4g93 Mivec Turbo Waja project(Many pictures be warned)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeah im using tesco oil on my proton quite long time...

it works ok and price is ok too...no problem using it as long as stick to below 5k OCI for mineral version oil....

plus no worries on recycled famous brand oil from sparepart shop...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Anyway, some updates!

Just wish the brakes are slightly larger though, the discs still does not fill up my rim as much as I want to, but oh well, can't complain too much I guess considering they were from the early 90's.
Is okay dy, Yours with 15" rims, any bigger your calipers might not clear. Mine are same size disc on 17", and of 5 spokes design, I can even put my large hands in to wash the inside of the rims.....lol

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Is okay dy, Yours with 15" rims, any bigger your calipers might not clear. Mine are same size disc on 17", and of 5 spokes design, I can even put my large hands in to wash the inside of the rims.....lol
Dunno, I think I'm just jealous of my friend's Skyline brakes on his Sentra with 15" :laugh:

Check it out!

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Some updates,

Just bought some sweet MIVEC gear ratios. With this now my 1st-2nd gear shift would be much better hopefully.

My current ratios are like this, 8400rpm drop to 4565rpm on shifting from 1st to 2nd gear

With the MIVEC ratios, from 8400rpm to 5326rpm , much better than 4565rpm lol

Also, just a few days back on the way to work I boosted slightly into 3rd gear and right after lifting off, I have no power steering nor aircond compressor, reached work and found out the tensioner pulley had somehow came loose, so used my company tools and fixed it when I reached work. Cannot tahan weyh drive home without power steering or aircond :laugh:

Reactions: Kevinho

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Some updates,

Just bought some sweet MIVEC gear ratios. With this now my 1st-2nd gear shift would be much better hopefully.

My current ratios are like this, 8400rpm drop to 4565rpm on shifting from 1st to 2nd gear

With the MIVEC ratios, from 8400rpm to 5326rpm , much better than 4565rpm lol

Also, just a few days back on the way to work I boosted slightly into 3rd gear and right after lifting off, I have no power steering nor aircond compressor, reached work and found out the tensioner pulley had somehow came loose, so used my company tools and fixed it when I reached work. Cannot tahan weyh drive home without power steering or aircond :laugh:

Very manja one eh cannot live without power steering...i understand the aircond part...hehehehe.

your company uses Snap On...wow.
guess soe of it is missing already or at your house

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Very manja one eh cannot live without power steering...i understand the aircond part...hehehehe.

your company uses Snap On...wow.
guess soe of it is missing already or at your house
It's not like normal kancil without power steering man, even a normal highway curve have to wrestle the steering wheel pretty hard without power steering weyh. And yeah most aviation companies uses Snap-On haha. And no la, tools missing I'm the first one to die got la :laugh:

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Wah! nice woh, everything aviation stuffs......
Pinjam from kerja jerr, I wish they were mine haha

Anyway, some updates, car came out from the workshop already and am very happy on the work done so far. Changed my 1st gear ratio, so now the gears are closer, makes 1-2 shifts much nicer, but starting off bogs the car down more now since the 1st gear is longer, coupled with my long final drive makes it even worse. Also swapped the LSD from the more aggressive 45deg cam angle to the lesser aggressive 35deg cam angle. Poured in the Cusco LSD oil I purchased from Japan and damn the LSD works superb now. Everyday driving improved tremendously, the diff feels like a standard diff now in the sense that it does not chatter but will still lock up when there's enough torque. Should've done this since day one!

Swapping the ratios, alot more complicated than it seems

LSD NOT in the 45deg cam. The 35deg cam is not seen in any of the holes.

How your gear synchro engagement teeth is NOT supposed to look like....

Cusco oil mouuu

And right after the car came out, my monoblock died. hopefully it can be fixed, trying to fix it now

Bonus video

Also took the opportunity to overhaul almost completely my aircond system, changed the cooling coil, condenser, expansion valve and receiver dryer. Now the aircond is super cold even in extremely hot afternoons. About time I gave the aircond system an overhaul considering it was 17 years old already....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone out there,,

IS it 4g93p block same with GSR 4g93 Turbo block

im lost ma custom form laa for the turbo block,,
so is it ok if i use 4g93p (n/a turbo block) but use all the turbo piston,, olny block n/a turbo..

is it ok
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience