what's wrong with my car?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ltl

Dec 15, 2005
Miri
any body can help????

under normal operating temparature, rpm is around 900, once switch on the air-cond, the rpm dropped to 400-500 then fluctuate betweeen 500 and 900 rpm (rpm up and down continuesly)...the engine seen very shaky and feel like want to turn off...

has clean up the TB and change the plug..but doesnt help... :(

pls assists on abv matter...with thanks.

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
ltl said:
any body can help????

under normal operating temparature, rpm is around 900, once switch on the air-cond, the rpm dropped to 400-500 then fluctuate betweeen 500 and 900 rpm (rpm up and down continuesly)...the engine seen very shaky and feel like want to turn off...

has clean up the TB and change the plug..but doesnt help... :(

pls assists on abv matter...with thanks.
Wat engine izzit?

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
aaaahhhh ... if TB cleaned and plugs changed .. pls check your aircond vacuum controller laaa (if your car has one) ... maybe that one no good liauuuuu ... lain benda gua tatau liauuuu ... hehehehe

qdjoker

Jul 24, 2005
Mlaysia
QiW said:
aaaahhhh ... if TB cleaned and plugs changed .. pls check your aircond vacuum controller laaa (if your car has one) ... maybe that one no good liauuuuu ... lain benda gua tatau liauuuu ... hehehehe
last time i also facing same problems..after i change the Denso Air-Cond Valve, clean TB, change plug avthing go fine liao..u can choose to check with ur DENSO airCond valve ler..so expensive 1 from JAPAN..

ltl

Dec 15, 2005
Miri
still unable to solve the air cond idling problem....

evertime i restart my engine after a short while engine turned off, the rpm reading is around 900 (with air cond off) once turn on the air cond, the the engine idling rpm dropped to 300 to 400 rpm...

after car runing, the engine idling with air cond on will go back to normal, around 900 rpm but some time only getting 500 rpm when stuck at traffic light...can feel the engine is jerking.

is that the fuel filter problem? or the fuel pump? or any other posibility?

any sifu here can give your opinion? hv check already, but i dnt see any air cond idle up valve in my engine bay.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
my engine have similar problem also, especially at a very very hot day. i tune my aircond vacuum controller to make the engine rev alot higher than it use to when not using aircond, so worse to the worse it will still idle at 700rpm, although engine is jerking at least not dying.

also headache, dunno what to do. got a few thing i'm suspecting tho. my car's aircond compresor should be using HCF-134 gas, with compresor oil made for the 134 gas. but when i go service my aircond, my usual mech insist on using cfc-12 gas with mineral lubricant, which should be fine IF my compresor is an old compresor using cfc-12 gas. he die also wan convince me to use cfc-12 gas, since he's been fixing my car's aircond for the pass 15 years, and he's reputation is so good one nobody complain yet, so try to trust him this time. but now all the problem come.

so, dunno lar, me now also same like you ltl, no problem when engine is cold, but when engine is hot, under the sun, and in a traffic jam, then problem start coming.

ltl

Dec 15, 2005
Miri
rollakid...my situation exactly like yours...engine runing seem like no problem during first start engine in the early morning, even with the a/c turned on, the idle speed still maintain at 800-900 rpm.

normally engine idle speed will pull up/increase a bit while switch on the a/c rite? but mine one is in opposite way (during engine is hot), the idle speed dropped fm 900 rpm to around 300 to 400 rpm while switch on the a/c...really irritated with this problem...

rollakid, is yours auto trans also? i'm fm sarawak too.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
mine's manual. my engine got more problem than just the aircond, so its hard to tell which one go wrong.

well, at least your's can still idle at 300-400, mine drop below 600 and engine died. i pulled out the aircond vacuum tube just now, found that the edge is rugget, not smooth, and my vacuum tube doesn't have any clip to make it tight. scared got leak, so use knife cut the edge to make it smoother, then find something to tighten the tube.

haven't drive it out yet, dunno if it works or not.

sleepyfellow

Known Member
Apr 24, 2005
KL
Visit site
I'm not sure about ur engine, but mine has a VSV (vaccum switching valve). After I change this, no problem edi. You can run a simple check by pulling off the hose (the part that connects to the actuator, not the entire hose). Then try turning the a/c on and off. If you don't feel any vaccum, then probably the vsv needs to be replaced.

ltl

Dec 15, 2005
Miri
thks bro sleepyfellow, pls tell where is the vsv located and how does it look like...

sound likes similar as your problem. some time i can hear the engine sound being pull up when switch on the a/c but some time not. the idle speed will dropped to 300-400 rpm if not hearing the engine being pull up when switch on the a/c.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/SilverArrowZ/IMAG0033.jpg

like this thing? XD sorry for blur picture, use webcam take one.. no money buy good camara.. will borrow one soon and take pic..

all i know is that if i cabut the wire on that thing then car cannot idle with aircond on. cannot cabut tube lar or else engine die also if no aircond cuz leak air liau afm not getting any reading XD

sleepyfellow

Known Member
Apr 24, 2005
KL
Visit site
View attachment 73223

It looks like the attached pic. There are 2 hoses that connects to this. 1 is to the actuator and one from the manifold/throttle body area. Bare in mind tho that mine is a MAP 4AGZE.

I reccomend visiting this site if you are willing to dive deeper into this subject.
http://www.autoshop101.com/autoshop15.html and look under the tech articles section.

Hope u manage to sort it out. all the best.

cheers

ajnone

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
Klang
where can I get this original Toyota VSV ? any spare part shop or aircond service centre in klang, selangor? Thank you

sleepyfellow

Known Member
Apr 24, 2005
KL
Visit site
Not too sure about Klang dude. But fyi, I got it at a shop along Jalan Ipoh. If ur in town, u should try to head there since spare part shops are plentiful.

cheers and good luck

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello frenz & sifu's,

I want to replace my Perdana V6 aircond system with the digital eterna aircond system and evo 3 aircond compressor installation.Did anyone can suggest me the workshop (good workshop with good servicing and reasonable charge) to installed the full set of eterna digital aircond controller with all the wiring (complete set).

For info, I've already buy all the "complete stuff".Just need someone to "pasang itu barang" and make the "aircond sejuk tahap beku".Now I'm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience