wut is the best tyre size for myvi??

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all, I am currently on 195/55/R15 (rim is 6.5jj width and 37mm offset, using Eibach Pro-Kit springs on stock absorbers which I get about 3 fingers gap for the rear. When there's no load behind then it is fine but if I carry just 1 person behind also I tend to hear some sort of sound from the rear when the road is uneven or very rough.

I know 195/55/R15 isn't exactly the ideal size but I like it for its balance of performance and comfort and also it fills up the fender area nicely.

What are the possible solutions for this apart from changing back to 195/50?
Are your tires/rims sticking out of the fenders? You can post a photo here so it's clearer how it looks before we can suggest anything.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi all, I am currently on 195/55/R15 (rim is 6.5jj width and 37mm offset, using Eibach Pro-Kit springs on stock absorbers which I get about 3 fingers gap for the rear. When there's no load behind then it is fine but if I carry just 1 person behind also I tend to hear some sort of sound from the rear when the road is uneven or very rough.

I know 195/55/R15 isn't exactly the ideal size but I like it for its balance of performance and comfort and also it fills up the fender area nicely.

Other than using 195/50, you need to harden the suspension. If that cannot be done then you need to use inner offset rims like offset 42. Another option is to check where the scrubbing is? If fender is scrubbing maybe rolling the fender might help...:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

coilovers.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Whats your current spring rate? I guess perhaps the cheapest solution is adding spring bush but that doesnt confirm will solve the problem as well. The best solution is go back to 195/50

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Whats your current spring rate? I guess perhaps the cheapest solution is adding spring bush but that doesnt confirm will solve the problem as well. The best solution is go back to 195/50
Do you mean spring buffers? Or to install a customer absorber mounting so it's taller? Don't do spring buffers with such expensive Eibach springs.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Do you mean spring buffers? Or to install a customer absorber mounting so it's taller? Don't do spring buffers with such expensive Eibach springs.
His idea was to lower, now ask him make higher, not stable dy....:smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well if his rims are already sticking out of the fenders due to not enough offset then the proper solution is change the rims! All the others are work around which are not the right solution.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well if his rims are already sticking out of the fenders due to not enough offset then the proper solution is change the rims! All the others are work around which are not the right solution.
Offset in can custom spacer out. Rim offset out need to change dy, will be expensive.
Offset 37 is a bit out because friend have similar problem with offset 35, and that is 2mm difference only. Offset 40 and 42 should be much safer

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Offset in can custom spacer out. Rim offset out need to change dy, will be expensive.
Offset 37 is a bit out because friend have similar problem with offset 35, and that is 2mm difference only. Offset 40 and 42 should be much safer
Yes can be expensive but that's the price to pay for choosing the wrong rims in the first place. That's why I keep telling people if want to buy rims, must first try it on the car with the tires so you can see how it will exactly fit.

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
After reading several comments, I guess 195/50/R15 will be the best and easiest solution, just that it won't look too good as the tires are smaller than the stock 175/65/R14. Don't want to change my rims since I still like my Assetto Gara. :D

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
After reading several comments, I guess 195/50/R15 will be the best and easiest solution, just that it won't look too good as the tires are smaller than the stock 175/65/R14. Don't want to change my rims since I still like my Assetto Gara. :D
Yup, cheapest option but now the finger space will be more.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Yes can be expensive but that's the price to pay for choosing the wrong rims in the first place. That's why I keep telling people if want to buy rims, must first try it on the car with the tires so you can see how it will exactly fit.
Not to forget your weighing machine if going light weight.....:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Change spring to stock, or roll the fenders. Check rear fenders to see if you are hitting fenders. If its not the fenders you are hitting the bump stop. Either trim the bump stop or add some rubber spaces to the spring.

Jun 28, 2017
Ampang
hello guys.. need your kind help.. i juz change my myvi rim to 15' sport rim (advanti) et35 7jj with 195/55/15 tyre size.. but my rear tyre hit the fender when full loaded or even when one person seat at the back at uneven road condition.. coz I juz bought the rim, Im planning to change the tyre size.. what min of tyre size can fit the rim which will not hit the fender when full loaded.. would like to try with 185/55 tyre but afraid it will still hit the fender and my money will gone as it was.. hope to get respond from u guys.. thanks..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just installed a centre bullet for my exhaust system. The guy at the shop said in order to extract n feel more power I need to change my stock muffler too. Is this true? Btw, if I want to modify my air intake system to open port type the guy said it is gonna cost around rm400. Is this a reasonable price?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience