Which is the best for Proton Putra ???

Sep 19, 2014
Selangor
Hi everyone, currently I'm planning to buy a Proton Putra & rite now I'm in a total confusion :banghead: because as far as I came over many advert on Proton Putra for sale on the website I saw most of them fitted DOCH engine, some of them with GSR engine & only a few of them fitted with MIVEC engine. My question is which is the best in terms of performance, maintenance & of course fuel economy ??? I also got saw some is fitted with GSR Turbo engine but I haven't came across MIVEC fitted with Turbo.
But currently I'm more concern & interested with GSR Turbo & MIVEC. So I want to know which 1 is the "BEST" in term of the several aspects that I mentioned previously. The reason why I raise this question is because I'm buying the car with personal loan & I don't want to buy the wrong car & suffer throughout my entire life. All the sifu's & pro's out there, all your ideas & opinions are welcome. Tqvm. :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi everyone, currently I'm planning to buy a Proton Putra & rite now I'm in a total confusion :banghead: because as far as I came over many advert on Proton Putra for sale on the website I saw most of them fitted DOCH engine, some of them with GSR engine & only a few of them fitted with MIVEC engine. My question is which is the best in terms of performance, maintenance & of course fuel economy ??? I also got saw some is fitted with GSR Turbo engine but I haven't came across MIVEC fitted with Turbo.
But currently I'm more concern & interested with GSR Turbo & MIVEC. So I want to know which 1 is the "BEST" in term of the several aspects that I mentioned previously. The reason why I raise this question is because I'm buying the car with personal loan & I don't want to buy the wrong car & suffer throughout my entire life. All the sifu's & pro's out there, all your ideas & opinions are welcome. Tqvm. :biggrin:

if u prefer NA then get the 1.8+mivec setup done....

if want turbo but also mivec...get the kacuk gsr+mivec head one... (hardly up for sale but u can alway do it when u got the car later) <--- this need atleast a car with gsr engine already transplanted...save the headache to register new engine block

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hmmmm, suffer throughout my entire life?? that sounds so serious.....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If u dont want to suffer then buy a stock standard putra.
and,there is no such thing as super power and good fc in an engine.

additional advise...u are buying an old car so be cautios with the condition of the body.
i do suggest u do a proper check to the body of the car u intend to buy.
a crack,rusty,broken, body part are very hard to live with daily and u might suffer throuh your entire life.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
What is wrong with stock putra anyway??
Is it so hard to live with a stock putra??

In many years to come when putra become a classic car, I am sure a stock putra is much sought after that a modded putra.
of course, this is just me......

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
What is wrong with stock putra anyway??
Is it so hard to live with a stock putra??

In many years to come when putra become a classic car, I am sure a stock putra is much sought after that a modded putra.
of course, this is just me......
Not just u bro......

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
go buy Darryl white putra for the best putra..

if it ever for sale...

tbh, for old car better stick to no-mod car..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Buy a stock accident-free manual 4G93 Putra. For Putra the key thing is rust and accident free. Then start from there. The stock 4G93 is good enough to last for sometime. Then when gatal, get the "T" in the 4G93T done. That's plenty. Mivecs, GSRs, etc if done incorrectly can be a pain in the ass to maintain and look after.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Buy a stock accident-free manual 4G93 Putra. For Putra the key thing is rust and accident free. Then start from there. The stock 4G93 is good enough to last for sometime. Then when gatal, get the "T" in the 4G93T done. That's plenty. Mivecs, GSRs, etc if done incorrectly can be a pain in the ass to maintain and look after.
That is right. The putra is already pretty light. With 1.8liter engine (and some tweaking), there is plenty of power and pickup even in standard form. This car performs well in the hand of a good driver.

Somehow, Putra is slowly becoming a rare species....

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005

Interest on my NA set up and tuned with e-manage at 150 whp street car?:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
y not consider Satria GTI instead, 99-2001 batch with MMC ECU
Maybe because Satria GTI din't have that coupe look? Besides, Satria GTI is risky since it is a thief magnet... But both Putra and Satria GTI are also using the C99 chassis isn't it?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Maybe because Satria GTI din't have that coupe look? Besides, Satria GTI is risky since it is a thief magnet... But both Putra and Satria GTI are also using the C99 chassis isn't it?
the putra is also a thief magnet....almost as bad as the GTi :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,
How much will it cost to install power steering on my iswara? And any trusted shop in
Kuching? Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience