perdana sei ENGINE mod..

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
den from ur PM said....
y i have to change g/box oso?
i duwan change it.....
or the work shop said the original 4G63 g/box unable to connect with the 6a12?

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
well it seems that ...the 4G63 gbox would not go with the 6A12 engine...not sure how true is this...anyhow, its easier for u to sell ur 4G63 with its gbox as a whole...and then get a 6A12 manual halfcut..and walaaa~....less headache...

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
since u tok lidaat...
i reali scare the g/box will got trouble in the future.....
den i shoud save $$$ le....den target is JDM full engine+g/box set...
but the cost...is higher much 2x than my budget....~
haih.....have to use a long time to save $$$~

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
well....no doubt..when u want a transplant project..u'll have to have enough budget for it..to avoid things halfway done..and problems after that...

anyhow, guess u should save a lil' more then... meanwhile for your worn piston problem... u can try getting some engine treatment that comes in bottles....sometimes it might help a lil'...instead of another overhaul or tophaul...

puyukrl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2007
Perdana V6 engine

i totally agree with kk9972. get a 4G63T engine, but first make sure in good condition.

here is the power output for these engines

1. 4G63 = 118bhp (like in Perdana SE)
2. 4G63T = range from 220-280bhp (from galant Vr4 to Evo3)
3. 6A12 = 150bhp (as in perdana V6)/ 170bhp for JDM with sports ECU
4. 6A12 mivec = 190-200bhp
5. 6A12TT = 230-240bhp

figures from wikipedia.org
Hi, Im new to ZTH. I have a few questions. I hope you could help me with these. 1) I would like to know, as you said ealier the 6a12 JDM specs 170bhp version come with the sport ECU. Is the engine specs the same with the local perdana V6? so if it is the same, if i could get the sport ECU(the 170bhp engine ECU), would it increase the BHP for my V6?
2) Why is it that most people when they are talking about perdana engine conversions, they would highly recommend the 6A12TT engine? Is there any other engine besides the twin turbo engine? As i read, most people would say the engine has high fuel consumption. Is that true?
3) What about mivec engines? Can perdana used any mivec engine? If can, would it come from the FTO? How about the fuel consumption and maintenance for the mivec engine?
Thanks in advance. Really appreciate the help.:regular_smile:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
For your question..

Normally most of the people recommend to use V6tt coz halfcut is cheap and the hp between the ori 4g63 or v6 compare to v6tt is a lot thus less hassel...

The FC is depends on how u drive.. lowest that i heard is 0.17 / km that drive very slow like turtle...hahaha...

Mivec is totally different as the spare parts is quite hard to find and it is from either Gallant or FTO...

Good Luck..

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
Hi, Im new to ZTH. I have a few questions. I hope you could help me with these. 1) I would like to know, as you said ealier the 6a12 JDM specs 170bhp version come with the sport ECU. Is the engine specs the same with the local perdana V6? so if it is the same, if i could get the sport ECU(the 170bhp engine ECU), would it increase the BHP for my V6?
2) Why is it that most people when they are talking about perdana engine conversions, they would highly recommend the 6A12TT engine? Is there any other engine besides the twin turbo engine? As i read, most people would say the engine has high fuel consumption. Is that true?
3) What about mivec engines? Can perdana used any mivec engine? If can, would it come from the FTO? How about the fuel consumption and maintenance for the mivec engine?
Thanks in advance. Really appreciate the help.:regular_smile:
1. well the 170ps version is not any sports ECU-ed version...just that, those are the original flagship model for the 6A12 NA (excluding the MIVEC of coz)....our local V6 were built using the detuned version aka base model which is 145ps....
well not sure swapping ECU itself would work...coz..u might need the mitsu harnesses too...i think..but well..it'll be 10x as hard to find the right ECU than to get the right halfcut which cost only a fraction more...

2. well for original V6......the 6A12TT can be drop in without any hassle..as everything fits...plug and play...... that's y its recommended...besides...since it doesn't require mounting mods....there's no issues with JPJ too
however, if ur ride's an SEi..then the 4G63 series engines would be a better choice.....since the mounts match...that's y....more of them would go evo or VR4 as compared to 6A12TT..

3. yes there is a MIVEC version of the 6A12 which fits the perdana.....however the halfcut's rare...and not many of that limited edition galant is produced.....the FTO's 6A12 MIVEC would not fit into the perdana....due to different in transmission and engine mount...further to say harnesses...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HPC and MAM's first ever 4 Endurance race in Sepang will commence this June 12th 2011. This will be a private event sanctioned by the Motorsports Association of Malaysia (MAM) and allows for all race prepared cars old and new ranging from 1600cc, 1800cc and 2000cc.

If you you have yourself a Honda Civic EG for example, your...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience