Importing Car Back to Malaysia

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
As for uk, just go to any well known shipping company. They will settle for you to ship back the car. In uk, you need to own the car for at least 9month to be eligible for AP -student. Then they will settle things like, insurance of the car being shipped in cargo in ship, apply for AP in Malaysia when the car reached, tax and top up value in Malaysia. Malaysia custom have a special table for added value of your car to be paid, not according to whatever value. Then you can appeal for it if it is too high price you to pay.
This apply 2yrs ago.
A very nice shipping company did it for my friend -bringing back a mini coop S. no need to do anything, wait for the car to arrive in 2 months plus.
The cargo will be shared with another person who also wanna ship back the car and he issuance will be shared too -for the cargo.
Car arrived in Malaysia custom till you settled in Malaysia custom.

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
As for uk, just go to any well known shipping company. They will settle for you to ship back the car. In uk, you need to own the car for at least 9month to be eligible for AP -student. Then they will settle things like, insurance of the car being shipped in cargo in ship, apply for AP in Malaysia when the car reached, tax and top up value in Malaysia. Malaysia custom have a special table for added value of your car to be paid, not according to whatever value. Then you can appeal for it if it is too high price you to pay.
This apply 2yrs ago.
A very nice shipping company did it for my friend -bringing back a mini coop S. no need to do anything, wait for the car to arrive in 2 months plus.
The cargo will be shared with another person who also wanna ship back the car and he issuance will be shared too -for the cargo.
Car arrived in Malaysia custom till you settled in Malaysia custom.
Thanks for the info. Sharing a container is a great idea. Save half the price of shipping & insurance. As for now, I definately will not do it if it cost 60-70K USD total to shipped my Porsche back to MY. I would sell it and get a used BMW. We will se how it goes.

potato

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think it's that expensive 70k for shipping a car, by sea. Lots of American's been shipping cars from Japan to US, maybe you can ask the grey importers about cheaper shipping?

The 928 is very rare car in Malaysia. If you can you should bring it back. But you can't sell it off within 2 years or else you have to pay the extra tax you saved. Testarosa is too expensive even in USA.

How bout older Lambo, note their road tax though.

I doubt they calculate the price based on when it's new. Like that all the Grey Imports here can eat grass.

You have the AP, I suggest you utilize it. But 1 thing to note is the higher the CC, the higher the tax rate will be.

E46 are under rm60k nowadays. But you can't compare a family sedan with a sports.

Not sure if you need to own the car for at least 2 years in USA before you can ship it back though. Check with Malaysia Embassy.

PS. If you can buy a car & ship back & enjoy the tax deduction, i suggest you get a right hand drive car since there's alot in USA via grey imports. Sometimes local dealers pay AP holders to bring back car & sell it off in 2 years time to make profit. AP's hard to come by.

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
I don't think it's that expensive 70k for shipping a car, by sea. Lots of American's been shipping cars from Japan to US, maybe you can ask the grey importers about cheaper shipping?

The 928 is very rare car in Malaysia. If you can you should bring it back. But you can't sell it off within 2 years or else you have to pay the extra tax you saved. Testarosa is too expensive even in USA.

How bout older Lambo, note their road tax though.

I doubt they calculate the price based on when it's new. Like that all the Grey Imports here can eat grass.

You have the AP, I suggest you utilize it. But 1 thing to note is the higher the CC, the higher the tax rate will be.

E46 are under rm60k nowadays. But you can't compare a family sedan with a sports.

Not sure if you need to own the car for at least 2 years in USA before you can ship it back though. Check with Malaysia Embassy.

PS. If you can buy a car & ship back & enjoy the tax deduction, i suggest you get a right hand drive car since there's alot in USA via grey imports. Sometimes local dealers pay AP holders to bring back car & sell it off in 2 years time to make profit. AP's hard to come by.
No. Total for the price of the car, tax, shipping, etc. Everything included to MY. I think it is very close to 70K. Car alone is around 20K USD now.

It is interesting that I fell in love with 928 when I first saw it around Bangsar area in MY years ago.
I have a few buyer interested in the 928, might sell it soon otherwise I will keep it.

A good, low miles Testarossa is about 60K, V12 4.9 liter (4943cc). So, 12K road tax a year, man.
I remember meeting an older gentlemen when I was young, he has a convertible Rolls Royce and he told me it was about 12K per year road tax. I can't believe it then.

E46 for 60K, is it 318? 60K is almost 20K USD. Wow, I paid half of that for my E46 328i. I really enjoy E46. It is affordable, handling very well, easy maintenance, very fuel efficient, great looks. Best all around car for me, it was my daily for quite a few years. I let my wife drove it and the rest is history.

I think I only need to own it for 9 months. Not too bad.

Yup. That is a "big" one. Left hand drive. I don;t mind driving it, but to sell it will be tough.

Maybe I can "sell" my AP?? Shhhhh. You did not hear that... Anyone? Bidding starts at 10 ringgit :biggrin:

I think as for now, selling all my rides and get one back in MY is the route. We will see what is next. I wish I can bring all of them back will be great. That's life.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All sifu,

need help on my Viva converted to EF-DET 660 turbo engine

I'd remove the boostcut but I found problem when running at high boost, the sympton is funny sometime the car pickup/boost up smoothly unitl 1.0~1.2 bar, but most of the time the car boost showing 1.0 bar but car don't feel the pickup and some time "semput" and jerking.

Any idea what is wrong?
1) Is the fuel pressure not enough?
2) Any way to install an adjustable fuel regulator?Viva don't have return line, so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience