

If I were looking for an opportunity to move to the middle lane - that doesn't make me a road hog.

Stupidcar was saying going speed limit on the fast lane. That's road hogging if you're going to stay there.

But otherwise I do agree with what you said. Hehe
Good also mah...you are preventing both of you get killed when you are driving at the speed limit in the fast lane. Well to me theoretically the guy driving in the fast lane at speed limit is not wrong. However ethically, thats up to different individuals to decide. Frankly speaking I wouldnt mind if somebody is driving at speed limit in the fast lane. At least he is doing the fastest allowable speed he could. But if he drives 80kmh on 110kmh lane then he has serious brain problem and thats hogging lol

Btw why are we talking about this here? Lets move this discussion to
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...makes-a-good-bad-driver-3.html#post1064535846

My view on the UR Racing bars, or rather my experience:

Some bars give better ride comfort. E.g. Fender, front strut, ARB..these bars make the suspension to work more, thus absorbing most of the energy instead of transferring them to the chasis. Thus the "softer" feeling and less jumpy

But when the whole car is too rigid and the suspension is hard, its going to be bumpy lol especially on uneven highway

Safety wise...like ixeo mentioned, nobody has did a crash test. No, the one that actually crashed doesnt count coz they cant repeat that crash. Test and science must be something that you can recreate. I believe somehow the chasis is a lot more rigid and harder to protect the people inside. But this would cause greater shocks as the impulse force would be higher

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Choice number 2 and 3 is like almost the same. Both also involves blocking the 200kmh guy at behind...

Malaysia also can do 300kmh...
160 to 300km GTR R35 in malaysia - YouTube
Depends on what car, if your car can reach 300km/h fast then is possible to tekan for that short while. If a car that takes years to climb up speed, then u need a longer stretch to reach that speed.

If I were looking for an opportunity to move to the middle lane - that doesn't make me a road hog.

Stupidcar was saying going speed limit on the fast lane. That's road hogging if you're going to stay there.

Agree on that, cuz some road hoggers, even the road is empty they just hog the right lane and not giving way. Is like "Fuck u, u want to overtake, then just overtake from middle lane, I'm staying within speed limit"

If you can give way, then give way, if can't give way, then ignore the guy behind tailing u until you have are safe to move to the middle lane. No need speed up or cut into the middle lane immediately.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I wanted to say those who stay on speed limit on the right most lane is wrong.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Fark, I was like reading a few times and trying to digest what you posted earlier.......hahahhahaha:rofl:
LOL! 1st time see vr2turbo cursing :rofl:

TheDuckster

Known Member
Jun 18, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
forum.lowyat.net
I wanted to say those who stay on speed limit on the right most lane is wrong.
it's wrong only coz u will kena camera speedtrap. right lane and 110km/h don't go in the same sentence, and strut bars/tower bars won't help in increasing top speed or save u from front collision :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Depends on what car, if your car can reach 300km/h fast then is possible to tekan for that short while. If a car that takes years to climb up speed, then u need a longer stretch to reach that speed.
That is the point. I often hear things like this from my friends when I tell them about fast cars. Always will say "malaysia where can go so fast la, sure infront got car or pothole". I ask them back whether have they taken the acceleration time into consideration. I'll say these cars take a few seconds to reach over 100kmh or 200kmh unlike normal cars. Most of them kept quiet after that. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
One more thing about bars. These bars are metal - they add weight. A LOT of weight. I dunno about Myvi specifically since I only have the torsion beam strengthener (ARB sort of), but on my Wira I had the full set of bars and the rear ARB alone was heavy like mad. The front one no need to imagine is even heavier than the rear one. Then the two side bars are slightly lighter than the bars of my dumbells, front and rear struts are the lightest cuz they are hollow, but even then they are still weighty and add to the cars weight.

So many bars is like sticking 2 cartons of dynamat dampening material. HEAVY. That weight will more than likely be obvious in a stock car.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
One more thing about bars. These bars are metal - they add weight. A LOT of weight. I dunno about Myvi specifically since I only have the torsion beam strengthener (ARB sort of), but on my Wira I had the full set of bars and the rear ARB alone was heavy like mad. The front one no need to imagine is even heavier than the rear one. Then the two side bars are slightly lighter than the bars of my dumbells, front and rear struts are the lightest cuz they are hollow, but even then they are still weighty and add to the cars weight.

So many bars is like sticking 2 cartons of dynamat dampening material. HEAVY. That weight will more than likely be obvious in a stock car.
I thought there are aluminium bars out there? But aluminium might not be strong like metal... BTW, how about CF bars? Are there any of those?

Like this one here... Decoration or CF?

Attachments

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Real CF are really expensive woh!....
This one I'm not sure. The one at pic is friend's father's car. He claimed his dad opened halfcut shop business but I'm not sure how true is that because he seems to be rather secretive when he talks about his father. Maybe get from halfcut...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a feature of MadMike's MadBul, the awesome FD3S equipped with 26B normally aspirated rotary engine pushing upwards of 600 horses. This is arguably the epitome of rotary and FD3S goodness, the sound of it is ungodly awesome and in my honest opinion puts any engine to shame.

MadMike with MadBul...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience