Which is the best for Proton Putra ???

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If you buy a Penang car or any car that's from the coastlines, look out for rust. And what stupidcar said is true, it's rare to see a non-abused Putra. Better to buy off a reliable source.

Long lasting depends on how you treat the engine - service on time, use good oils, change worn seals and gaskets at regular intervals, etc. And DOHC engines are not cheap to maintain. So unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, forget about cheap and cheerful when it comes to maintaining a stock Putra. You're better off with a Wira 4G15/4G18. Parts are almost half as cheap but less go-power la.
Maybe the chances of getting a non-abused Putra is higher if you source for an automatic variant. If the car is in really good condition, then I think it is worthy for a manual gearbox swap....

Don't forget 4G93 guzzles more fuel than 4G15... But I thought 4G18 is only available in Waja? Unless you're saying 4G15 mix with 4G18 crankshaft....

I am dreadful to imagine how a teenager's ride would be like today.

I still remember my ride was a pink mini bus when I was a teenager....my memory of smell of wet-armpits and late afternoon-sweat-soaked shirt in the mini bus still haunt me till his day.

while teenagers today could buy a car, and already talking about power, performance,modding, modding cost and having car that suit his teenage image....
I can almost be considered as a teenager albeit a late one myself too. :biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I am dreadful to imagine how a teenager's ride would be like today.

I still remember my ride was a pink mini bus when I was a teenager....my memory of smell of wet-armpits and late afternoon-sweat-soaked shirt in the mini bus still haunt me till his day.

while teenagers today could buy a car, and already talking about power, performance,modding, modding cost and having car that suit his teenage image....
Well, can't really compare. Time change.
Last time 10 years ago, one char siew pau is 60 cents, now RM1.60.
30-40 years ago, wantanmee <RM2, now RM4.50.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
A good choice for Proton Putra, it looks cooler than a Satria GTi. It was once my dream car but couldn't afford one then, but now I'm too old to want to have it. LoL
Let us be a responsible and courteous driver.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, can't really compare. Time change.
Last time 10 years ago, one char siew pau is 60 cents, now RM1.60.
30-40 years ago, wantanmee <RM2, now RM4.50.
PJ old town can still get wantan mee for RM3.80.....:biggrin:

Yup, times change. Last time 7 kids and 1 car, now 2 kids and 3 cars.....hhahhahahhaha:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yeaah......in some household today, the family members have so many cars until have to park at roadside outside their house...

I even see cases where a family got 9 cars.

What to do? Public transportation is pretty much f@cked in Malaysia...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
yeaah......in some household today, the family members have so many cars until have to park at roadside outside their house...

I even see cases where a family got 9 cars.

What to do? Public transportation is pretty much f@cked in Malaysia...
My kind of situation in my house now... But then again, I'm living with a large family...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Bro Renesis,

You should visit my housing area and see it at night when all the cars are back at home. The house gates cannot be seen, obstructed rows of cars (both sides) are parked bumper to bumper......Some double park. Two lane road become single lane.

Day time during office hour, it is opposite...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bro Renesis,

You should visit my housing area and see it at night when all the cars are back at home. The house gates cannot be seen, obstructed rows of cars (both sides) are parked bumper to bumper......Some double park. Two lane road become single lane.

Your housing area are having two rows of houses facing each other is it? If that is the case, then insufficient parking space is always a problem... For my area, my row is not facing another row. Some house in my row is facing the field and some like mine are facing different row of houses placed vertically instead of horizontally like my row.

You are at KL area?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro Renesis,

Many housing areas in PJ also like that already. Car park until road side and then further away also....:smokin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Your housing area are having two rows of houses facing each other is it? If that is the case, then insufficient parking space is always a problem... For my area, my row is not facing another row. Some house in my row is facing the field and some like mine are facing different row of houses placed vertically instead of horizontally like my row.

You are at KL area?
Yes.... KL area. During CNY, you could see a sea of cars in the neighborhood.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Many housing areas in PJ also like that already. Car park until road side and then further away also....:smokin:
and if luck isnt on your side, the majlis ppl would issue saman to the cars parking at road side.
My fren used to receive saman from the local authority. Every now and then, have to be alert, ready to shift the car when operasi come...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

and if luck isnt on your side, the majlis ppl would issue saman to the cars parking at road side.
My fren used to receive saman from the local authority. Every now and then, have to be alert, ready to shift the car when operasi come...
I thought the other way around, CNY empty all balik kampung.....hahhahhaaha:rofl:

Depends where. PJ mostly guarded area so police won't bother, unless next to town center....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

CNY time is worst at Ipoh. You'll see KL/Selangor cars, Johor cars, Singapore cars and all sorts at Ipoh. I think for the next CNY, there will be like 7 cars in my house....

The authorities at your area seems to have move on to a whole new level. Issuing summons even at housing area? :confused:

I thought the other way around, CNY empty all balik kampung.....hahhahhaaha:rofl:
Yeah, that's what I thought too.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The growing trend is that many folks have gone living in city and town. Younger ones esp.(graduated, and to find job in bright light, big cities) Their old folks follow suit, to "take" care of their sons/daughters. City residents are crowding up, traffic jam worst, and unfrastructure/facilities can't keep up.
The kampung residence nowadays belongs to bangla, myanmar, etc.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The growing trend is that many folks have gone living in city and town. Younger ones esp.(graduated, and to find job in bright light, big cities) Their old folks follow suit, to "take" care of their sons/daughters. City residents are crowding up, traffic jam worst, and unfrastructure/facilities can't keep up.
Yup, most of them also drive but wira only, putra cannot find.....hhahhahahah:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Or those retirees are left behind staying at village areas. Even I have many friends who are excited at the prospect of being able to move and work at KL after graduate. For me, I still prefer the more relaxing environment at Ipoh. Maybe I'm just old fashioned or something but looking at how hectic lifestyle is at KL, I'm not really looking forward for something like that. But then, I have one friend that went for internship training at KL and he told me that he prefer to live in Ipoh more...

We're seriously digressing far away from this thread topic... :biggrin:

Yup, most of them also drive but wira only, putra cannot find.....hhahhahahah:rofl:
Luckily you pull back into the topic about Putra. Speaking about Putra and Wira, the price gap between both are not actually that far isn't it? As a fair comparison, I'm comparing C99 Wira 1.8
with Putra. Assuming both are in stock form, shouldn't exceed RM20k right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys need your help.....
1) Apexi AVC-R Limited Edition=RM1950
2)Blitz Type1=RM1400
3)HKS EVC-4=RM2200
4)GREDDY PROFEC B SPEC2=RM1450
5)GREDDY TYPE S=RM1460
6)SARD TRIGGER=RM1520

these are the price of boost controllers offer by one of my mechanic....
just want to check with u all guys roughly the market price compare to these.
are these pice ok??which one better??anyone knows the second hand price??
i dont want to become 'water fish' anymore.....used to chop by them X times already
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience