Importing My Car Back To Msia

defuser

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
penang
Hi Guys,

(I am not sure if this is the most appropriate thread for this so moderators feel free to redirect if you see fit)

So, i think its time for me to come home and I want to bring my 2004 Toyota Celica back with me from the UK.

Been reading as much material as I can find and as far as I know, I meet all the criteria to be able to bring my car back and more importantly be able to get an AP. Now the tricky thing is the tax, does anyone know how much tax I would have to pay ? There is not a lot of reliable information out there and I would really really appreciate if someone could tell me or if you know someone who can.

I've heard as high as 200% of what I paid for it, 60%, etc etc etc. so I would like to know for sure.

Also if anyone here who has already gone through the process of bringing your car home from the UK, that would be even better !

Thanking in advance !

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
If you wanna bring your car back to Malaysia from the UK..yes if im not mistaken to get it otr..you have to pay the tax which is 200 percent. Double the price which you bought the car.. Im not sure if there are any tips and tricks of declaring it lower or how..but thats the way..200 percent tax,plus road tax plus insurance.. Unless you have an AP. Student AP etc etc.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
CBU I think the tax is more, right? Lost touch a while with tax thing. Declaration price depends. If you have been using the car in UK and have receipt of purchase showing the purchase sometime ago, custom may be more lenient. Car importers are not so lucky, as they do more for business, so custom may add value to it....

defuser

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
penang
What 200 % ?!!! Even with an AP ?

Yes I have a receipt, £2800.

So I would have to pay £5600 in tax ?!

yonez

Jun 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Since last 2 years, talentcorp programme has changed from CBU to CKD in regards to car. Unless they change again, I don't know.

Last edited:

defuser

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
penang
thanks but i checked with them, they only accept 5 years working experience abroad, I am only at 3 unfortunately so can qualify for their program. = (

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...

does anyone here recommend TRD Suspension Kit...this would be for a MyVi...the kit is being retailed for RM2500...was considering between this, Titan (RM2000) and GAB...please advise and give your personal reviews...

i have used Titan before on my kelisa and loved them...but it was rather hard...sacrificing comfort quite a bit...the goal im hoping to get is to have improved handling with reasonable comfort since the MyVi is not really meant for cornering...just want to improve...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience