modify exhaust suggestion

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Alamak!!! Danz... didn't know you decat pulak! :willy:
Haha... Okay keep your word okay! And if they win, next time I go KL bring me sit in your 6A12TT :burnout:.

s60ea

Dec 13, 2009
kedah
let say.....i own the turbo car with auto transmission..... its ok if i use 3inch or more then 3inch piping??......and straight pipe for my car??....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
let say.....i own the turbo car with auto transmission..... its ok if i use 3inch or more then 3inch piping??......and straight pipe for my car??....
Bro, can't comment much like that.

Mind to share more information on your setup?

Car and engine
Displacement
No. of cyl
Level of boost
how much power are you making...

Thank you...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
veloc..haha...can can...but my 6a12tt std only..not much mod.....
we go drink at mamak when u come down k....

s60ea,
better use 2.5" from front to rear.....if 3 or 3.5" will loose on back pressure...hence less power.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Okay Danz... I already bought ticket to KL in october. But don't know enough time or not. Just short trip to attend wedding :burnout:

s60ea

Dec 13, 2009
kedah
veloc
sorry hihi...im using s60 t5, 2.4 5 cylinders turbo B5234T5 engine.... pump out about 250hp.... im planing to do some light mod like replace the filter, change the exhaust piping and re-tune it...
but don no what the best diameter good for it....

danz
2.5 inch....ok tq..... but some say, if turbo car it dose mater because it generate hi pressure already the theory like larger batter for turbo....its true....need some advice...more need to learn... :-(

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
veloc
sorry hihi...im using s60 t5, 2.4 5 cylinders turbo B5234T5 engine.... pump out about 250hp.... im planing to do some light mod like replace the filter, change the exhaust piping and re-tune it...
but don no what the best diameter good for it....

danz
2.5 inch....ok tq..... but some say, if turbo car it dose mater because it generate hi pressure already the theory like larger batter for turbo....its true....need some advice...more need to learn... :-(
Wow bro... What year model is your S60? Such a modern car normally people don't do stuff like that. And normally it is not advisable. As these are very intelligent cars. A lot of ECUs. Everything work on sensors... And it is already tuned for optimum.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if auto less than 300whp, better stick to 2.5" if above 300whp, able to use 3" pipings...
if u rever to hypertune this mth issue...audi R8 front page there is a coverage bout S60 TS 400hp & 500Nm torque....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
if auto less than 300whp, better stick to 2.5" if above 300whp, able to use 3" pipings...
if u rever to hypertune this mth issue...audi R8 front page there is a coverage bout S60 TS 400hp & 500Nm torque....
I see... Because my friend works in a company that deals volvo here. And to him, those new cars with advance electronics are better left alone. Because with so many ECUs, one thing done may affect many other areas. Not just one. Haha... Maybe it's just a matter of skill and competency of the mechs.

Anyways... CONGRATS DANZ for achieving "5000 BHP Senior"!!!! :dancing2:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i dont know much about exhaust system..

but for me it's better to get an aftermarket pipe+muffler..

if u custom made it at ur 'pakar ekzos', i'm sure it will decrease power..

why?

becoz air flow in a tunnel/pipe is hard to calculate.. aftermarket parts manufacturer have their own machine to test the flow..

i don't even remember seeing any machine at 'pakar ekzos' that test air flow.. all they have is the same machinery that can be found in a 'pakar besi' shop..

juz my $0.02..

:driver:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I think won't reduce power if it is done properly. Not overkill, not choking, do mandrel bending, etc. But of course the power gain not as much as aftermarket plug and plays. But think of it, same models of cars differs slightly in different regions. There is a risk that aftermarket ones can't fit 100% and in the end must modifiy again. Let's say if it fits, consider the price difference of an aftermarket ready made one and a customised one... Okay la... Even though the power gain not as much as calculated aftermarket products, the difference is probably 3-5 hp i's say? No need spend a couple of hundreds more on that la...

Just my 10 cts :biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
ya lor..

everything depends on u

RM wise = custom made exhaust..

Performance wise = aftermarket exhaust..

but again, where got 'pakar ekzos' that has a mandrel bending machine? i also wanna go there :wink:

p/s : 3-5 hp is a lot u know..

reference pic..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need advice from all sifus and if anyone ever had the same problem as mine. I drive 2002 Caldina GT4.Now days I found my GT4 very hard to start. Even worse during morning..I have to crank about 6 times (every crank ending with switch off all, pull key out, put back key in, ON ignition and crank again) to start the engine..if lucky after start, the engine idle like normal (no prob)..but sometimes (normally morning time) even after engine start, it die off again...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience