• Toyota Altezza SXE10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If I do so, I might risk killing my engine. I'm surprised that you manage to run it for one month. The air in our country is so dusty plus you are living in a city area. I thought without a filter, all sorts of things can enter the engine which can kill the engine fast. BTW, how much hp gain do you think this kind of filterless setup can gain?
Gain not much la. But less restriction and with my engine mods it made it very easy to rev and made a helluva lot of induction noise. Top end was easier to rev too. Otherwise I lost low end torque doing this setup. Only really good for track I think. Nothing worries me more than killing my engine la. So if you've seen my intake setup you'll know big rocks will never get in that easily la. The biggest I've ever managed to suck in however is the size of a 5 cent coin. Which admittedly is alarmingly large but it got caught in my weavey intake setup (thankfully). Probably one of the reasons why I don't run filterless anymore.

Where u get the metal sheet!!! i want one too.. thought of redesigning few pipes for intakes and oil cooler to redirect the air from the front. Please please please tell me...
I bought my sheets from a hardware shop that had large planks of wood and all that for sale. But it wasn't a readily available sheet of metal, I had to order it through the shop.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Gain not much la. But less restriction and with my engine mods it made it very easy to rev and made a helluva lot of induction noise. Top end was easier to rev too. Otherwise I lost low end torque doing this setup. Only really good for track I think. Nothing worries me more than killing my engine la. So if you've seen my intake setup you'll know big rocks will never get in that easily la. The biggest I've ever managed to suck in however is the size of a 5 cent coin. Which admittedly is alarmingly large but it got caught in my weavey intake setup (thankfully). Probably one of the reasons why I don't run filterless anymore.

I bought my sheets from a hardware shop that had large planks of wood and all that for sale. But it wasn't a readily available sheet of metal, I had to order it through the shop.
Between no filter and independent throttle body, which one do you think is better overall? I mean like can make the engine last longer.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Er.. so did he buy the SXE10 in the end? And you thread hijackers go create your own thread laaaa. I click here to read the outcome of BMW vs Lexus

Of late, every topic turns into a topic about Izso's car or his mods. Please lah, his car is not as interesting as his rear boot. Least that would be a topic worth penetrating into. And rather than talking about his sheet metal, you should check out his metal rod. Aiyoh.

hgbee

Known Member
Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Er.. so did he buy the SXE10 in the end? And you thread hijackers go create your own thread laaaa. I click here to read the outcome of BMW vs Lexus

Of late, every topic turns into a topic about Izso's car or his mods. Please lah, his car is not as interesting as his rear boot. Least that would be a topic worth penetrating into. And rather than talking about his sheet metal, you should check out his metal rod. Aiyoh.
But i can at least learn a thing or two :D

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Not sure if this has been posted (too lazy too skim 9 pages hahaha).

Are those two the cars that you chose or your parents offered?

If your parents offer those choices.... you lucky bastard hahahah...

But if you choose, I'd suggest get something that is easier to get parts, cheaper to maintain and somewhat worry less about scratches, dents and etc.

I think most post covered mechanical parts. Do bare in mind if those 2 if kena bang / get scratch / dented probably gonna cost more as compared to other cars I suppose. Even if you have insurance, still its kinda stressful. Kalau kereta biasa pun tension, apatah lagi car like those :banghead:

Since you mentioned that you'll be working part time, I'm afraid that you might not be able to cope up with the finances. By the end of the day, wrong move kereta and study ke laut hahaha...

Last edited:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

hgbee

Known Member
Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Not sure if this has been posted (too lazy too skim 9 pages hahaha).

Are those two the cars that you chose or your parents offered?

If your parents offer those choices.... you lucky bastard hahahah...

But if you choose, I'd suggest get something that is easier to get parts, cheaper to maintain and somewhat worry less about scratches, dents and etc.

I think most post covered mechanical parts. Do bare in mind if those 2 if kena bang / get scratch / dented probably gonna cost more as compared to other cars I suppose. Even if you have insurance, still its kinda stressful. Kalau kereta biasa pun tension, apatah lagi car like those :banghead:

Since you mentioned that you'll be working part time, I'm afraid that you might not be able to cope up with the finances. By the end of the day, wrong move kereta and study ke laut hahaha...
It was not what my parents offered xD like i told iszo i was a bit naive thinking i could afford and maintain one of these cars. I'll consider something cheaper.

And mod your 320i or Altezza later. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
It was not what my parents offered xD like i told iszo i was a bit naive thinking i could afford and maintain one of these cars. I'll consider something cheaper.
Because your brother went and poison you something luxury la :rofl: :rofl:

Getting Izso's wira would be a good start and platform to learn more things. At least more affordable to play around and maintain.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For all those car lover out there:

Im currently distibuting the new product from overseas to any of u that business in car care that make the car that been apply look dame preety!

It is a polish that when apply to to your car and will be giving a 5 year guaranty (not warranty) that your car will shine like hell.!!!!!!!!!!!

It is suitable to all those metallic and even 2k colour paint.
Dame nice, it is a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience