modify exhaust suggestion

markii

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
i plan to modify my exhaust system and wish to get some of your opinions and suggestions. my car produces around 200hp and its an NA. i plan to change the piping to a larger diameter but i have heard people say it will affect my cars acceleration. so now what i have in mind is just replacing the cat and join it up with piping. will it be noisy?? btw how much does it cost to do this?im on a budget of rm500. tq

-edit-
it has an auto transmission btw

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
markii said:
i plan to modify my exhaust system and wish to get some of your opinions and suggestions. my car produces around 200hp and its an NA. i plan to change the piping to a larger diameter but i have heard people say it will affect my cars acceleration. so now what i have in mind is just replacing the cat and join it up with piping. will it be noisy?? btw how much does it cost to do this?im on a budget of rm500. tq

-edit-
it has an auto transmission btw
theres difference wid changin the piping to larger BUT suitable diameter, and changing to larger but WRONG diameter .. changin to larger but suitable diameter piping shudnt affect ur car acceleration on d bad side..

for ur car, N/A, 200hp range should go for 2 - 2.25" diameter..

a CATalyst converter should reduce sound, so depends on ur overall exhaust system, the CAT / piping shudn't make it noisy, unless u get a sports/street muffler..

the price varies depending on where u go... But i dun suggest go Wei Yip or those single exhaust shops la... u wanna get a CAT, get a good one n u wun complain after installing hahhaa..
try Hot Bits @ Speedworks.. or ZENDEN from kent20 @ ZTH's Marketplace
RM500 shud be enough? maybe slightly more... do survey around la bro, take ur time..

u can read more on exhaust system etc. here..
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=34978

:regular_smile:

markii

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
if u suggest i go for 2-2.5" its better off leaving it alone because stock is around that size i think. another thing is i have no intentions of replacing my CAT as i know it is just another restriction. so, what i have in mind now is just removing the CAT and weld a piping in place to join(even better, i save a lot of money..heheh). i just need some clarification of the noise level after i remove the cat as i dont want to be chased by the cops or jpj.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
u said..

markii said:
so now what i have in mind is just replacing the cat
n u said..

markii said:
if u suggest i go for 2-2.5" its better off leaving it alone because stock is around that size i think. another thing is i have no intentions of replacing my CAT as i know it is just another restriction. so, what i have in mind now is just removing the CAT and weld a piping in place to join(even better, i save a lot of money..heheh). i just need some clarification of the noise level after i remove the cat as i dont want to be chased by the cops or jpj.
ur two posts varies in explaination... maybe u havent made up ur mind? heheh..

noise level shud be ok la. Unless ur muffler is dunno wat CapAyam Super-Bising Muffler..
but i think u already violated some dunno wat exhaust emmision ruling ady if u remove the CAT totally .. not sure bout that. good luck.

markii

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
nitrus, sorry.dono what was i thinking. what i mean is i want to remove the cat and join the piping back without any bullet or new cat.

blackhowling, toyota mark ii jzx90(A)
engine capasity: 2500cc

markii

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
hmmm monster? well quite true...but the exhaust system is too restrictive thats why asking around for good exhaust setup....heheh

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
markii .. r u sure ur current piping is 2.25" ?
wat other mods u did ?

actually if i were u i would consider changing the piping instead, depending on ur mods .. I dun know which smart person starting the "remove the CAT" thing .. but seriously, it will help wid the flow ke..?

wen i told my fren who is studyin automotive engineering in overseas , he like abit skeptical when he came back ere n we chat bout car mods back here in malaysia... like removing the CAT .. turbo jet, microcompressor , magic jet.. :rofl:

hahahaaa.. all i can say is .. "malaysians are capable of anything..." :lol:

smalldidi

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
hi there, just wondering ,can i purchased those muffler that post in marhet place expcially from japan brand n put on my auto's car? i mean i just wan more fast response ..mind to share?

markii

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
hmmm killing the cat should give better flow i guess since i never changed it for years. after years of use im sure its clogged with dirt by now

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
dirt .. ? how come there's dirt in the CAT ? u dun drive with an air filter? :hmmmm2:

markii

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
the catalytic converter will get clogged with dirt and dust after a while right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro zth-ers... i wanna ask bout rolling fender... do anyone know the best place to roll fender? if can, easy budget also.. thx

rgrds,

Gauze
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience