Which is the best for Proton Putra ???

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
the putra is also a thief magnet....almost as bad as the GTi :P
True to that. Another point that I forgot about Putra is, no matter how, Putra is still the C99 Putra. As for Satria GTi, it could be a convert from 1.3 or 1.5 or 1.6 Satria. People will always know that the Putra is genuine while for Satria GTi, not exactly...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the putra is also a thief magnet....almost as bad as the GTi :P
both cars are thief magnet. I believe GTi is more thief magnet than Putra, becoz GTi parts are direct and esy swap with Satria 1.3, 1,5....thus more demand on Gti parts....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
both cars are thief magnet. I believe GTi is more thief magnet than Putra, becoz GTi parts are direct and esy swap with Satria 1.3, 1,5....thus more demand on Gti parts....
Mostly are things like bodykits if it is for Satria... Other internal parts (engine, suspension,brakes) are mostly interchangeable between Wira, Satria and Putra... Or perhaps I shall include the odd one here too, Arena. :rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Bro Renesis, dont forget the super odd-ball.........Proton Juara.

I would certainly be lost of words to describe this Juara...everytime, anytime.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bro Renesis, dont forget the super odd-ball.........Proton Juara.

I would certainly be lost of words to describe this Juara...everytime, anytime.
But Juara's parts are not interchangeable with Wira, Satria, Putra, Arena. But that car is based on a Mitsubishi as well. Called Mitsubishi Townbox.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But Juara's parts are not interchangeable with Wira, Satria, Putra, Arena. But that car is based on a Mitsubishi as well. Called Mitsubishi Townbox.
Firstly, body parts totally cannot use, and juara nickname is Peti Sejuk......hhahahhahahah:rofl:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Firstly, body parts totally cannot use, and juara nickname is Peti Sejuk......hhahahhahahah:rofl:
juara is quite a good car actually...

i think it can start aircond from afar without starting engine..
better nickname would be ice-cream van..

good car at a wrong time..
if it released during this MPV crazy season it would not be so bad...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Now that you've mentioned it, really looks like a fridge. :rofl:

juara is quite a good car actually...

i think it can start aircond from afar without starting engine..
better nickname would be ice-cream van..

good car at a wrong time..
if it released during this MPV crazy season it would not be so bad...
It is not well received here is probably due to it's small size. In Japan, it is fine because it follows up their kei car regulations and it enjoys tax savings. But over here, there is no such regulations which is why people would rather get something bigger like Avanza, Alza or Grand Livina if they want a 7 seater car. Even the recently released Suzuki Jimny 4WD offroad kei car is not really selling that well (that was probably due to it being priced at 70k+ anyway)... Kei sports cars is also rare here like Honda Beat, Daihatsu Copen because they don't really make much sense over here. The only type of kei cars that can do well here are small city cars like Kancil, Kelisa, Kenari, Viva and so on...

Reddevil_3

Sep 19, 2014
Selangor
Hei guys, thanks a lot for all your ideas, opinions & responses !!! :biggrin:
As most of u all said N/A is the " BEST CHOICE" for Putra & I can't deny the FACT but...for your info I'm a teenager & I bet U all know how a teenagers "RIDE" will be !!! :driver:
But don't worry guys because right now I got some ideas & tips from u all that I will use it when I buy the car...at the same time I will check both the car & it's condition thoroughly before I buy it...
Even though I feel satisfied but still there is some curiosity in me kills me... :banghead:
Here is my questions...roughly how much will it cost for full engine overhaul on putra & how long it will take ???
As 1 of the ZTH member said is it possible to TUNE a N/A to 150HP with an E-manage & is will it long-last, reliable & trustworthy ??? Actually how much is putra's stock HP ???
My last question is as 1 more of ZTH member said is it GSR Turbo kacuk with MIVEC engine will long-last, reliable & trustworthy ???
I'm eagerly waiting for ur comments....tqvm

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As most of u all said N/A is the " BEST CHOICE" for Putra & I can't deny the FACT but...for your info I'm a teenager & I bet U all know how a teenagers "RIDE" will be !!! :driver:
I'm concerned with this statement about being a teen. Don't get yourself killed over stupid things like illegal street racing and crap - you kill yourself it'll just be your parents who'll grieve, if you kill other people especially those with family then you'll have to live with that guilt for the rest of your life.

Anyway, people mod their cars for personal satisfaction and make sure you mod handling together with engine power, not just focus on power only.

But don't worry guys because right now I got some ideas & tips from u all that I will use it when I buy the car...at the same time I will check both the car & it's condition thoroughly before I buy it...
If you buy a Penang car or any car that's from the coastlines, look out for rust. And what stupidcar said is true, it's rare to see a non-abused Putra. Better to buy off a reliable source.

Here is my questions...roughly how much will it cost for full engine overhaul on putra & how long it will take ???
Full engine overhaul? On a DOHC? Probably a week and depending on what needs to be changed, anything between 2k to 5k.

My last question is as 1 more of ZTH member said is it GSR Turbo kacuk with MIVEC engine will long-last, reliable & trustworthy ???
I'm eagerly waiting for ur comments....tqvm
No.... you want to rojak the engine and still want reliability? Turbo will be a major consideration for reliability which is why everyone here recommended NA to you. Stock is the most reliable.

Long lasting depends on how you treat the engine - service on time, use good oils, change worn seals and gaskets at regular intervals, etc. And DOHC engines are not cheap to maintain. So unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, forget about cheap and cheerful when it comes to maintaining a stock Putra. You're better off with a Wira 4G15/4G18. Parts are almost half as cheap but less go-power la.

Reddevil_3

Sep 19, 2014
Selangor
Well now I get a clear picture...Don't worry I will focus on both performance & handling I'm modified & tuning the car...once again thanks alot !!! :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I am dreadful to imagine how a teenager's ride would be like today.

I still remember my ride was a pink mini bus when I was a teenager....my memory of smell of wet-armpits and late afternoon-sweat-soaked shirt in the mini bus still haunt me till his day.

while teenagers today could buy a car, and already talking about power, performance,modding, modding cost and having car that suit his teenage image....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, im driving a wira manual transmission,i would like to ask u all that had u all ever experience on having difficulties in shifting from 1st gear to second gear? and as i force the gear to be enggage, there'll be a 'grek' sound comming out from the gear box...this problem is muc more serious in the morning and when the engine run hot, the performance improve slightly...Frank to say that i just had my lubicant and clucth set replaced with the new one and the problem seems still...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience