What's more fun? Driving a slow car fast or fast car slow

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
For me its driving a slow car fast, its more fun in the sense that while its still does try to kill me, I am not going that fast even balls out. i.e. no fear of death or collision.

A fast car, is absolutely bonkers, especially a RWD one. Around a corner I just need to do some stupid shit like floor the throttle too early and I con9lan7firm spin out even with full traction control on.

On a fast car I can't sustain full throttle that much on public roads, cause like 5 seconds I'm in hyperspeed. 10 seconds i think break 200 already (i never count laaaaa just illustrating)

@Tom would like to hear your opinion since you drive on the track and on the roads, with both supercars, performance cars and sometimes slow cars lol.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Previously I thought fast car slow but recently learnt to prefer slow car fast better. Sign of getting older, I guess

How should I put it ... driving a fast car slow is quietly disturbing.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Previously I thought fast car slow but recently learnt to prefer slow car fast better. Sign of getting older, I guess

How should I put it ... driving a fast car slow is quietly disturbing.
Not sure about disturbing, but driving a fast car fast, balls really shrink, cause the actual speed you're going is just bonkers. And you can only go so fast on the roads.

Yesterday played with a Lexus NX F Sport, acceleration I beat the fella hands down, cornering he's running wide (but his balls damn big), but the moment there's traffic where I got to slow down he catches up pretty fast. But boy it was exciting and fun. Lucky not many cars on the road and I didn't do any crazy manoeuvres.

But honestly, I would feel more fun if I was terrorizing him with my turbo sampan from his rear wheel mirror. Because when you can't shake a boat off your back it gets irritating hahaha.

Reactions: minibeany

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Not sure about disturbing, but driving a fast car fast, balls really shrink, cause the actual speed you're going is just bonkers. And you can only go so fast on the roads.
Quietly disturbing because you know you have a fast car, paying for a fast car, but is driving it slow where it isn't terribly exciting

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm no definitive answer, IMHO depends on the car. Now I have a very slow MPV (livina), a slow but somewhat sporty little car (Swift), and a bit faster RWD that can spin relatively easier (mark X).

Now the Livina is just outright borefest no matter how hard you drive it until the engine roar. So driving this slow car as fast as you dare is still no fun at all.

Then comes the Swift, by no means it's a fast car but it's damn fun to drive and I can't help myself not to whack this little bugger almost every time I see open roads and sweepers. However it can get scary too especially when you want to overtake a faster car coz you know on paper if the guy doesn't give way, you won't make it! The best feeling is when you out corner a more expensive and faster car from the outside line with this little bugger.

Finally the mark X which is surely faster than the Swift but not as fun, mostly due to the auto transmission. However yes it has its own fun as it keeps reminding you not to be overzealous in the corners or you'll spin out, especially in the wet. When you're cruising on the highway with it and some lansi accord/Camry/mazda6 or even Passat try to show off their top speeds, you can still somewhat keep up and beat them if you got bigger balls, coz this mark X has good top speed up to 250kph. So that's a different kinda fun I guess.

Driving a really fast car fast I think has its own fun, like the g-force, the incredible grip, just the outright confidence it gives you. I've only test drove 300ish hp cars like Evo and M3 and to me that's very fun too even though I cannot floor it as often.

One thing I'd say though, driving a slow car fast is actually more difficult and scary because you need to floor it longer, while in a powerful car you can already reach fast speeds with less time and effort.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
One thing I'd say though, driving a slow car fast is actually more difficult and scary because you need to floor it longer, while in a powerful car you can already reach fast speeds with less time and effort.
Depends what you're doing at the moment? Flooring a slow car around a corner is "safer" than a fast one. Cause no matter how good your tyres and suspension setup is, you can only go that fast around a corner.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Depends what you're doing at the moment? Flooring a slow car around a corner is "safer" than a fast one. Cause no matter how good your tyres and suspension setup is, you can only go that fast around a corner.
Yes true, the faster or shall I say more powerful the car is, the bigger the radius of turn that you can flat out. It depends on the balance between power and grip available on the car when talking about cornering.

I guess my statement above is more about reaching or traveling at high speeds between driving a slow car and a fast car. Again using my own cars as example, driving my Swift or worse my livina at over 150kph already feels very fast and getting scary but doing it in the Mark X feels like nothing and effortless.

For me, I think I'd still prefer having to drive a fast car (by fast I mean something around 300+ hp like an Evo is enough) but at say 6-7/10th rather than driving a slower car like my Swift but almost wringing the neck out of it. With the faster car at least I know it has higher capabilities in reserve just in case I need it.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I have never own or drives a fast car. All the cars i exp are normal everyday car.

The Exora bold is not fast but for and mpv its kinda quick. I luv to be naughty when driving this alone. The way it gathers speed just puts grin on my face and surprised face to other drivers. It got decent road holding too. In this case driving a slow car fast is a good thing.

The neo cps....this slow car must be driven fast/bashed all the time. Thats the only way to drives it. So for this car its more fun to drive this slow car fast.

My BLM...Its tiring and not fun to go fast.

My Waja...not fast but very2 fun to go fast. Good chassis and good overall car which can surprise more expensive car.

The pajero...damn fun to go fast because most wont belive its ability to go fast. Most people will gawk at it when they are out cornered or being overtaken by it.

My EX5.....everything on the road except an auntie Pasola will tapau it on straight. But when i layan corner i will overtake most normal daily rider or driver. So more fun going fast in a slow ride.

My conclusion...more fun driving slow car fast.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
I kind of agree with @ixeo. On the public roads, it will usually be more fun driving a slower car fast because it’s much harder and scarier to drive a fast car fast.

With my current car, I can hardly go full throttle for more than a few seconds because i’ll then be above speed limit and if I do find certain stretches of open road, the speed can get scary pretty fast. That being said, I do enjoy the availability of power and ability of cruising down the highway at much higher speed if I want. At least I won’t be cucuk by the likes of alphards, vellfire, mercs & Bmw:biggrin:

Reactions: minibeany

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But thread title is driving a slow car fast, or fast car slow, not fast car fast......lol

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
But thread title is driving a slow car fast, or fast car slow, not fast car fast......lol
Driving a slow car fast is more fun :biggrin:, driving a fast car slow can be a real pain in the ass.
I guess in essense, it’s easier to drive a lower powered car closer to its limit than a higher powered car to its limit and that’s what makes it more fun. Lightweight + good handling = fun

Not all slow cars are fun to drive though, Satria Neo CPS, Swift Sport are some cars that come to my mind with decent power to weight and good handling characterics. Any other suggestions for such cars?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Driving a slow car fast is more fun :biggrin:, driving a fast car slow can be a real pain in the ass.
I guess in essense, it’s easier to drive a lower powered car closer to its limit than a higher powered car to its limit and that’s what makes it more fun. Lightweight + good handling = fun

Not all slow cars are fun to drive though, Satria Neo CPS, Swift Sport are some cars that come to my mind with decent power to weight and good handling characterics. Any other suggestions for such cars?
Satria GTI, old Civic EG, Lotus Elise, maybe Ford Fiesta S?

Well I suppose if driving a fast car too slow (like around speed limits) then it can be a pain because your right foot becomes too itchy! :biggrin: To the contrary, my Swift even though at just 110kph already feels like doing 140-150 coz the the engine already revs to almost 4000.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

If I want to install an oil cooler, is it a must to upgrade my oil sump as well?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience