modify exhaust suggestion

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
markii said:
i plan to modify my exhaust system and wish to get some of your opinions and suggestions. my car produces around 200hp and its an NA. i plan to change the piping to a larger diameter but i have heard people say it will affect my cars acceleration. so now what i have in mind is just replacing the cat and join it up with piping. will it be noisy?? btw how much does it cost to do this?im on a budget of rm500. tq

-edit-
it has an auto transmission btw
i replaced my auto altezza's cat and joined up with piping. guess wat happens? whenever i tap to the gas pedal, i need to wait around 2 sec in order move. bad reaction. this is due to high compression engine like my 3s-ge engine needs a cat to give pressure. one more thing when u change cat make sure they open off ur o2 sensors before they do it. mine is damaged by JFA boys n the pair of o2 sensors cost me around rm1200/pair. so, make up ur mind. that's the worst case scenario of mine

Apr 14, 2006
i plan to modify my exhaust system on my daihatsu move 660cc and wish to get some of your opinions and suggestions.

silent_driver

Aug 20, 2005
Cheras
is it worth it to change the exhaust when u r planning(not sure yet) to change engine next year? can the same exhaust component be used back in the new engine?

Last edited:

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
markii said:
i plan to modify my exhaust system and wish to get some of your opinions and suggestions. my car produces around 200hp and its an NA. i plan to change the piping to a larger diameter but i have heard people say it will affect my cars acceleration. so now what i have in mind is just replacing the cat and join it up with piping. will it be noisy?? btw how much does it cost to do this?im on a budget of rm500. tq

-edit-
it has an auto transmission btw
If you want power,,,better change your gearbox. Bcoz in real life your horsepower is around 140 only:regular_smile: ,,,the auto gearbox has eat 'em'.

r60262

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
don,t remove the CAT. save & love your earth. also love your money from 'kena saman'. actually it can improve your HP but only a little bit la.....

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
I want some advise here cause after i put the xtractor(besi putih claimed to be aluminium material)....the pick up like drop oledi before when i use the original stock extractor for my iswara is better...my mod is from mid section piping, i guess is 1.5" and muffler lor....after now with the new eextractor my car sound abit like subaru liao...cause honestly i feel alil power drop....is there something wrong with my exhaust system??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
r60262 said:
don,t remove the CAT. save & love your earth. also love your money from 'kena saman'. actually it can improve your HP but only a little bit la.....
haha... u member of GREENPEACE ar??...
dont care about the environment la... even proton also didnt care since they didnt fit any CAT in the saga LMST...:angel_smile:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
erm, think just remove the cat, replace with the midbox then the sound should vary much =)

then try feeling the car if it has performance improvement or not, then if it does, then only think of other ways to change the piping lo.doing it one step at a time also can ma, but dun go drastic changes la... =)

btw, im not driving an auto so i wouldnt know wether giving it less brackpressure would reduce the pick up or not =( sorry...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
dont care about the environment la... even proton also didnt care since they didnt fit any CAT in the saga LMST...:angel_smile:
harh bro... i think the LMST does uses a CAT ma ... no meh? :hmmmm:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
remove the cat but dont just replace wif normal piping...darn noisy...best is to replace it with a bullet or centre box

noprob

Known Member
Aug 27, 2007
guys , i would like to ask for ur opinion about installing a mugen twinloop exhaust inlet size 2.3inch for a civic 2.0 w stock piping , iinm 1.5inch

ivan7

Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
Subang J
1. wouldnt suggest to change the CAT
2. Change catback onwards, s-line or s-pipe whatever they call it will help in low rpm.. if u want straight flow also can, put in some silencer in it so that u maintain bold during low rpm.. 'back pressure' is key!
3. auto cars should not go more then 3" piping.. 2.5" is ideal if im not mistaken..

hope this helps..

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bro I agree with ivan7.

I always advised people who want to mod exhaust not to use straight flow muffler and too large diameter. This is due to my bad experience last time. Using straight flow muffler, my car feels damn weak and torqueless. I didn't even change the piping diameter or cat last time. Just the muffler at the end. And the difference is already very big. Auto transmission is very sensitive to back pressure. You just got to have some of it! Auto transmission car have their pipe diameter and flow tuned for the best compromise already. So I think if you want to increase diameter, maybe don't increase more than half inch?

And try not to decat la. Let's be responsible and not pollute our air. I know one driver doesn't make a big difference. But if let's say 30% of the people in our country think like that, then our air will be really "jialat" that time. Let's all make a difference. Get a high flow car instead. The cat-con also helps in partly reducing the noise levels.

That, happy modding and do upgrade us on your project. Maybe some pictures or sound clips! Will be following this :burnout:.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

I forgot to say... Nice car you have there! 1jz-ge right? :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello. Its been a while since I've been on here.
Im looking for some suggestions on upgrading my stock suspension system.
I drive a honda eg8 with stock absorbers and springs. I believe that its time for a change as the ride is uncomfortable and the body roll is worrying.
I have installed a front 4 point strut bar and also a rear anti roll bar.
I was thinking of a setup of honda absorbers with aftermarket springs.
My goal is to decrease body roll but not sacrifice too much on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience