Calling the people with E-manage on their 20v.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
e-manage first,port polish need to remove head,take a lot of time,and if done wrongly will damage the head,as well as the low end performance,p&p also not cheap...
E-Manage first ? Meaning after port & polish, no need to re-tune ? :hmmmm:

If you do yourself then it's cheap,but it will take some time to do it nicely.Just spend money buying a few grinding stones and new head gasket (or a top gasket set)..maybe a few hundred RMs.Do not overport the 20v head,you will suffer low end torque..no point you get power gain at 7k-8k rpm but losing 1-3k rpm for a daily driver.
For polishing, I understand the need of for the grinding stones but for porting also use grinding stone ? You sure, bro ? :hmmmm:

Do not over port meaning how big ? How do you justify the port size ?

Please teach me, bro.:adore: Thanks.

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
ya lor ...how to measure also leh ....
i wanna build a drag 4age lor ......so...any idea bro cusco ?

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Yes,after port polish need re-tune e-manage

Grinding stone is for porting,flap wheel for polishing,and further using finishing wheel if want more good surface.If want to remove a lot of metal then use file.

Porting is a black art,so no way i can say how much to remove,how big...sometimes its the shape that matter..thats why every tuner have different results,the objective is to improve airflow,it is good to check the airflow first before porting and after porting.You need a flow bench to do that..

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Yes,after port polish need re-tune e-manage

Grinding stone is for porting,flap wheel for polishing,and further using finishing wheel if want more good surface.If want to remove a lot of metal then use file.

Porting is a black art,so no way i can say how much to remove,how big...sometimes its the shape that matter..thats why every tuner have different results,the objective is to improve airflow,it is good to check the airflow first before porting and after porting.You need a flow bench to do that..
If we need to re-tune the e-manage after P&P, then why install the e-manage first ? In that case, we'd have to fork out money to re-tune it again, wor.

What is "flow bench" ?:hmmmm:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
I also found out from the Club 4AG site that the BT's ports are factory polished. Meaning it's already polished by the factory. So no further polishing is required, unless you think you can do a better job that the factory lar...Hehehe.

Pls refer to this site to check for further info:

Club4AG - Tuned Toyota Automobile Enthusiasts

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
aha
If we need to re-tune the e-manage after P&P, then why install the e-manage first ? In that case, we'd have to fork out money to re-tune it again, wor.

What is "flow bench" ?:hmmmm:
Haha,sorry ...my bad,i forgot the tuning fees (i tune myself so that wouldnt count,so i forgot bout tuning fees)

Flow bench is a device which u can measure the airflow through your cylinder head,you can buy one but its not cheap,or perhaps can diy...Search for 'Superflow' in yahoo...

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
hmmm...i know the head for BT is already port ...dun we port it a bit and port the valve lubang cn make more air/fuel in....more smooth....then coupe wit emanage to set it ....tis is how i feel lah....

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
aha

Haha,sorry ...my bad,i forgot the tuning fees (i tune myself so that wouldnt count,so i forgot bout tuning fees)

Flow bench is a device which u can measure the airflow through your cylinder head,you can buy one but its not cheap,or perhaps can diy...Search for 'Superflow' in yahoo...
Hahaha. No wonder lar, you talk like as if it's so easy. You're sifu mar, you can tune yourself. We amateurs have to pay people to tune it for us, so we've to consider about the fees.

Thanks for the explanation, bro:wink:. No way I can DIY a complex job like that. :listen: Change spark plugs or headlight bulbs can lar. Hehehe.

hmmm...i know the head for BT is already port ...dun we port it a bit and port the valve lubang cn make more air/fuel in....more smooth....then [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]coupe[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] wit emanage to set it ....tis is how i feel lah....
It's polished, bro. Not ported. Hehehe. I think unless you're very sure of what you're doing or else you'd better leave it to someone who knows. I had a friend who ported his cylinder head in a DIY attempt (sent it to a foundry to port) but his own "secret recipe" spec lar. After the port & polish, not only the car no power, some more damn makan minyak !:laugh::laugh:

Last-last, have to fork out money to buy another head some more !:laugh:

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
ya lor ..tis is wat i scare of also ...since only stock cam ...coz if change cam then more air will enter due to the duration and lift....how much agak agak if we wanna install the emange wit ignition harness ah ....bout 1500 ???

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
ya lor ..tis is wat i scare of also ...since only stock cam ...coz if change cam then more air will enter due to the duration and lift....how much agak agak if we wanna install the emange wit ignition harness ah ....bout 1500 ???
Yup, I've checked with some shops around Sunway. It's about there, +-.

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
alrite.....i think i will ask my boss izzit ok to port ...then i consider...next year angpow money faster come .....hahaha

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Actually BT's head is ported and polished a little when compared to SVT. However, its just basic stuff... not like TRD spec or Type R heads. I think BT's head can be improved a little with P&P and also polishing the ITBs. You may also want to consider getting oversized valves and uprated valve springs too.. then 10000rpm is around the corner =)

For normal P&P, I was quoted RM400 for the job alone... not including removal and re-installing the head + gaskets. So it should be around RM500-600 I guess... As for Stage 2 P&P, its not advisable for street usage and needs aftermarket cams, cam pulley and ECU.

As for E-man first or P&P first, I'd say P&P first coz its cheaper and you'd have to retune after P&P. Also, you can tune it harder after P&P, which improves overall gain. Another thing about E-man is not everyone can tune it properly. Most ppl claim to be able to tune it but they will only do the basic stuff... like my case, my tuner only did airflow and ignition map. I also had knocking issues and some jerking... but I managed to solve it myself with a laptop.

Sifu cusco, you do selftuning ah? Hows the result? And what wideband are you using? LC-1?

Calling sife 7Heaven, when you coming to Ipoh? Wanna download your E-man setting file and test test... hehe Or if you can download it yourself, send it to me la...

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
icic thx for the sharing bro ...now i know wat to do .....
Btw, I suggest getting E-man Blue with ignition harness. If can, get the injector harness as well... or just DIY all the harness like what I did :listen:
If you got cash to spend on E-man Ultimate, might as well get standalone such as Megasquirt or Protec. My tuner in Ipoh quoted me RM2k for Protec standalone + installation + tuning :burnout:

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
I just fitted the E-man,not yet tuned,all figures are zero,that is because i dont have laptop,haha...I borrow my friend one but now he's out of town,about the wideband,not yet have one,but LC-1 coming real soon :-).I have the airflow,ignition and acceleration map enabled.Ver 1.49

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm looking for a shop that's really good at what they are doing.
Especially those that really understands VW 1.4TSI(Jetta).
Minimum potong potong la... Socket are better right?
Those imported don't do welded coz it's harder to ship or there's another reason to it.

Some says that for 1.4TSI 3.0" would lowered it's "pick up"
If it's so then what's the best size?

Those European DP don't have anything for Jetta.
Prefers not too noisy. Just wants it to fart.
If I'm doing this I need...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience