Viva Turbo

waja1234567

Oct 20, 2011
Penang
Hi All sifu,

need help on my Viva converted to EF-DET 660 turbo engine

I'd remove the boostcut but I found problem when running at high boost, the sympton is funny sometime the car pickup/boost up smoothly unitl 1.0~1.2 bar, but most of the time the car boost showing 1.0 bar but car don't feel the pickup and some time "semput" and jerking.

Any idea what is wrong?
1) Is the fuel pressure not enough?
2) Any way to install an adjustable fuel regulator?Viva don't have return line, so need to modify, is it safe?
3) any good and cheap turbo workshop in penang or butterworth area can recommend?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Are you using a manual boost controller?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
please describe how you disable the boost cut?

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
Viva 660 doesnt have any return line(from my previous experience).
i think you need to mod to put a return line with afr as the original fuel pump does not have enough juice for higher pressure.
does your manifold is red hot after a few runs?

waja1234567

Oct 20, 2011
Penang
please describe how you disable the boost cut?
Well, i'd installed a "box" from ebay to the ecu which similar to the HKS FCD.

Inital witout the "box" max can boost is 0.9 only and the car will jerk + semput. with the box can go high until ~1.2 bar but the car start to semput at 1.2 bar.

The funny thing is that, sometimes boost unitil 1.2 also OK with no jerk is i accelerate slowly. But if a fast acceleration, than all semput come in....:bawling:

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Viva 660 doesnt have any return line(from my previous experience).
i think you need to mod to put a return line with afr as the original fuel pump does not have enough juice for higher pressure.
does your manifold is red hot after a few runs?
So far don't see any read hot on the manifold...

Is it safe to modify return line as some ppl said can burn out if leakage.. Know any place can do the mod?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Well, i'd installed a "box" from ebay to the ecu which similar to the HKS FCD.

Inital witout the "box" max can boost is 0.9 only and the car will jerk + semput. with the box can go high until ~1.2 bar but the car start to semput at 1.2 bar.

The funny thing is that, sometimes boost unitil 1.2 also OK with no jerk is i accelerate slowly. But if a fast acceleration, than all semput come in....:bawling:
that's rule out "remove-any-cut-DIY-wiring-style" scenario... maybe you should try do the return-line as per bro egb18c says

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
my pomen ask, does EF-DET have a return line? if got, better make a custom one since it will cause much fueling issue

my kancil oso don;t have return line so my pomen custom a return line since my JB-JL engine does have return line to begin with

here... we don't see much EF-DET, heard it has great initial torque figure :adore:

at most, we've seen here are EF-RL

waja1234567

Oct 20, 2011
Penang
Hi All,

After going to few of the work shop and seem like they don't really want to do the modification on the return line because of "takut bocor.."

I was thinking if just replace a high pressure fuel pump will it help? But the original regulator was build-in, so if high pressure pump after the regulator will still reduce the pressure, correct?

Will a SAFC help on this?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
sorry for late reply, I just pm'ed you a contact that may help you

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo, im from indonesia and curently riding Ep71 with 4E-FTE swap. And if i could help with, what's diffrent WAI for Turbo and N/A engine...

anyone give me tutorial on it?

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience