Do Ultra Racing Bars increase Car Safety?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
the CF strut bar is exclusive for Subaru STI model...it was very light....but regarding the stiffness still more or less similar as the subaru aluminium bar....

if compared to proper tough steel like UR bar...because due to rigid design UR bar should fared better...

what is ATR bar ???
The one in pic was a Legacy. But I think the mounting are same for both Legacy and Impreza. BTW, are you a owner of a Subaru car? You seemed to be knowledgeable at it.

ATR is Anti-Roll bar?

He too into the ATR Sports tyres.....:thefinger:

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Full CF parts saw them in F1 cars.....:driver:
ATR Sports getting too popular lately after SC continuously promoting it.

The sky is the limit when it comes to $ for modding. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No one has had the motivation to do it. Where's the gain? Anyway I remember seeing UR doing a comparison between its original bars vs copies and imitation bars, the quality and finishing was significantly different in terms of the mounting points and welded joints. To me that's plenty enough to believe that UR makes better products in terms of quality.

In terms of usage it's all about using your own judgment and deciding which one will work best for you.

ARB la kns... confusing people. And that ARB you're talking about is the Myvi ARB from 3Max. That one has had issues with the mounting points tearing off. Having said that there has been problems with the UR thicker 19mm (or was it 21?) ARB being too stiff and tearing the mounting points off too.

Some cars just weren't designed to be that stiff la.. Look at the H-beam design for the rear crossmember. It's not designed to be stiff and probably has to twist a bit. Stiffening it with all these bars will not produce any good results la. That's my 2 cents worth of opinions though.

And get into trouble with possibly people suing them? UR has always been very very cautious with their business approach. Which also explains how they can maintain their premium price compared to their competitors.
That's what made me confused. Some say UR some say 3Max. I totally do not know what or whom to believe. I heard of mounting points tear off by using 3Max.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
No one has had the motivation to do it. Where's the gain? Anyway I remember seeing UR doing a comparison between its original bars vs copies and imitation bars, the quality and finishing was significantly different in terms of the mounting points and welded joints. To me that's plenty enough to believe that UR makes better products in terms of quality.

In terms of usage it's all about using your own judgment and deciding which one will work best for you.

Some cars just weren't designed to be that stiff la.. Look at the H-beam design for the rear crossmember. It's not designed to be stiff and probably has to twist a bit. Stiffening it with all these bars will not produce any good results la. That's my 2 cents worth of opinions though.

Agreed, in term of quality UR do have the upper hand. But that does not mean it function the best.
Its because they have bar for most make and model so people turn to UR.

About installing on the car. The driver must first know what is he looking for and install one at a time.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

ARB la kns... confusing people. And that ARB you're talking about is the Myvi ARB from 3Max. That one has had issues with the mounting points tearing off. Having said that there has been problems with the UR thicker 19mm (or was it 21?) ARB being too stiff and tearing the mounting points off too.

And get into trouble with possibly people suing them? UR has always been very very cautious with their business approach. Which also explains how they can maintain their premium price compared to their competitors.

The one in pic was a Legacy. But I think the mounting are same for both Legacy and Impreza. BTW, are you a owner of a Subaru car? You seemed to be knowledgeable at it.

ATR is Anti-Roll bar?

ATR Sports getting too popular lately after SC continuously promoting it.

The sky is the limit when it comes to $ for modding. :biggrin:

if ARB...i would say doesnt really matter which factory/brand...but the stiffness/size does matter.....so whichever brand provide the best really a matter of preference...but so far i think UR got the best option and most complete package..... :listen: even mighty car mods (youtube mechanic oversea) use UR products on their car...

BTW, UR only produces bars? Anything else for cars?

the produce bars mainly........but i heard they can cater almost any metal work you requested them to do....but with a price to pay lah :driver::biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Disagree bro SC. The 3MAX rear ARB design is different compare to UR. And you look at the front lower brace bar, UR (4points) & Dsport (6points). The Dsport having a better design and the performance should be different. Need bro Ixeo to clarify this.

@cvkit, previously saw ppl post at forum saying that the 3Max rear ARB is good but the mounting points broke or cracked due to 3Max design. Too many force to the mounting and causes it breaks.
Oh, okay. Thats new to me.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh, okay. Thats new to me.
If you look at the design of the bars, 3max uses the standard droplink - antiroll bar - connected to lower arm design. It's sort of working in tandem with the torsion beam. So the rear design from "H" pattern is now a "U" design (sort of) with the majority of the body roll being transferred to and from the drop link / ARB. That's a lotta force so if you drive hard enough, the anchor points where it's connected to the chassis will end up absorbing most if not all of the forces, therefore snap or tear.

The thick UR torsion beam strengther same concept, reduce body roll by being stiff and again the anchor points are the ones that take all the force, therefore snap/break with enough force.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If you look at the design of the bars, 3max uses the standard droplink - antiroll bar - connected to lower arm design. It's sort of working in tandem with the torsion beam. So the rear design from "H" pattern is now a "U" design (sort of) with the majority of the body roll being transferred to and from the drop link / ARB. That's a lotta force so if you drive hard enough, the anchor points where it's connected to the chassis will end up absorbing most if not all of the forces, therefore snap or tear.

The thick UR torsion beam strengther same concept, reduce body roll by being stiff and again the anchor points are the ones that take all the force, therefore snap/break with enough force.
ARB in H design? I check and see got U design only?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello brother,
Hope your are fine.

My car's Crown Wheel and Pinion is damage:(( crying its setting inside of ACD Transfer Case / Box

i added 2 sample picture.

Here is my Cars Details :

Name : Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8
Model : 2003
Engine : 4g63 hp3437 (Turbo)
Chassis : ct9a 0202466
Transmission : 6 Speed manual gear (6Front+1Rear)
(All time 4 Wheel)
please help me where i can get the crown wheel and pinion or if u have please contact with me .

Thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience