Calling the people with E-manage on their 20v.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
alrite.....i think i will ask my boss izzit ok to port ...then i consider...next year angpow money faster come .....hahaha

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Actually BT's head is ported and polished a little when compared to SVT. However, its just basic stuff... not like TRD spec or Type R heads. I think BT's head can be improved a little with P&P and also polishing the ITBs. You may also want to consider getting oversized valves and uprated valve springs too.. then 10000rpm is around the corner =)

For normal P&P, I was quoted RM400 for the job alone... not including removal and re-installing the head + gaskets. So it should be around RM500-600 I guess... As for Stage 2 P&P, its not advisable for street usage and needs aftermarket cams, cam pulley and ECU.

As for E-man first or P&P first, I'd say P&P first coz its cheaper and you'd have to retune after P&P. Also, you can tune it harder after P&P, which improves overall gain. Another thing about E-man is not everyone can tune it properly. Most ppl claim to be able to tune it but they will only do the basic stuff... like my case, my tuner only did airflow and ignition map. I also had knocking issues and some jerking... but I managed to solve it myself with a laptop.

Sifu cusco, you do selftuning ah? Hows the result? And what wideband are you using? LC-1?

Calling sife 7Heaven, when you coming to Ipoh? Wanna download your E-man setting file and test test... hehe Or if you can download it yourself, send it to me la...

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
icic thx for the sharing bro ...now i know wat to do .....
Btw, I suggest getting E-man Blue with ignition harness. If can, get the injector harness as well... or just DIY all the harness like what I did :listen:
If you got cash to spend on E-man Ultimate, might as well get standalone such as Megasquirt or Protec. My tuner in Ipoh quoted me RM2k for Protec standalone + installation + tuning :burnout:

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
I just fitted the E-man,not yet tuned,all figures are zero,that is because i dont have laptop,haha...I borrow my friend one but now he's out of town,about the wideband,not yet have one,but LC-1 coming real soon :-).I have the airflow,ignition and acceleration map enabled.Ver 1.49

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I just fitted the E-man,not yet tuned,all figures are zero,that is because i dont have laptop,haha...I borrow my friend one but now he's out of town,about the wideband,not yet have one,but LC-1 coming real soon :-).I have the airflow,ignition and acceleration map enabled.Ver 1.49
I see...... 1.49 user here too! Btw, do you experience any knocking at the moment? Although all zeros on ignition map, mine had knocking from 2krpm to 4krpm. Coz I think the original ECU will reduce ignition below zero on lower revs.. not sure though.

Btw, I also assume you had to enable the injector map too right? Only this will allow to "tick" the accel map =)

Oh... LC-1, how much you gonna pay for it? I'm hunting for one too... but not cheap weh... can cost as much as the E-man kit itself! :banghead:
Also, you should checkout Emanage Alpha Tools as I read that it has autotune features when there's wideband o2 controller input to the boost sensor on E-man.

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
wat is the different wit greedy e-mange and trust e-manage...sumore got e-mange ulti.....fulamak...pening pening ...

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Yes i tick the injector map also,wired both injector and ignition harness.Right now no knocking,but since i seldom drive the car,i can verify u for sure,coz i only drive it like 15-20min a day,whack it all the time,hehe...LC-1 would cost around 1.3-1.4k nowadays..The autotune features available on gold version i think,not sure..I'll check on the net

Trust and Greddy same la bro...Emanage got blue and Ultimate one,Ultimate much better than blue,and much more expensive..above 2k.Check mohdparts.com for more info..

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Cusco, I see... so you paid over 1k for LC-1? Got lubangz? LOL... as for gold version, 1.49 is already gold version, right? The autotune program is not Greddy's software, it was done by someone on open source.

Ya... Trust and Greddy are the same. There are many types of E-manage such as:
Blue ver1/ver2
Gold
Ultimate (Silver/chrome) ver1/2/3

...also got V-manage (red).

Actually Ultimate is one of the best piggyback ECU in the market as it supports two maps, one for normal driving and one for racing. There's a dip switch on the unit where you can switch between the two maps. It also has speed cut, rev cut, autotune, knock sensor input and etc. Bro, dont be lazy la... just visit Greddy's website and read about the products :)

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
icic...not lazy...i dun know how to search....always search they give me rubbish ....haiz.....i mostly search on automotive knowledge...function,purpose and etc....i not a old bird ...so take some times for me to get to it ...

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
How much your budget for the LC-1,i've seen in local mag millenium motorsports wana sell LM-1 for 1.5k,if buy from internet also cost more than that.The LM-1 too big for me,LC-1 smaller and simple.

Owh,open source,hmm...i'll check that out..

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
How much your budget for the LC-1,i've seen in local mag millenium motorsports wana sell LM-1 for 1.5k,if buy from internet also cost more than that.The LM-1 too big for me,LC-1 smaller and simple.

Owh,open source,hmm...i'll check that out..
Yeah... LM-1 is too bulky... not suited for permanent fixture. Thats why I'm aiming for LC-1. My budget is not high la... looking for used unit only. I hope I can get it from ebay.

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Calling bro 7Heaven, when will you be back to Ipoh? Wanna download your e-manage setting file lah. So that we can share each others setting for BT. Btw, what version is your e-manage?

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Hi all sifus,

hey 2 old 2 rusty, I'm driving blacktop auto too. Just minor mods like extractor and piping. But very big fuel consumption la. Are all blacktop auto like that?

I'm planning to masuk an e-manage also sometime next week. But afraid the fuel consumption will go over the roof.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Hi all sifus,

hey 2 old 2 rusty, I'm driving blacktop auto too. Just minor mods like extractor and piping. But very big fuel consumption la. Are all blacktop auto like that?

I'm planning to masuk an e-manage also sometime next week. But afraid the fuel consumption will go over the roof.
I don't know about others but mine's quite thirsty ! I can only get an average of 7.5 km/liter for town driving !:bawling:

But I checked with my friend who's driving a Honda Civic EG with a B16a auto, the fuel consumption's about the same wor.

That is not because of the E-Manage. It was about the same before I installed the e-manage. I just wanted it to respond better in the 1-3k rpm range with the e-manage.

So don't worry about that, if it's tune right.:biggrin:

BDK8671

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
haha ....emanage ...yeah !!!
i am the one of user .....using it abt 1-2 years ....so far so good ....

can i know .......if i plug off the batt. ....will the programme will run off ......even i got use the ignition harness …:stupid::stupid:

anyone know it ? :confused:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
haha ....emanage ...yeah !!!
i am the one of user .....using it abt 1-2 years ....so far so good ....

can i know .......if i plug off the batt. ....will the programme will run off ......even i got use the ignition harness …:stupid::stupid:

anyone know it ? :confused:
No, it will affect not anything even if you unplugged the battery, bro. I'm also using the ignition harness.

I've also asked the same question prior to my installation. My tuner assured that it'll not effect the the memory.

BDK8671

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
Thanks bro..... cuz i oso hear got ppl say :listen:...the programme will run after u remove the batt. connector ....

juz need to hear from others user oni ....hehe ....:biggrin:

No, it will affect not anything even if you unplugged the battery, bro. I'm also using the ignition harness.

I've also asked the same question prior to my installation. My tuner assured that it'll not effect the the memory.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
2old,
why ur fc is quite not up to par..
mine BT auto.. can go up to 10~11km/L ... stock BT .. jsut k&N filter + trd cables..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can a GTO twin turbos fitted into a satria

do anyone know is there any after market product for GTO cause i can't find any high cams for the engine can anyone helpme out here

TQ :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience